WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

So you cannot download it from the blog this time??

I'm sure it will be there soon enough.

:lol:

A very very worrying Podcast up until now...

Well, apart from the obvious such as boots and stadiums there was slowdown, you could hear the rain boot couldn't see it and boots had the same color (on wide cam). They also didn't get their promos yet, which fuels the "delayed-debate". In short, it played nice. The rest of the game(apart from the gameplay)was shit in terms of gfx, editing and Lawro's commenting...

fremm you said that when your cousin had a beta that he saw stadium editor but could go into it so do you think that because adonis had played a 90% finished pes2008 that with that last 10% they could possibly put in the stadium editor?

Check out this screen:

ajaxPSV009.jpg

Is that an addboard template we see there?

if there is no satdium editor then wat is this about. that looks too much like an adboard editor to me so surely there has gotta be a satdium editor

Forget about a stadium editor. Adam just said in the podcast that he looked for it and it wasn't there.
Maybe an adboard editor, I don't know...

I agree with you Cammey, for some reason I believe Seabass may well be working on a new engine but that we are not going to see it until next year, it's the only logical thing I can think of as to why it has taken as long as it has to complete this year's version. Because lets face it this a just a polished up version of the ps2 engine.

Now he is obviously cautious about releasing a different engine and alienating the fans. My thoughts are that becuase we were told he was going to implement 16 way movement etc. but that it didn't work well, he prehaps has somthing up his sleave. He clearly understands how important this is but prehaps it didnt work just yet. Maybe he said to his 'staffs' ok plan B use the engine from last years 360 game and we will work to get this right for next year. I mean its a long shot i know but it would go some way to answer these incosistancys we keep hearing.

Either way this year is going to be mediocre, he has now got a good comentator in, but if he expands the coding and way it works it will be on par with fifa. I believe seabass has used this years effort as a springboard for what will be the PES2>PES3 evolution of last generation.

My Personal 2 Pence anyhow.

I agree with your assessment. With all of the conflicting information we have gotten the last few months it would seem that maybe they are going with a "plan b" for this year and then next year we see the real evolution. We'll see but nice point of view.

if there is no satdium editor then wat is this about. that looks too much like an adboard editor to me so surely there has gotta be a satdium editor
Would it say the resolution though if it was for your average Joe to see? I doubt it, I'm sure that's an internal KCET graphics file.

just a placeholder until licensing contracts for the final game are finalized

I agree with you Cammey, for some reason I believe Seabass may well be working on a new engine but that we are not going to see it until next year, it's the only logical thing I can think of as to why it has taken as long as it has to complete this year's version. Because lets face it this a just a polished up version of the ps2 engine.

Now he is obviously cautious about releasing a different engine and alienating the fans. My thoughts are that becuase we were told he was going to implement 16 way movement etc. but that it didn't work well, he prehaps has something up his sleave. He clearly understands how important this is but prehaps it didnt work just yet. Maybe he said to his 'staffs' ok plan B use the engine from last years 360 game and we will work to get this right for next year. I mean its a long shot i know but it would go some way to answer these incosistancys we keep hearing.

Either way this year is going to be mediocre, he has now got a good comentator in, but if he expands the coding and way it works it will be on par with fifa. I believe seabass has used this years effort as a springboard for what will be the PES2>PES3 evolution of last generation.

My Personal 2 Pence anyhow.

The one hope for football gaming in general is that Seabass redevelops this game to have a system far closer to 360 full analogue control than what PES2008 is going to allow.

FIFA08, for all that it has some nice touches, is still nowhere near PES in terms of on-pitch gameplay. I say it has some nice touches but all I'm really referring to is the control options (ie. you can select to have shooting/passing/long passing/through-balls to be fully-manual/partially-manually/fully-scripted), and if PES included these same options with the same implementation (instead of it's utterly crap and unintuitive RAS implementation), then PES craps all over FIFA in every respect in terms of on-pitch stuff.

Of course, FIFA has the far superior league structures, so if we can finally convince fucktard Seabass that he must sort this, the PES leaves FIFA for dead.

Last edited:

What I dont get is no interview with Seabass or Konami ask these kinds of questions / query why it doesn't change the ML, ask why the nets are all the same, they are all sucking upto the development team. I was hoping that the Blog would do more than PESFAN did and ask these questions but all they seem to do (which I am not trying to belittle) is use those contacts to see versions of the game rather than feedback (if they are doing it then I have missed that blog entry!)

I totally agree with you. No disrespect to the guys at WENB or anybody else, but who (in the media) is asking the relevant questions? Nobody seems to tell it like it is, they seem content with the fact that Konami has been giving us basically the same game for the last 4 or more years. They take out features with no reason, only to put em back again on the next version. I thought the ability to mix and match between the home and away kits was very cool, why did they remove that, was there a reason for it? I am from South America, I would love to be able to play a "proper" Copa America, but it is not possible, you need Bolivia and Venezuela and that's it. One year we had Venezuela and then it got replaced, why? is it really that hard to have kept Venezuela in and the added just Bolivia so that at least some of us would be happy?

Konami seems to be putting the smallest amount of effort with each version.

Who is asking the relevant questions? Who will tell Konami that what they give us is no longer enough?

Are there any real journalists out there?

Sorry for the long post. I'm a long time PES fan, dissapointed in Konami

The wait is killing me!

Need some reviews!

I really hope this Eric guy asks Seabass some important questions. Get those emails into WENB

Well, apart from the obvious such as boots and stadiums there was slowdown, you could hear the rain boot couldn't see it and boots had the same color (on wide cam). They also didn't get their promos yet, which fuels the "delayed-debate". In short, it played nice. The rest of the game(apart from the gameplay)was shit in terms of gfx, editing and Lawro's commenting...

Not for me it doesn't :roll:

Postal strike on the 26th October too, so its probably best to go out and buy PES at the shops.

I totally agree with you. No disrespect to the guys at WENB or anybody else, but who (in the media) is asking the relevant questions? Nobody seems to tell it like it is, they seem content with the fact that Konami has been giving us basically the same game for the last 4 or more years. They take out features with no reason, only to put em back again on the next version. I thought the ability to mix and match between the home and away kits was very cool, why did they remove that, was there a reason for it? I am from South America, I would love to be able to play a "proper" Copa America, but it is not possible, you need Bolivia and Venezuela and that's it. One year we had Venezuela and then it got replaced, why? is it really that hard to have kept Venezuela in and the added just Bolivia so that at least some of us would be happy?

Konami seems to be putting the smallest amount of effort with each version.

Who is asking the relevant questions? Who will tell Konami that what they give us is no longer enough?

Are there any real journalists out there?

Sorry for the long post. I'm a long time PES fan, dissapointed in Konami

WENB was created to give all the fans one central place to come to regarding all the news so you guys didnt havent to search through threads in various forums.

We give our views to Konami like all types of media, but we dont have the influence yet. We went .com in July. We've done a great deal in 3 months, but certainly havent had the time to be a huge factor.

For the people who bothered listening to the podcast we are doing a Q&A with Seabass next week in association with Level7. Drop us all an email with questions and concerns to pass on. There will be a huge post regarding this on Monday.

WENB was created to give all the fans one central place to come to regarding all the news so you guys didnt havent to search through threads in various forums.

We give our views to Konami like all types of media, but we dont have the influence yet. We went .com in July. We've done a great deal in 3 months, but certainly havent had the time to be a huge factor.

For the people who bothered listening to the podcast we are doing a Q&A with Seabass next week in association with Level7. Drop us all an email with questions and concerns to pass on. There will be a huge post regarding this on Monday.

Adonis I am very grateful for all that you guys have done as a service to this community. My post was not directed exclusively at you but mostly the video game press in general. I understand that you guys are newcomers to all this and have done an excellent job so far. I look forward to your interview with Seabass and I hope that you ask him the "uncomfortable" questions, and make the necessary comments, even if they are not what Seabass wants to hear.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

As from all us chumps who use and post on here.. yes you know were all chumps... thanks for all the hard work you guys put in and as final lap has stated could you please ask the questions we as a forum would like to know the answers, if possible, or will the questions be pre-vetted?

My question above all else would have to be regarding the long overdue death of the asenine ML, and the need to bring in a true league and cup system with a proper manager mode, a true off the field simulation.

mannn F* this crap its
It's 2wks 4days 23hrs 46mins 20secs till PES 2008
and im gonna judge when i have played the full version:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom