WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

As from all us chumps who use and post on here.. yes you know were all chumps... thanks for all the hard work you guys put in and as final lap has stated could you please ask the questions we as a forum would like to know the answers, if possible, or will the questions be pre-vetted?

My question above all else would have to be regarding the long overdue death of the asenine ML, and the need to bring in a true league and cup system with a proper manager mode, a true off the field simulation.
That would be my biggest question as well, with 360-degree control one below.

What pisses me off is that if I found my "list of things I want to see in PES" from five years ago, it would still be applicable today. Five years on we've still got top-flight-only teams (despite all of the game's competitors including these, even the shit Japanese ones that nobody buys like World Football Climax), there's still no multiplayer ML, you still can't change jobs in the ML, there's still no 360-degree control, and there's no real online league system (at least no customisable one) but tons of random friendlies versus Barca-hogging pricks instead. And yet in an interview from a week ago Seabass is the saying the game is "near perfect".

So I'm not going to bother writing up all of my questions again, it's a waste of time and effort. He will only add something when he wants to add it. Good luck to all those asking questions though, I hope the people who interview Seabass can stop saying "oh Seabass we love you so much, thanks for all the fun times" long enough to say "so when are you going to add anything new, you trout?"

Last edited:

Dont worry guys I didnt take offense from your posts, its a valid point. I only hope we can evolve into a site that can have an influence on the way people behind the game think about things.

Yep Nick, the ML question is a big one. We'll try our best to get some decent answers.

Here's a small explanation (in German) of the Master League. I think it's an original movie from in the game. What's nice to see is that now we have a first AND second division of 20 teams.

Not the 4 lower divisions we all hoped for but still a small improvement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwkjXGYQaW8

My question above all else would have to be regarding the long overdue death of the asenine ML, and the need to bring in a true league and cup system with a proper manager mode, a true off the field simulation.

Nick, many, many congratulations on being the first EVER correspondant to use the word asenine on this entire forum (do a search).....Of course I'm now the second one, but hey ho.

Here's a small explanation (in German) of the Master League. I think it's an original movie from in the game. What's nice to see is that now we have a first AND second division of 20 teams.

at least it got some improvement:)

Well at least we know what Seabastard and the chumps have been doing for 2 years now, instead of putting a decent editor in the game......

My German is not good ( kugelschriber anyone?) but does it mention a World Club championship game?

Someone called him it earlier in the thread and it makes me giggle.....

(edit)Now Dead man has deleted his post mine looks silly.....he said....

Seabastard???

Last edited:

Is that shirt pull in the 360 demo?

I have tried to pull it off with L1+X to no avail.

Yeah it is in the demo, I have done it several times, you really cant tell unless you see it in replay zoomed in. Is the quick free kick in the demo?

Well I couldn't tell, it sucks I know

I think the main thing with the shirt pull is that it doesn't slow the player down any (that I've noticed). The player pulling the shirt is still running behind the other player all the time.

Also I tried diving when I had my shirt pulled, and I still got a yellow cad. Surely diving at that point should almost always give you a freekick (though if that were to happen the would also need to fix so that the shirtpull also has some benefit for the player who does the pulling, like slowing the opponent down considerably).

I think the main thing with the shirt pull is that it doesn't slow the player down any (that I've noticed). The player pulling the shirt is still running behind the other player all the time.

Also I tried diving when I had my shirt pulled, and I still got a yellow cad. Surely diving at that point should almost always give you a freekick (though if that were to happen the would also need to fix so that the shirtpull also has some benefit for the player who does the pulling, like slowing the opponent down considerably).

Again on the money Trance, please send your comments so the guys at WENB can ask Seabass, we all share the same concerns but you seem to put them out better than the majority of us. I have managed to succesfully dive once and got a penalty out of it, it was cool, but I fear it will get exploited online and be very frustrating

wow wot settings do u have that on, game looks like a PS1 game!

What do you think about this?
we2008coversp7.jpg

I thinks 1 million copies and many PS3's sold in the 1st week minimum.

i have got a question: with the last game (pes6) it was not possible anymore to change to langues (of the menu, of the commentary etc.). ou even couldn´t use e.h. a german option file on a english copy of the game...

does anybody know it konami now offers the free choice of languages again with pes2008? and if it is again possible to use option files with copies from different countries? i hate the german translation of the menues and the commentary in german is even worse than the english one. so do i have to order my game from the uk if i want english languages or is there again the possibility to change languages at the beginning (loading) of pes2008?

thanks

Something about your mother. Thats about hullybull's contribution nowedays.

Amusing to see in his last comment that he found an "a" offensive and starred it. Highlights his intelligence, if the unneeded offensive comments didnt already.

I guess its now acceptable to post insults to each other regarding their mothers aslong as you star enough of it. Would have thought the ban hammer would have been out already, maybe because its directed at anybody who dares to be negative about obvious pes flaws?

Anyway....

Tne ML league video is interesting, I wonder what the continents part was about at the end? National coach or World Club Championship? Probably WCC, atleast there seems to be some improvement.

Last edited:

Haha does that even say anything? All I can get is Your ans twn maybe casher? then suck? or something :D

*Edit* That was about the guys post with the Vitesse badge :D

Oooh actually Tiktik, that word is mother?

Well I think I can translate it now haha, it says this I think "Your mother suck my ball"

Last edited:

Something about your mother. Thats about hullybull's contribution nowedays.

Amusing to see in his last comment that he found an "a" offensive and starred it. Highlights his intelligence, if the unneeded offensive comments didnt already.

I guess its now acceptable to post insults to each other regarding their mothers aslong as you star enough of it. Would have thought the ban hammer would have been out already, maybe because its directed at anybody who dares to be negative about obvious pes flaws?

Anyway....

Tne ML league video is interesting, I wonder what the continents part was about at the end? National coach or World Club Championship? Probably WCC, atleast there seems to be some improvement.

Well if it is as derogatory as you suggest then i am somewhat offended.

The fact that it looks amusing is not a personal attack on anyone,people need to get a grip of what games are about,........FUN........,If it makes you laugh then its all part of the fun is it not.

There are elements of any game that has silly animation or bugs that i find amusing, just because its in my game of choice does'nt mean its a personal dig at somebody's familly who point it out.

Not impressed

EDIT and how does he know my Mother is still alive, I'll leave that thought with you

Last edited:

I think it would be more useful to discuss what really good questions are for Seabass. People complain a lot about the game but if there is a chance to make some suggestions to the man himself, nobody talk about it! :shock:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom