WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

That PC Action video with England v Holland is like football on steroids! I hope that's an early build and not the so-called slowed down version because it's still way too fast.

That PC Action video with England v Holland is like football on steroids! I hope that's an early build and not the so-called slowed down version because it's still way too fast.

It is much slower than the builds I had seen from ages ago but still too fast. If that is the final build I am not going to be happy. :(

I think when you play it for a while it will be fine. You'll get used to the pace, and the way you play the game affects that too. I like to control possession when I play, so it seems slower in that sense.

It is much slower than the builds I had seen from ages ago but still too fast. If that is the final build I am not going to be happy. :(

Builds from the console versions in particular the ps3 are much much slower.

Beatts have you got the game? Also, why would the PS3 be slower than the PC/360? It doesn't make sense mate.

I think when you play it for a while it will be fine. You'll get used to the pace, and the way you play the game affects that too. I like to control possession when I play, so it seems slower in that sense.

i do agre with that Adonis and it is possible to dictate the pace,but the animations and turns seem too fast and the ball whizzes about like nobodys business.

Beatts have you got the game? Also, why would the PS3 be slower than the PC/360? It doesn't make sense mate.

From the version that I played last week the PS3 version was slower than the 360 version. Only slightly, but there was a difference. Sounds odd, although its something the other Konami reps at the show agreed with.

Whatever happens, I hope the Japanese version released a month later is slower. Winning Eleven games usually are imo.

Just an observation from what ive seen from all of the videos that have been posted, maybe the date of the builds vary im not sure mate.

Thanks for the info guys. :)

i do agre with that Adonis and it is possible to dictate the pace,but the animations and turns seem too fast and the ball whizzes about like nobodys business.

I find the ball to be fine tbh. Ive seen some videos on here where its like ping pong, but when I play it doesnt do that. I like the pace of the ball, I find it too slow in Fifa.

It was hilarious watching Milan vs Lazio last night, Nesta kept pinging the ball to Bonera. You could see it on Bonera's face when he looked back at Nesta, something like 'Chill the f*ck out man!' :lol:

can someone just confirm wtf we can and cant edit and will this mean we cannot replicate authentic kits??

I am not familiar with layers, please explain.

If its still a poor edit facility then i am out.To have a dumbed down mode for the 2nd year running is appalling:(

here's a list of questions that I believe will be asked. Many more will be added:

6) Because of the problems you face with licensing issues, would you ever create a substantial amount of unlicensed teams for the user to be able to edit? As you know the editing community is huge regarding the PES/WE series, it’s something fans have been longing for many years.

Hopefully following up this question - the need for extra teams being closely related to the need for ML structural improvements to allow much more than just 2 Divisions.

Can someone answer me the following questions?

1. Will there be fully editable features such as renaming leagues, editing the Premiership kits so they look exactly like their real-life counterparts etc?

2. How many stadiums are confirmed?

3. How many leagues are featured (eg. La Liga etc)?

4. Will there be a way for us to fully edit the game and save it to a memory card for other people to use?

what about 4 Vs 4 in online mode ... is it confirm ?

the master league improvements piss me off as i play upto 200 hours or more on master league on each version of pes, from the new vid on wenb it shows some hopefull vids of the master league and comments about being like sega manager games in the the future , which is great news for me as i play them sometimes , they are very well designed for fun with shirt sponsor and tv deals and foreign investment in fanbase and stadium editor etc. the new master league has two divisions still and has incresed the first division from 16 teams to 20!! wow finally, the second division has also been improved from 8 teams to wait a wopping 20 teams :applause::shock:what news fucking magnificent this made my day.!!!:shock:\\:o/:D. then the top 3 qualify this time and in the first division the top 6 go to europe and play in uefa or UCL then the winner of the european UCL plays in a mini tournament against the other continent winners like the world club cup. thats what it looks like on that video. finally a slight improvement may keep me from starting a new team for at least a few season campaigns this time.

has anybody else seen it , adonis or anyone else and whats you comment . i know it aint all that but still finally a improvement.

From the version that I played last week the PS3 version was slower than the 360 version. Only slightly, but there was a difference. Sounds odd, although its something the other Konami reps at the show agreed with.

Whatever happens, I hope the Japanese version released a month later is slower. Winning Eleven games usually are imo.

damnn it, finaly someone that agrees with me on the jap winning eleven series:) and thats alsow the reason i always prever the jap version every year.
After hearing wonderfull news that Winning eleven 2008 is alsow in english(thank to extra space on blu-ray)i jumped of my chair at work.Im gonna get PES2008 for sure(hopefully on the 23th this month) but the real wait for me is next month when WE2008 is rlsed.

your gonna buy both games? i actually suprised people do that madness!

I only ever buy Winning Eleven. There really is no need to own WE and PES.

Anyone know if the International Challenge mode is back?

Hey Adonis,

I was wondering, how many of these jpeg pictures (to import in PES2008) can be held in the game hold? Or is it a case of storing all your jpeg pictures on your HDD?

Last edited:

Good question.

Hey Adonis,

I was wondering, how many of these jpeg pictures (to import in PES2008) can the hold in the game hold? Or is it a case of storing all your jpeg pictures on your HDD?

Not sure, will clarify. As far as I know its from the HDD.

@naz11,

Well, the Master League improvements isn't something truly amazing, but I for one was still happy about it.

All you have to do is create 20 division 2 teams with the 18 blank team slots + PES/WE teams, accompanied by the 20/18 teams for division 1 and you have yourself somewhat of a realistic league structure.

A little bit of an imagination will also help. :)

Last edited:

hi people..

i just wanted to ask a few questions.. and was 'hoping' sum1 would be kind enough to answer them..?

im considering buying a ps3 and was wondering what the difference was between the ps2 and ps3 versions?

also.. will i be able to play import (jap) games on my uk/pal ps3?

and lastly.. how come there wasnt a japanese release? they usually release the jap version before the others..? the reason i ask this is because i love the japanese comentators.. and hate the corny english 1s lol.. i also heard that you can change the language in any version.. so basically.. would i be able to buy the pal version and have jap comentators?

sorry for askin questions that all you guys prob already know.. there was just 2many pages to go thru..

thanks in advance..

PEACE!

Ruliweb: The game will be released in almost any platform possible. Is there any difficulty in doing so?

Seabass: To be frank, there isn't any specially-added difficulty just because we're releasing it for all the platforms. The game is being developed on a PC and and we port it to each different console. So there is not too much trouble in doing it

I thought PS3 was the main development unit?

does an1 know exactly when konami will start to give pes at shops? i mean shops will have it before the 25th as always.when does konami opens the door? please any1 with info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom