WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Little bit different me thinks.

here's a list of questions that I believe will be asked. Many more will be added:

1) Now we are in the next-gen era, how much does PES 2008 push the PS3/X360? Perhaps you could use a percentage to clarify.

2) The reception from many media establishments is that they feel the game lends itself too closely to the PS2 version, and that they feel you have done the bare minimum to release it to next-gen consoles. What’s your view on this?

3) We always hear that Konami have a close relationship with Sony, especially with the PES series. When developing the game does this come into account, or do you develop the game with no bias towards any platform now that you develop for the Xbox 360 also.

4) Have you had they chance to see Fifa 08? What are thoughts on EA’s latest efforts? The graphics and animation do certainly impress, and seem to be a level higher than PES in that respect. Do you feel that’s because they’ve had more time with the next-gen hardware?

5) Do you see the series evolving into full 360 degrees movement in the near future, or do you prefer to enhance the 8-way directional control?

6) Because of the problems you face with licensing issues, would you ever create a substantial amount of unlicensed teams for the user to be able to edit? As you know the editing community is huge regarding the PES/WE series, it’s something fans have been longing for many years.

7) Over the years we have seen many features added and taken away. For example editing functions seem to be modified yearly (ability to edit boots, ability to change socks and shorts on kits etc.) Is there a reason for these features to be removed?

8) Finally, what are your main ambitions for PES/WE 2009? Do you see a huge improvement or do you feel the changes will be minimal on a yearly base.

Damn!! forgot to send ML question on... Come on Adonis the inane ML has got to be up there... Take a copy of Fifa08 and a Sunday Sport supplement, along with the FIFA official rule book and one of those wall charts you get free every European and World Cup.

I think the Master League is an overrated part of any footie series to be honest. Playing against the CPU is nothing compared to playing against another person, be it online or in the same room so I don't really care about the ML option. On the other hand, online leagues would be an amazing addition and something that EA has already implemented.

Isn't PES2008 supposed to have 250+ teams? In the new pics on the blog it doesnt look like 250+ teams.

I think the Master League is an overrated part of any footie series to be honest. Playing against the CPU is nothing compared to playing against another person, be it online or in the same room so I don't really care about the ML option. On the other hand, online leagues would be an amazing addition and something that EA has already implemented.
online would be fine, a if everybody had it for free and the fact it's full of cheats.... How can it be overrated, what I'm asking for is a Sim of real life leagues.

So realist

seriea272ou7.jpg

well i counted around 205 teams........so have they got 2 leagues still missing?! Or does seabass just count the total number of teams that have been used over the years? Im sure with them taking teams away and replacing them all the time its easily over 250 teams. Just getting rid of the germans and adding empty slots then equals nearly 40 teams :D. Its probably the latter as they continue to say new licenses added and fail to mention others removed. So in the same way if they only count teams added and fail to discount the teams removed the game easily has over 250 teams, LMAO. What a joke!

Here's a question adam:

So where are the 250+ teams you mentioned?

The Xboxworld review sounds pretty much what im thinking, ie as an arcade kick about pes will be really good. I find it infuriating that they continue to excuse the large number of ommisions/lack of development by saying; "Well that have to have something for next year." More like the next decade with nokami's speed.

Last edited:

I DON'T WANT AN ARCADE KICKABOUT KONAMI! Arrrrrrggh! :(

I dont think anyone does. Its the speed and lack of manual passing that makes it feel arcade, other than that its not as bad as I 1st thought. I played the demo more and got used to the steroid speed and quite liked what I played.

I might download the demo again after playing loads of FIFA 08 and see if I still hate it as much. Don't worry guys, I WILL rememember that it's not the final build etc. I am still loving FIFA so much though. I guess that because I have been a PES lover for so long, it feels like I am cheating my wife by loving EA's game! ;)

I counted 186 teams + 18 empty slots. 250+ teams?

banana097.gif
Funny picture of Henry
banana097.gif

:cheers:
7360c0f3aa.jpg

Last edited:

I played the PC Demo and its smoothhhh on my machine. I am half tempted to get it for the PC for the same reasons as you jflores. The problem is id rather sit on the couch in front of my 50"HD TV rather than sit at my desk and play it on a 19" TFT :)

I am with you on that. This is the main reason why I bought my 42' HD samsung TV. With HDMI on my PS3, I hope this game looks and plays as smooth as it looks on those PC vids.

The PC movies I've seen do look smooth. I especially am liking the sound effects during the slide tackles, shots, and smacking of the ball by the GK. This sound effects are hardly noticeable in the demo or latest PS3/360 vids I've seen.

The keeper animations look very nice as well, the agility and reaction time by Van Der Saar on the Holland vs England PC video look much better than the console vids I've seen.

I will be getting the PS3 version to start off. After a few upgrades to my PC, I will give the PC version a try as well.

If I could get a good quality picture from plugging my PC to my TV i may consider getting the PC version. Especially with the Modding goodness :) but id love to play on Xbox live etc so I might well have to get the 360 version.

Dida get the Samuel L. Jackson sickness from the movie Unbreakable, isn't funny :(

If I could get a good quality picture from plugging my PC to my TV i may consider getting the PC version. Especially with the Modding goodness :) but id love to play on Xbox live etc so I might well have to get the 360 version.

LOL! you sound like me..you might as well get all "3" of them. That's my dilemma as well. I have an LCD tv, with capabilities to hook my PC to. I might do the same....I do miss the 360's online quality though. Don't know if PS3's online will be as smooth as Xbox's. This will definately be the factor that overturns my decision to get the PC/360 version.

I need good, smooth, functional online network mode. I can deal with the 360 controller if I am forced to go with that.

I am not impressed of the way Konami works on other areas that are not gameplay. Gameplay for sure has a lot of flaws but finally you get used to and enjoy it. But the team selection is a complete joke. Where is Boca? Where is The Bundesliga? Where are the 250+ teams?

Seabass should be demanded for lying so quietly. Damn, he is a real jerk. If you don't put more teams in the game, at least don't be a f*** liar...

So... I say again what I said on WENB comments: dejavu76 and his negativeness are right this time: this is a copy/paste of PES6 with a few non-sense additions like finland teams :lmao: Well done Konami :(

I am not impressed of the way Konami works on other areas that are not gameplay. Gameplay for sure has a lot of flaws but finally you get used to and enjoy it. But the team selection is a complete joke. Where is Boca? Where is The Bundesliga? Where are the 250+ teams?

Seabass should be demanded for lying so quietly. Damn, he is a real jerk. If you don't put more teams in the game, at least don't be a f*** liar...

So... I say again what I said on WENB comments: dejavu76 and his negativeness are right this time: this is a copy/paste of PES6 with a few non-sense additions like finland teams :lmao: Well done Konami :(

I think it was Swedish teams (3 of them, 1 was in PES6). ;)

Currently I am even enjoying the PC version of FIFA08. Not as much analog control as the 360 version, but there is manual throughpassing whuch basically works like a passbutton. I wonder if I am going to be playing more than 10-20 hours PES2008 this year. I want to like it, but from the videos I've seen, it has turned into everythng I don't want a football game to be (faster than reality, everything controlled by the game, players moving unnaturally, players broadsiding shots when I am not pressing Controlled shot, etc etc).

FIFA08 PC on "Slow" Speed is very nice to play. I also like Be A Pro where I am only controlling Ronaldinho. Fixing the cursor in PES game me nothing, it was boring even compared to PES6 PC. In FIFA you need to be 2 steps ahead about what you are going to try and do, which I quite like.

Still looking forward to PES2008 release, but realistically I don't think it will be for me this year (I didn't play PES6 all that much either).

I'am sorry if people perceive me in a negative way.
I'd like to point out I'am a big footy games fan. This is actually only kind of games I play.
I only share what I feel, without force my feelings biasing a format over another, be sure.
Between PES and FIFA I played only PES, never owned FIFA.

My only aim is to achieve a real good football game whoever it come from.

I'm sure you, Putuco, are in good faith doing your comment. :)

Last edited:

Little bit different me thinks.

here's a list of questions that I believe will be asked. Many more will be added:

1) Now we are in the next-gen era, how much does PES 2008 push the PS3/X360? Perhaps you could use a percentage to clarify.

2) The reception from many media establishments is that they feel the game lends itself too closely to the PS2 version, and that they feel you have done the bare minimum to release it to next-gen consoles. What’s your view on this?

3) We always hear that Konami have a close relationship with Sony, especially with the PES series. When developing the game does this come into account, or do you develop the game with no bias towards any platform now that you develop for the Xbox 360 also.

4) Have you had they chance to see Fifa 08? What are thoughts on EA’s latest efforts? The graphics and animation do certainly impress, and seem to be a level higher than PES in that respect. Do you feel that’s because they’ve had more time with the next-gen hardware?

5) Do you see the series evolving into full 360 degrees movement in the near future, or do you prefer to enhance the 8-way directional control?

6) Because of the problems you face with licensing issues, would you ever create a substantial amount of unlicensed teams for the user to be able to edit? As you know the editing community is huge regarding the PES/WE series, it’s something fans have been longing for many years.

7) Over the years we have seen many features added and taken away. For example editing functions seem to be modified yearly (ability to edit boots, ability to change socks and shorts on kits etc.) Is there a reason for these features to be removed?

8) Finally, what are your main ambitions for PES/WE 2009? Do you see a huge improvement or do you feel the changes will be minimal on a yearly base.

Adonis, have you considered opening those questions out.....for example don't ask... Do you feel that’s because they’ve had more time with the next-gen hardware?

simply ask why? - Don't give him the chance to answer Yes or No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom