WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Still looks too fast. And they havent even bothered to try and disguise the player movements so they dont look like they can only go in six directions...

Champion does sound better than the old football Italia commentator

Commentators are surely better.

The rest looks like the same old pes to me. You can see those are 2 hardcore pes players, they score and play like veterans, cutback gol and lots of running on the wing.

True, this however is a pc version that they have had for a while, the pace has been notably slower in newer builds also.

I can see me getting pissed off with lawro already. :lol:

Still looks too fast. And they havent even bothered to try and disguise the player movements so they dont look like they can only go in six directions...

Exactly. It looks like they're playing Sensible Soccer. It really amazes me how Konami didn't even bother to make some animations to make the transition between directions smoother. EA did this and it clearly makes the game look better, the players don't seem to be running on rails.

And then we have the unstoppable players like Owen, Martins or Kaká. Press R1 and you get yourself half a goal. Seriously, that's so unrealistic. I just wish the final game overall speed was 50% slower.

Besides, it doesn't really look good when in the end of the video the entire crowd sits down at the exact same time. This is just a minor detail, but it looks weird anyway. On the other hand, the net physics look really good. I can't say the same about the goals' structure though.

I'm not impressed at all.

Why are they hardcore, I am pretty hardcore, but I can actually say I play better football than that!

I dont actually score cutbacks if I do not many, and aint let in a cutback in ages. See thing is with PES, I find defending is a true art, and consists of playing well in defence and setting up the defence well on tactics, otherwise you will be doooomed!

But ones quick to complain that you can always score cutbacks, Chelsea score a cut back in the league (ruled offside when it was a goal) do people complain. I scored quite a few cutbacks on fifa now in career mode, I dont see no problem.

If these things about the pace being slowed down in the final build are true, i find it quite scary that Konami would leave a massive thing to the last minute

But ones quick to complain that you can always score cutbacks, Chelsea score a cut back in the league (ruled offside when it was a goal) do people complain. I scored quite a few cutbacks on fifa now in career mode, I dont see no problem.

Dude do u ever play on line? play people rated 600/700 only do cutbacks. No matter what defense options u choose, if they pick barca or inter u are doomed anyway. They have to give us PES5 defense system back.

Jon Champion sounds very good, but Lawro sounds as bad as ever ;) He phoned in that performance I think!

Dude do u ever play on line? play people rated 600/700 only do cutbacks. No matter what defense options u choose, if they pick barca or inter u are doomed anyway. They have to give us PES5 defense system back.

I argue this a lot, I assist to a lot of tournaments here and the good players leave you a few goals like that because those guys defend well. I did not play online since PES5, but if you defend well on the wings, a cutback goal is rare. You are so negative with the game... I wonder why you are still here moaning all the time, honestly I wonder if you have a lot of free time or you just don't like FIFA a lot. I would not spend any minute moaning on a game if I have another to pass the time and have fun... but well, your choice and you are free to do whatever you want I guess...

I agree with you only in one thing: bring on the penguins!!! :lmao:

About the video, the pace is insane for God sake... hope the speed in the final game is a lot slower...

WHOEVER METIONED THE PES5 DEFENSE SYSTEM DESERVES A MEDAL! KONAMI I WANT THE COVERING OPTION BACK, IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!

WHOEVER METIONED THE PES5 DEFENSE SYSTEM DESERVES A MEDAL! KONAMI I WANT THE COVERING OPTION BACK, IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!

Thanks for the medal, a beer would be enough though....

BTW one QUESTION:

Is it me or in the new video they reintroduce the autoside stepping in place of the poorly animated ice skating animations of the demo (when players suddendly change direction)??? Comments on that would be appreciated ( no need to tell me how miserable my life is, me and my brasilian girl are doing pretty fine in barceloneta).

Last edited:

:salute:

so... they changed to a commentator with a more irritating voice...

...and kept the same sentences?

Well one thing is recording a new commentator, one things is to restructure the whole commentary according to the action.

Any idea who is on the italian commentary?

Anyway i stick to my point (with the consequential nasty counterposts) that they went the easy way: in place of a new commentary structure new commentators, in place of a player 360 move the autoside stepping, in place of a new penalty system a penalty camera, in place of a new graphic engine a bit of bumpmapping and very nice faces etc. It is pes6 with some make up.

P.S.
And I love passionatly pes2, 3 and pes5 and ISS back in the days. I am not a chronicle whiner, just someone who is not fooled by a clever marketing.

Last edited:

sorry, is this new video for the ps3 or ps2?

/actual question

its PC....and not PS2 or PS3
(vid from www.pcaction.de )

and yes the commentary is good:)
and ppl screaming about pace again that its to fast....it is but its still a vid made from pc...that runs with fast frames.
BTW Owen looked far to fast that was not good while ronaldo movement was nice u could see the balo handeling was better.....and ofcourse alsow the fast dribbels of Kaka was fast...buts thats a real fact:)
the last goal of newcastle was nice...shows again the classic gameplay quality of pes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom