WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

so basically there is
-no stadium builder (fuk u konami)
-cant even edit boots (fuk u konami)
- limited kit designs (fuk u konami)
deep edit mode my ass
once again konami have let their fans down.

adonis was the version u played the final version and if not is there not any way konami could have stadium editor,boots editor and more kit desings etc in the final build

so basically there is
-no stadium builder (fuk u konami)
-cant even edit boots (fuk u konami)
- limited kit designs (fuk u konami)
deep edit mode my ass
once again konami have let their fans down.

adonis was the version u played the final version and if not is there not any way konami could have stadium editor,boots editor and more kit desings etc in the final build

they don't let me down; made again the best footygame

Whats the big fuss about lads?

I played the 360 demo and it was great, the only downside was the speed. It baffles me when i read comments that say the demo was "shit" ... "worse than PES6"

The latest videos of the PS3 version looks mint, the speed has been reduced, graphics look good, game play looks suburb.. etc..

the ONLY things i'm disappointed about is the lack of stadiums and edit mode, thats it.

I don't see what the big fuss is about. I can't wait for this game !!

Well, graphics are not great in my opinion. Especially the PS3 version..it looks washed out and resembles a PS2 polished version. They are not sharp like the 360 version. This could could be the TV their using though. Some more licensed teams for the EPL would have been nice also.

All in all, at the end of the day I just want to have a blast playing my friends and online. If it can give me this, then I am fine with it.

Andro u can dribble and be a maradona in fifa, u just have to learn how to do it (pretty difficult). Thanks god it is not like in pes where u simply outsprint the opponents with faster players or yo do a fake which makes u go through the defender like it was an invisible being.

I prefer a game that forces you to play collectively like pes5 and pes3 rather than a game that encourages you do to a one man show (pes4 and 6).

Anyway more reviews and previews say what some of us have been claiming, pes is more aracadish and did not really take any substantial change to justify a full price for the game.

I mean if you ran the 100 in 10.40 in 1955 you were a legend, if u run in 10.40 these days you are just an average runner. Time to go back and run fast Seabass......you have come in second this year.

i'm still buying the game, though, because i know it's the game that i will have the most fun playing with my friends.

Sadly that seems to be the only way to play pes nowedays. There is nothing for single players anymore, and really there hasnt been for a couple of years now. Having played, and really enjoyed fifa this past couple of weeks i definitly think pes is the multiplayer footie game this year. For all its qualities i could imagine fifa to be too slow and tactical to be really fun in multiplayer. Especially if you are playing a newcomer. It really does take a lot of practice. Pes on the otherhand is so direct and fast from controller to screenmovement and also a very fast game just to play that it could be a lot of fun for multiplayer. Although i would fear for too high scores, 6-6 and thats sort of stuff, even moreso after eurogamers comments about how easy to dribble it is.

Watching the vid atm, it looks so fast. Especially after playing fifa recently. Also the running animation still looks very poor, moreso then pes6 actually. Oh well.

Though we have to admit to really disliking the new behind the keeper angle when facing penalties, which just felt, well, a bit crap really.

:applause:

Have you got a video clip or picture of the new penalty camera angle?

I ain't seen it yet :(

BTW if eurogamer played a 90% version, Adonis must have played the 99% version since he said it was incredible. The eurogamer guy did not sound so enthusiastic to me.

Still the pc version with the editing is gonna look much better.

Have you got a video clip or picture of the new penalty camera angle?

I ain't seen it yet :(

0050.jpg

You'd rather have not seen it.

BTW if eurogamer played a 90% version, Adonis must have played the 99% version since he said it was incredible. The eurogamer guy did not sound so enthusiastic to me.

Totally agree with the fact that the PC version will be better because of that.
KITSERVER, and edited OF can delete all the "licences" and "bad faces" problems.

But its alright for him to ignore the fact its also on PC and Xbox 360 and only post PS3 info?

Seriously Elite you should read some of the stuff he comes out with.

I read all the stuff he comes out with. And if he wants to post PS3 only so let him be. I`ve got a xbox360 and a PS3. But i prefer playing Pes on the PS3 because of the joypad :)

The eurogamer article was good i think, im pleased with the demo on the 360 so far and seeing those videos just makes me want the finished game as fast as possible
Its wery good if Fifa moves forward so konami gets some hard competition
Then they will push themself to deliver even better versions in the future
Im 100% sure i will have a great time with pes 2008 and as always i will hate some games and love others ... this is still the only videogame that can bring forward so much hate and love feelings no matter if i play it online or with my friends in the sofa
It does feels like this years version gets more bad comments than usual .... but im sure one month after the release people will love it ...i know i will :)

Penalty camera was a good idea by they should have moved it behing the gol. This one is confusing.

The eurogamer article was good i think, im pleased with the demo on the 360 so far and seeing those videos just makes me want the finished game as fast as possible
Im 100% sure i will have a great time with pes 2008 and as always i will hate some games and love others ... this is still the only videogame that can bring forward so much hate and love feelings no matter if i play it online or with my friends in the sofa
It does feels like this years version gets more bad comments than usual .... but im sure one month after the release people will love it ...i know i will :)

Reasonable, diplomatic and balanced :applause:

Penalty camera was a good idea by they should have moved it behing the gol. This one is confusing.

In fact you have so little control on the penalty shoot/save that if you'd view it from the dressing room would be the same.

not flaming adonis, but he may just be a little biased, seeing as he runs a pro evo site

But its alright for him to ignore the fact its also on PC and Xbox 360 and only post PS3 info?

So, because he brings info about the PS3 version means, he's obligated to provide info on the PC & 360 versions?

In fact you have so little control on the penalty shoot/save that if you'd view it from the dressing room would be the same.

well u can't really ask for controlling the power and direction, it is not part of the scripting.

Soooo true :applause:

well u can't really ask for controlling the power and direction, it is not part of the scripting.

Yes so lucky based.
Everytime I played it online I removed PK.
I prefer a draw

Adonis may think its incredible, while Eurogamer may not. nobody is lying, it is just a matter of different opinion. All this talk of Eurogamer being against PES is silly. If you cannot handle criticism you should not bother reading previews/reviews.

I am actually not suprised about Eurogamer's preview. They make some valid points.

Penalty issue alone is enough to deny definition of simulation. I never digested it, an arcade triumph.

Well, graphics are not great in my opinion. Especially the PS3 version..it looks washed out and resembles a PS2 polished version. They are not sharp like the 360 version. This could could be the TV their using though. Some more licensed teams for the EPL would have been nice also.

All in all, at the end of the day I just want to have a blast playing my friends and online. If it can give me this, then I am fine with it.
jflores do you know why more EPL teams cant be licensed? its due to a exclusive thing with ea and something that restricts Konami to approaching just 2 EPL teams for their representation in game..

NEW VIDEO ON PCACTION! INCLUDES COMMENTARY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom