WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/gaming_live/0000/00001162/pes_2008_france_espagne_f1q1.htm

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/gaming_live/0000/00001163/pes_2008_psg_om_f1q1.htm

The testers point of view is (He told me that on their forum):
- No graphic Evolution (that's not new)
- Crappy commentary
- Good Gameplay but no real evolution.
- Good AI
- Editing mode is back
- Far better Master League.
- Possibility of 4vs4 online !!
- BUT he said for him (he's a hardcore player of PES) FIFA gave the real Evolution this year in term of simulation...and confirmed that this was a pre-version of the game (sent by Konami for the testers)

I think to have a good PES2008 this year I'm gonna buy it on PC because of the patching possibilities.

Editing mode is back? What do they mean with that?

Amazing videos though...

And imagine that in ps3 tha game is slower! Perfect!

Last edited:

I know it has been discussed before, but it seems the auto sidestep is back, i hated it so much!!!!!!!

Do u mean 4vs4 from 8 different pc or like in pes6 from 4????

Last edited:

Editing mode is back? What do they mean with that?

Amazing videos though...

And imagine that in ps3 tha game is slower! Perfect!

It's just because it disapeared on PES6 360...

Ive read on PESFan that its been delayed till November, both 360 and PS3 versions.

I hope this isn't true :(

If you click on the fifa 08 barca-real game and u understand a bit of french the guy says that fifa this year is more a simulation and gives you more freedom than the "perfect pass on the feet pes".

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/gaming_live/0000/00001162/pes_2008_france_espagne_f1q1.htm

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/gaming_live/0000/00001163/pes_2008_psg_om_f1q1.htm

The testers point of view is (He told me that on their forum):
- No graphic Evolution (that's not new)
- Crappy commentary
- Good Gameplay but no real evolution.
- Good AI
- Editing mode is back
- Far better Master League.
- Possibility of 4vs4 online !!
- BUT he said for him (he's a hardcore player of PES) FIFA gave the real Evolution this year in term of simulation...and confirmed that this was a pre-version of the game (sent by Konami for the testers)

I think to have a good PES2008 this year I'm gonna buy it on PC because of the patching possibilities.

I have to admit THESE are the FIRST GOOD PES2008 videos... Gameeplay looks slower and concise. very nice looking with these vids. I am a little more hopeful with this tile. NTHING up until these videos looked promising. BUT NOW? I can see potential come Feb 09:)

Graphics still look like they are just better textures of the PS2 build. And i would know i was one of the editors for the last gen of PES/Winning Eleven games on PS2 via bmp texture work for grass and stadiums,kits and boots:)

If you click on the fifa 08 barca-real game and u understand a bit of french the guy says that fifa this year is more a simulation and gives you more freedom than the "perfect pass on the feet pes".

Yep charlievolano, the tester told me the same...BUT he also told me that he'll wait for the final version to give his real impressions about both games...and give advices for those hesitating like me ;).

FIFA08 = Evolution with few known bugs
PES2008 = No evolution with known legendary gameplay.

Sorry but still hesitating ;)

They also told that graphically it was :
- PES6 + parralax (extraction effect for the texture, like the grass)
- The kits are bumpmapped (relief effect which react to light)

Too technical for me ^^

But they were expecting much more from PS3 and X360 versions.

PS : Is it me or the crappy running animations are less horrible? (due to a slower pace?)

junka i'll change the links soon.

God don't know if I'm getting used to the slow pace of FIFA, but some of those runs on there.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzoooooooooommmmm.
Is it just me or is that damn quick? I know others have said the Beta version is much faster than the final build, I sure hope so.. otherwise I'll have to give up the beer fest sessions and stock up on red bulls

Some people on this forum need a reality check.

People who actually know me, know that 99% of the things I say I am joking about.

If you look through the last few pages I have been complimenting the new shots and saying that I am warming to the demo.

There are at least 20 other people who have "genuinely" slated the new PES but its always the same people that get brought up.

Yes I like Fifa but I will still buy Pro Evo and no doubt love it.

Its a forum there will be disagreement's and arguments, but at the end of the day its a video game, not life and death.

This is not an attack at you Gerd, its just I'm sick of people using my name in there arguments all the time.

Regarding Untucked shirts etc, that's all just pantomime.

Yeah give Cammey a break. I can spot his humour a mile off, why can't you? :)

I have to admit THESE are the FIRST GOOD PES2008 videos... Gameeplay looks slower and concise. very nice looking with these vids. I am a little more hopeful with this tile. NTHING up until these videos looked promising. BUT NOW? I can see potential come Feb 09:)

Graphics still look like they are just better textures of the PS2 build. And i would know i was one of the editors for the last gen of PES/Winning Eleven games on PS2 via bmp texture work for grass and stadiums,kits and boots:)

Honestly I don't see so much difference from the PC demo, in general.

Cant see why konami are complaining about the negative reviews. As far as ive read the negative elements are the total lack of development, both in graphics, gameplay and ML modes. Can they really say that it will be significantly different from the beta to retail versions?

Has ML been overhauled? Or the graphics? or the gameplay? From whats been said, very little has changed and im not expecting it to happen for the retail version. Its about time magazines and webreview sites started to voice a critical note, which is needed as only the very ignorant cant see that the series is stagnating. Something which all of us suffer from, now or will eventually. They need to realise that they cant get away with only the gameplay being good and the rest crap on nextgen platforms anymore. And so far thats been pretty much the critical note konami have been complaining about. Not really a surprise as they dont like the fact that their lazyness is being noticed and commented on. Its very easy for konami to do something about it, and that it do something about it!

So again ill ask, which are the new teams that make the game contain 250 and does anybody know how the ML is looking now? I mean are we now gonna get a 20 team 1st division and a 4 team second division? Im surprised the jeaxvideo comment about the a far better ML, what does that consist of? Or do they just like the man with his dog?

is there camera angle moving ( from 1 - 9 )in PES 2008

F*ckking sh1t i can not play any vids,cus of my gay ass test work pc sux,there running all in slowmo

Are we ever gonna get to hear the new English commentary?
Nah probably not due to the fact that the scripts for the commentary are probably recycled shit from Brackely and Brooking. So expect to hear Jon Champion say the same sorta shit. Its something Konami are ashamed of besides the cartoon graphics :)

Guys,, maybe sounds weird but anyone knows if there is any gameshops in Heathrow or Gatwick cause a friend is coming to my country but way too early in the morning on 25th so im praying something is open so he can buy the friggin game :( or ill be doomed :(
thanks

New videos look mint.

Best ive seen so far, by FAR

the game play looks allot slower which is defiantly a good thing.

That new camera angle looks ok, kinda Fifa-ish lol. There was another video someone posted a while back with a new camera angle, it looked like "wide" but the camera angles change slightly i.e when you cross the ball into the box the camera would kinda of zoom out a little, it looked mint !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom