WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Getting mine on the 26th :(, But I will get discount :) and by the time im traded in PES its only going to cost me £7 :D.

...i can't understand why konami interact so angry almost 3 weeks before the relase?
mayby they should open a forum or join us here in the evo web and try to program a game with our help...

but in the other hand, i think is very possitve and necessary to think about the game konami! welcome to the next-gen! we have the money and we pay your wages!

raffau

Don't care much about the editing.
Fact is that the gameplay is excellent according tosomebody who's actually played it...
So forget about the previous 489 pages in this thread and all the charlievolano's and cammeyboys of this world....
About the french article...do you know French jack???
I do and what the internet article said was that some French magazines based their reviews on early codes, codes that were meant to used for previews...now i guess that"s why konami wasn't happy...
Is this logic??? Yes it is, it isn't fair behaviour...Why all this hype??? Because PES is the best seller game in France...and of course because gaming magazines are more and more outmanoeuvered by websites...so they want to "create" exclusives by having the first PES "review" of an early code...
Put two and two together (the French article and the recent build that Adonis played and that is very good...) and it isn't hard to see that PES2008 isn't treated very fair.

Ok...let the fanboy comments rain down on me...i don't give a shit.

thats not true gerd...in the past years since the hexediting comes up, the hole editing thing put the series in a other level....with all the patch maklers we done konami a hugh favour...the hole popularity grows massive! so we can except some new features in the next-gen editing!

shmae

Oh will u all shut up ? This game is gonna be great, even demo, which has some clear mistakes and undone things is 100 x better than full Fifa08. Full version is gonna rock. I played Fifa , its crap, demo I play every day 15 minutes, its cool, legendary PES gameplay.

Let's forget about critical opinions, let's only focus on gerdish fanboyism. Editing does not matter, sounds doesn't matter, licenses do no matter, same masterleague is not important, as long as we have the same scripted gameplay with 2 tweaks here and there we can all spend our money happily.

Bring on the Penguins.

Very true, although I remain skeptical. The only way KONAMI could make a "big change", in my eyes, would be to change the gameplay alot, inplementing new systems for passing etc.

For comparison, I don't really view PES6 --> PES2008 PC Demo as a big change. For me to call it a big change, they would need to "expand" more than they simply "renew" (by simply changing one shot animation for one that looks different, but does the same thing as the one replaced did).

This way of working is also a big complaint for me. Sure, they may have added a new shot animation in PES2008 (in replacement for a PES6 one that was deleted from the game). But it doesn't really change anything other than the player moving differently when shooting, and you know next year the new animation will be replaced yet again by another animation that looks different, but also does the same thing.

Obviously I am being overly simplistic now, but these are my general feelings atleast. I wish KONAMI would take more chances, and experiment, rather than just changing some superficial stuff but keeping the same shooting/passing/longpass interface that has been there for 8-9 years). I've been playing the game so much now that the "PES" feeling for me now is a negative. I define it as bashing buttons without any feeling or weight, or finesse.

I agree on every single word.
Perception of improvements is very subjective and lack of innovation in the past 3/4 years is becoming a dead factor for some of us. Konami keep exploiting their Cash Cow regardless real quality or innovation, they stopped to inject quality into their game some years ago. Ideas and innovation are quality. Proposing every year the past quality results for 60/70 euros isn't quality.
That's enough.

We can reserve our final opinion untill 26th oct of course, but Adam's words itself lets know there is no improvements: "The feeling of playing PES was there. Whether that's a good thing or bad remains to be seen with some of the fans, as perhaps its a sign of the series not really moving on. It certainly feels familiar."

Every year the same game, ok, our beloved game, but the same beloved game we pay hard. I love innovation also, and pretend ideas and progress from Konami if they want my money.

Last edited:

and all the charlievolano's and cammeyboys of this world....

Some people on this forum need a reality check.

People who actually know me, know that 99% of the things I say I am joking about.

If you look through the last few pages I have been complimenting the new shots and saying that I am warming to the demo.

There are at least 20 other people who have "genuinely" slated the new PES but its always the same people that get brought up.

Yes I like Fifa but I will still buy Pro Evo and no doubt love it.

Its a forum there will be disagreement's and arguments, but at the end of the day its a video game, not life and death.

This is not an attack at you Gerd, its just I'm sick of people using my name in there arguments all the time.

Regarding Untucked shirts etc, that's all just pantomime.

People who actually know me, know that 99% of the things I say I am joking about.

If you look through the last few pages I have been complimenting the new shots and saying that I am warming to the demo.

There are at least 20 other people who have "genuinely" slated the new PES but its always the same people that get brought up.

Its a forum there will be disagreement's and arguments, but at the end of the day its a video game, not life and death.

This is not an attack at you Gerd, its just I'm sick of people using my name in there arguments all the time.

Good point, mate.
We all should tone down probably. :)

Fine post cammyboy, agree with you in every respect. But no untucked shirts would be a disaster ;)

Let's forget about critical opinions, let's only focus on gerdish fanboyism. Editing does not matter, sounds doesn't matter, licenses do no matter, same masterleague is not important, as long as we have the same scripted gameplay with 2 tweaks here and there we can all spend our money happily.

Bring on the Penguins.

Argumented like always...
And then when there are no arguments, let us use the non-argument that kills all arguments: gerdish fanboyism...now there is a degree worse than fanboyism....gerdish fanboyism...LOL.

You know what i think about you, i posted that a couple of pages earlier. I seriously wonder what kind of life you have. Once again no hard feelings but itis kind of sad...such a waste of time.

Cammeyboy: i know that 80% of what you are posting is humour. i know you are far more intelligent than most people who come here and cause aggro...that's why IMHO you should think twice before posting.

And yes it's only about video games...i agree with you on that...call me peculiar but i like these forums and i'm sick and tired about the constant aggro...oh well i'm not without blame either...

Cammeyboy: i know that 80% of what you are posting is humour. i know you are far more intelligent than most people who come here and cause aggro...that's why IMHO you should think twice before posting.

And yes it's only about video games...i agree with you on that...call me peculiar but i like these forums and i'm sick and tired about the constant aggro...oh well i'm not without blame either...

Yes I agree mate but I just like winding up some of the "Fanboys" now and again.

Yes it is childish but this forum sometimes needs the humour aspect. :)

[You know what i think about you, i posted that a couple of pages earlier. I seriously wonder what kind of life you have. Once again no hard feelings but itis kind of sad...such a waste of tim].

Pretty happy life in barcelona living by the coast teaching in a university. What about urself mr 45 years old, employed by konami to write farry tales about their little updates?

If u can't take people making point about your beloved game it is not my problem.

Man what a load of shit this thread has! I find like a couple of pieces of Information out of a whole load of bollocks and people having a go at Plan M for having an opinion and people having a go at Cammey for taking the piss.... seriously people need to chill out!

Since when did this become the "protect ThomasGOAL and his PS3" thread?

Yeah! First there was complaining, now theres complaining about complaining, adding to the previous amount of complaints and now me complaining about complaining about complaining :D What has the thread come to... :D haha

Charlie I dont think its his beloved game, think he has fifa so what are you barking about now?

Is there any scans of the OPM review for PES2008? Cause I was at tesco express and saw it, was gonna buy it, was so tempted but didnt, this was after footy last night.

Since when did this become the "protect ThomasGOAL and his PS3" thread?

Why the F*** do you need to involve ThomasGOAL into this!? It isn`t his fault that some members are bitching around and can`t take any critics. IF it wasn`t for ThomasGOAL we wouldn`t had the updated information about many games (including pes) every week!

Stats of all the England players.

Question, I've never played ISS online before, when you play online is it default stats?

Those stats need tweaking, Shrek is faster than Rio!

KONAMI WHAT DID LEDLEY KING DO TO YOU?!

Last edited:

Yeah stop bitching kids and give ThomasGOAL a break! He's doing a lot for this community. I rather have him posting info that he found then you lot complaining like spoiled brats.

So games will never be 100% realistic because the players stats arent accurate, well done Konami.

Why the F*** do you need to involve ThomasGOAL into this!? It isn`t his fault that some members are bitching around and can`t take any critics. IF it wasn`t for ThomasGOAL we wouldn`t had the updated information about many games (including pes) every week!
But its alright for him to ignore the fact its also on PC and Xbox 360 and only post PS3 info?

Seriously Elite you should read some of the stuff he comes out with.

So can anynone tell me what kind of edit mode will be included in pes2008?

Will we have, edit player, player transfer, edit team (number,logo etc)?

Well to you they arent accurate, I thought Rooney was faster than Rio tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom