WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Great..based on the camera options, we will not have the option to change the angle from 1-9 as before. This is bad news for me since I usually with Angle (9) on Normal wide/long.

Xbox360 version on the other videos has sharper colors.

Last edited:

Guys,, maybe sounds weird but anyone knows if there is any gameshops in Heathrow or Gatwick cause a friend is coming to my country but way too early in the morning on 25th so im praying something is open so he can buy the friggin game :( or ill be doomed :(
thanks

dunno :(
i only know that here in Holland the game wil be for sale in the stores on 25th.

im sorry but that video looks shit! i actually laughed when i saw it, pro evo is finished

im sorry but that video looks shit! i actually laughed when i saw it, pro evo is finished

I don't think it's shit, but certainly it isn't what we were expecting for. It's an update, modest update, that's all.

Though we have to admit to really disliking the new behind the keeper angle when facing penalties, which just felt, well, a bit crap really.

:applause:

So are the majority of people on this board, but that doesn't mean diddly.
If it's crap, it's crap. What can we do about it

Surely they robbed those pics from PC Action.

So are the majority of people on this board, but that doesn't mean diddly.
If it's crap, it's crap. What can we do about it

I'd be sad as well as you if it's crap. We can't do anything except blame Konami and let they know about our great disappointment.

There are positives in there you know.

I'd be sad as well as you if it's crap. We can't do anything except blame Konami and let they know about our great disappointment.

I know, but they won't listen...sono tutti cornuti a Konami;)

Eurogamer seems like FIFA fanboys:)

I wouldn't say that, they tell it how it is. At then end of the day its just another person opinion only this person represents a well known website.

well....here is another short translation that a friend of mine made of that french website , hope its clear now:)

basically they're saying printed material can't keep up with "The web" and so in bid to try to keep the edge they used a Beta to do a review... but obviously since the its a beta they didn't get to rate the final product
but did try to rate it like it was a media pre-retail copy

basically a desperate act to keep up with competition which is free, more reliable and updated much faster on a daily basis ;)
also the game was incomplete
so it was less than a beta
closure of the text says
"maybe its time to move on from the oudated printed magazines if you want accurate reviews..."
end of story :)
maybe konami shouldnt have given them a shit version

Eurogamer seems like FIFA fanboys:)

You really can't accept that PES 2008 might be a bit shit this year, can you? How old are you? Why is everyone who dislikes the game automatically a "FIFA fanboy"? If I hated the Batman movie, would you call me a "Spiderman fanboy" because of this?

I have a question: If YOU play it and YOU think it's terrible deep-down, would you say so? Or would you cover it up with "Fifaggot lol111!!!zzz!"?

they aint fifa fanboys. just read their reviews on all the crappy fifa's that came out on ps2 compared to pes!

You really can't accept that PES 2008 might be a bit shit this year, can you? How old are you? Why is everyone who dislikes the game automatically a "FIFA fanboy"? If I hated the Batman movie, would you call me a "Spiderman fanboy" because of this?

I have a question: If YOU play it and YOU think it's terrible deep-down, would you say so? Or would you cover it up with "Fifaggot lol111!!!zzz!"?

waffle waffle waffle waffle....

....the game is going to be fine. The only thing is Konami could have done a lot more with it and perhaps they will in future years but for now, its going to be fine

I think the original poster was being sarcastic but i could be wrong :P

These sort of arguments are bound to happen as i imagine the average age on here is around 16/17

The lack of forward movement in ML and the backwards step with stadiums and editing has still baffled me. Despite how good the gameplay is, the game will still be flawed which is a shame really. I really hope Konami start bucking their ideas up with the single player campaign mode next year. If not i'll take a easyjet flight out to japan and run into Konamis headquarters strapped with C4 and blow myself up :D

Last edited:

i don't think they're not excited.
they're just telling us how it is
- the graphics, bar the faces, look nowhere near the beautiful fifa (i even had to check the platform the game that was being player, on some of the new videos)
- the new stuff is minimal "incremental", as they suggest
- the game is still fun to play, and is more arcadey, as opposed to this year's fifa. you can't dribble through one defender on fifa, let alone make maradona look like a bad player.

i'm still buying the game, though, because i know it's the game that i will have the most fun playing with my friends.

Whats the big fuss about lads?

I played the 360 demo and it was great, the only downside was the speed. It baffles me when i read comments that say the demo was "shit" ... "worse than PES6"

The latest videos of the PS3 version looks mint, the speed has been reduced, graphics look good, game play looks suburb.. etc..

the ONLY things i'm disappointed about is the lack of stadiums and edit mode, thats it.

I don't see what the big fuss is about. I can't wait for this game !!

..umnnn YES:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom