WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Konami is angry because it seems all magazines reviews are made on a beta version and not the finale one.

But it's the same for fifa I presume.

Konami is angry because it seems all magazines reviews are made on a beta version and not the finale one.

But it's the same for fifa I presume.
No because FIFA already out

Well in the jeux video magazine test it was a beta.

I tought all reviews were made on final build.
How can a magazine review a beta??

Read a few posts around the net saying PES PS3 is delayed is this simply balls or true? Saw a comment in particular on the WENB, is that the source of this rumour?

What the fuck is up with this thread becoming contaminated with pussies and fags? Stop being such immature cuntic beings and start being real men like! Stop winding each other up and all the cat fights. Lets leave all this crap behind us and re-unite. Lets remember were all the the victims here and being wound up. Tonight we invade both Konami and EA!

300movie_wideweb__470x269,0.jpg

P.S.Tranceallstar (is that ur name?) join us because we need your ideas to make the perfect game :8):

Sure I'll join in. Any KONAMI-offices in Sweden I could direct my anger at? ;)

I played some FIFA08 yesterday, and although I have played it far from enough to recognize some flaws, and some regular players seem to have found flaws in FIFA aswell (besides the flaws you might find by comparing to how PES does things that is), I am in love with the analog passing and shooting.

My brother and I had lots of fun just passing about with the manual settings. And several times I actually apologized to my brother for a craply aimed pass I just struck, rather than blurting out obscenities to the players like I always do in PES (where it is their fault if a pass misses it's target).

Right now FIFA is "better" in my book, but that is after 5 hours of it so it doesn't really mean anything. ALso I am not aiming this at anyone in specific or trying to spread FIFA propaganda. ;)

And thanks for remembering my nick, I guess that means some of "my" ideas (some of them are pretty self-explanatory I suppose hehe) aren't absolute bollocks. Nice to hear mate. ;)

I tought all reviews were made on final build.
How can a magazine review a beta??

I thought the same things. I can understand previews and such, or "lesser" gaming sources, using whatever they can get. But any major magazine or site surely wouldn't use anything but the retail version, since that would mean other companies wouldn't bother sending them preview versions out of fear they would be used for reviews that wouldn't reflect the true product.

Last edited:

Talking about beta's: Adonis, Suff, do you already received your promo-copy?

Read a few posts around the net saying PES PS3 is delayed is this simply balls or true? Saw a comment in particular on the WENB, is that the source of this rumour?

not true m8
there are no big official game websites anouncing that PES2008 wil be delayed on PS3.(if it would,that means Konami realy did listen to us and diced to change some stuf after al:),but it wont )
But yah....where the hek is Adonis:(
im waiting whole day for some news of him.

It seems that they have gone AWOL

Got back from my 5 a side match at GOALS Soccer Centre, and they are doing a Pro Evo tourny there in november some time, think early-middle of november, £5 entry, money for winner and semi finalists, and copies of the game for the semi finalists and winner etc, I cant remember what was what, and people from sony will be there, giving out PES gear and PSP's and shite apparently :D

Excellent!

According to this french article and to Konami, the quality of the version sent to the magazine is very different from the final one.
Sometimes, the beta versions of games are very close to the final game but it seems that for this PES2008 it's a totaly different quality of product.

That's why they are angry that some magazines, to be the first to make a review of the game, judged PES2008 even if it was not the finished version.

We will see if the final game is so different. But a good hope regarding the ridiculous animation we have on the demo :

french website said:
Heureusement, l'animation des joueurs, et la physique de la balle toujours aussi réussie font oublier tout le reste.

According to them, the animation of the player is very good. So either they have horrible taste/eyes either It was fixed for the final version.

A google translation:

Undermine anything, in the medium of the video game, business PES 2008 fact some movements currently. Does the business PES, that say something to you? Not? Such an amount of worse for you. We are not kind to denounce the lack of professionalism of some of our fellow-members or the foutage of mouth and the lack of respect of which they make proof towards their readers. It is not our kind. Not, not, not. Do not insist. We have friends in this medium. We will not spit our venom on anybody. We like everyone. And it would not be very correct in any case.

But naaaan, one talks cock.

There are friends, one does not love nobody, one vomit on the politically correct one, and for once one at the time of giving to their large unquestionable place gueules*, my faith, going there as much free. Such an amount of worse so with the next presentation presses, one is made choper in a corner to be made tabasser. And perhaps then good, time that is packed, one will send Marion… whom they will not dare…

Then, business PES… yes. Go, tell the facts…

The problem of the magazines of video games is quite real today. They suffer from competition Internet. To tell the truth, hein, why go to pay 6 or 8 € to have old infos several weeks that you could have gone to seek gratos on the fabric?

In short, all the means are good to roast the courtesy with the Net.

Except that sometimes, with wanting péter too much excluded, one is caught a nice light-back.

Konami sent to the magazines “testable” versions supposedly of play PES 2008. Time that they realize that instead of testable versions, they were only versions preview far from being finished, the evil was made and the written articles for the majority. A magazine or two had already left besides to the impression. These, one will of course excuse them by knowing pertinently that they will undoubtedly not fail to make an update of the test in their next number. Remain that the different ones were played it “one of fout, one makes appear the test nevertheless because to push back in the next month, that would like to say to have the tests after Internet sites already published them”. And that, inevitably, on a play such as PES 2008, the play more sold in France, it was unacceptable for them.

Result, ALL the magazines tested rotted versions of the play. Because as much certain versions preview is sometimes very close to the final versions, as much that of PES was with thousand miles of the final version. It is quite simple, to have seen this version in Games Convention of Leipzig, we had set out again about it with the feeling which a license of reputation was going to be wasted: the versions PS3 and Xbox 360 seemed to be directed towards a shipwreck from all the points of view, jouability and graphics included/understood. However, to have already received testable versions on the two consoles next-gen, it is not finally the case. The difference is obvious.

Result, Konami has the nerves: the notes which you can see in the press are far from reflecting the true quality of the play, and the comments of the testers are with hundred miles of reality. Oh, we do not say either that the play is perfect and would deserve eternal praises, hein, far from there… but say that it is roughly speaking and more or less, neither better nor less good than the version of the last year.

Here. Then the idea is not to play the righters of wrongs or the dispensers of justice. We have other she-cats to whip and torture. Simply to give the pendulums per hour and to anticipate the comments which will not fail to arrive to us, of the kind: “why noted it to you whereas the whole of the clipboard, not? ”. And then, you undoubtedly know it already… one nevertheless likes well to put the two feet in the dish, provided that splashes everyone.

The conclusion of all this stir? Wouldn't it be time to stop losing your money with certain magazines, mmh?

According to this french article and to Konami, the quality of the version sent to the magazine is very different from the final one.
Sometimes, the beta versions of games are very close to the final game but it seems that for this PES2008 it's a totaly different quality of product.

That's why they are angry that some magazines, to be the first to make a review of the game, judged PES2008 even if it was not the finished version.

We will see if the final game is so different. But a good hope regarding the ridiculous animation we have on the demo :

According to them, the animation of the player is very good. So either they have horrible taste/eyes either It was fixed for the final version.

Yeah, it remains to be seen how different it is.

It is always hard to know what scale someone uses when expression their opinions. What KONAMI feels are huge differences, might be something that is only very small details that contribute little to the experience.

Meanwhile, when we hear the the final game is different, we immediately think "so they might have fixed the GK gloves, or completely removed that "limping" running animation, etc.

What someone might mean when they say "a big difference" (KONAMI changing little details that give a slightly different excperience when playign the game), someone might instead think means that they have made quite substantial changes to the game.

Also, "According to them, the animation of the player is very good." This sentence means absolutely nothing of course. If you had asked KONAMI about the Demo version, they wouldn't have said "the animations aren't very good". And if you ask them about PES6, they would still say the animations were very good (which would equate PES6 with PES2008, as in "we have changed nothing"). These types of generic statements are better left out of articles IMO, unless they specify what about the PES2008 Retail Version Animations makes them better than the animations we saw in the PE2008 Demo.

I will enjoy making "PES2008" vs. "PES2008 PC Demo" videos when the game comes out, comparing them in detail to find out just how different they are in pace/animation relationships/ballspeeds/whatever.

Not to mention alot of poeple have linked to the videos many sites have reviewed, saying "ohh look how good it looks, much slower/better/whatever than the final version". And now KONAMI says that most reviews so far (as I take it) are from versions not more advanced than the Demo?

Ohh if only KONAMI would get off their asses and clear things out once and for all what versions are from what dates etc. They need to make some changes so that the Europe departments know what the Japanese are up to, and vice versa, because right now the communications don't seem to be all that healthy to the company and it's products. IMO obviously. :)

Last edited:

Well, at least they changed something, which is, no matter how you twist or turn it, very positive.

adonis is keeping his comments for next podcast,why would he reveal everything here when he can have a large auditory then.

Well, at least they changed something, which is, no matter how you twist or turn it, very positive.

Very true, although I remain skeptical. The only way KONAMI could make a "big change", in my eyes, would be to change the gameplay alot, inplementing new systems for passing etc.

For comparison, I don't really view PES6 --> PES2008 PC Demo as a big change. For me to call it a big change, they would need to "expand" more than they simply "renew" (by simply changing one shot animation for one that looks different, but does the same thing as the one replaced did).

This way of working is also a big complaint for me. Sure, they may have added a new shot animation in PES2008 (in replacement for a PES6 one that was deleted from the game). But it doesn't really change anything other than the player moving differently when shooting, and you know next year the new animation will be replaced yet again by another animation that looks different, but also does the same thing.

Obviously I am being overly simplistic now, but these are my general feelings atleast. I wish KONAMI would take more chances, and experiment, rather than just changing some superficial stuff but keeping the same shooting/passing/longpass interface that has been there for 8-9 years). I've been playing the game so much now that the "PES" feeling for me now is a negative. I define it as bashing buttons without any feeling or weight, or finesse.

Ahh dammit, I am rambling so much now I'd rather just delete this post, but I wrote it all and I don't want to throw this time away. If I had a FIFA avatar I would be flamed to within an inch of my life. Just ignore me... :(

Also, "According to them, the animation of the player is very good." This sentence means absolutely nothing of course. If you had asked KONAMI about the Demo version, they wouldn't have said "the animations aren't very good". And if you ask them about PES6, they would still say the animations were very good (which would equate PES6 with PES2008, as in "we have changed nothing"). These types of generic statements are better left out of articles IMO, unless they specify what about the PES2008 Retail Version Animations makes them better than the animations we saw in the PE2008 Demo.

This is according to the French website's test, not Konami.

gurjisfit said:
Undermine anything, in the medium of the video game, business PES 2008 fact some movements currently. Does the business PES, that say something to you? Not? Such an amount of worse for you. We are not kind to denounce the lack of professionalism of some of our fellow-members or the foutage of mouth and the lack of respect of which they make proof towards their readers. It is not our kind. Not, not, not. Do not insist. We have friends in this medium. We will not spit our venom on anybody. We like everyone. And it would not be very correct in any case.

But naaaan, one talks cock.

There are friends, one does not love nobody, one vomit on the politically correct one, and for once one at the time of giving to their large unquestionable place gueules*, my faith, going there as much free. Such an amount of worse so with the next presentation presses, one is made choper in a corner to be made tabasser. And perhaps then good, time that is packed, one will send Marion… whom they will not dare…

Then, business PES… yes. Go, tell the facts…

The problem of the magazines of video games is quite real today. They suffer from competition Internet. To tell the truth, hein, why go to pay 6 or 8 € to have old infos several weeks that you could have gone to seek gratos on the fabric?

In short, all the means are good to roast the courtesy with the Net.

Except that sometimes, with wanting péter too much excluded, one is caught a nice light-back.

Konami sent to the magazines “testable” versions supposedly of play PES 2008. Time that they realize that instead of testable versions, they were only versions preview far from being finished, the evil was made and the written articles for the majority. A magazine or two had already left besides to the impression. These, one will of course excuse them by knowing pertinently that they will undoubtedly not fail to make an update of the test in their next number. Remain that the different ones were played it “one of fout, one makes appear the test nevertheless because to push back in the next month, that would like to say to have the tests after Internet sites already published them”. And that, inevitably, on a play such as PES 2008, the play more sold in France, it was unacceptable for them.

Result, ALL the magazines tested rotted versions of the play. Because as much certain versions preview is sometimes very close to the final versions, as much that of PES was with thousand miles of the final version. It is quite simple, to have seen this version in Games Convention of Leipzig, we had set out again about it with the feeling which a license of reputation was going to be wasted: the versions PS3 and Xbox 360 seemed to be directed towards a shipwreck from all the points of view, jouability and graphics included/understood. However, to have already received testable versions on the two consoles next-gen, it is not finally the case. The difference is obvious.

Result, Konami has the nerves: the notes which you can see in the press are far from reflecting the true quality of the play, and the comments of the testers are with hundred miles of reality. Oh, we do not say either that the play is perfect and would deserve eternal praises, hein, far from there… but say that it is roughly speaking and more or less, neither better nor less good than the version of the last year.

Here. Then the idea is not to play the righters of wrongs or the dispensers of justice. We have other she-cats to whip and torture. Simply to give the pendulums per hour and to anticipate the comments which will not fail to arrive to us, of the kind: “why noted it to you whereas the whole of the clipboard, not? ”. And then, you undoubtedly know it already… one nevertheless likes well to put the two feet in the dish, provided that splashes everyone.

The conclusion of all this stir? Wouldn't it be time to stop losing your money with certain magazines, mmh?

My thoughts entirely.

well....here is another short translation that a friend of mine made of that french website , hope its clear now:)

basically they're saying printed material can't keep up with "The web" and so in bid to try to keep the edge they used a Beta to do a review... but obviously since the its a beta they didn't get to rate the final product
but did try to rate it like it was a media pre-retail copy

basically a desperate act to keep up with competition which is free, more reliable and updated much faster on a daily basis ;)
also the game was incomplete
so it was less than a beta
closure of the text says
"maybe its time to move on from the oudated printed magazines if you want accurate reviews..."
end of story :)

Konami are feeling the heat, thats a good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom