WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

The game will be superdupermega-great with sugar on top. It's as easy as that. I bought FIFA 08 and have played quite a lot with my friends. It is fun, but not as fun as PES 6 on my PC. Gameplay is better and more polished in PES.

In that PS3 video I noticed the "injured" running animation.

Seems 40gb PS3 will be out on 10 oct for 399 euro (Italy at least).
An italian PS3 portal gave the news as sure, confirmed by internal sourses at Sony.

In that PS3 video I noticed the "injured" running animation.

Seems 40gb PS3 will be out on 10 oct for 399 euro (Italy at least).
An italian PS3 portal gave the news as sure, confirmed by internal sourses at Sony.

There's also this rumour in France !!
for October13th and if that's the case I'll buy it for sure !!

There's also this rumour in France !!
for October13th and if that's the case I'll buy it for sure !!

I'm going to buy it too.
I suggest you to wait till november, TG was rumouring about a PES+PS3 bundle for 449.

Anyway on ebay you can find better price. I guess on the mid of november I'll be able to buy a PS3 for €300 on ebay.

Last edited:

Yes I've heard about it but I think it's for the end of November (Because of Christmas). I can't wait because of my birthday :)

Yes I've heard about it but I think it's for the end of November (Because of Christmas). I can't wait because of my birthday :)

I see. After all you'd save a few euros, not so much.

Please forgive me for ignorance, but is PES 2008 and WE 2008 going to be AS DIFFERENT as titles in the past? I've been keeping up with the news but nothing i've seen mentions about this.

adonis, Adam, where are you??? can you give us some information about what happened with the demo, and news for the version you played yesterday.

Yes !! as I'm writing now, lot of French Websites are confirming this great news !!
PS3+40Go+1Pad = 399€ !!
I think I'm gonna take it with FIFA08 !!
+ If FIFA don't charm me, Micromania (A french shop) exchange it with a bonus for PES2008 ;) (Nice Idea Micromania)

Yes !! as I'm writing now, lot of French Websites are confirming this great news !!
PS3+40Go+1Pad = 399€ !!
I think I'm gonna take it with FIFA08 !!
+ If FIFA don't charm me, Micromania (A french shop) exchange it with a bonus for PES2008 ;) (Nice Idea Micromania)

Would you have a link to this option? I can't find it on shop site...
thanks

That video was nice to my eyes in all honesty, it looks much slower and a nicer pace, probably realistic, you can see quick movement and turning just like in real life, there is actually agility in this game, the slower ones eg big defenders move slower, turn slower, the quicker ones can turn and milk a player with a sudden twist or turn and a burst of speed :D

The nets = magnificant! They dont look as droopy, although the probably are, the breeze blocks still look stupid, but the net looks fantastic from far, and it moves beautifully, see the cameroon player in the net and put his arms up when the score, and the net is moving perfectly around him, amazing!

Now just got to get the full game, to see what its really like.

Would you have a link to this option? I can't find it on shop site...
thanks

About the PS3 or the FIFA exchange?

The PS3, there are only Video Games Specialized websites which are confirming the news.
And sorry if you understood PS3+40Go+1Pad as 2 pads totally.

And Micromania isn't an online shop :(

That video was nice to my eyes in all honesty, it looks much slower and a nicer pace, probably realistic, you can see quick movement and turning just like in real life, there is actually agility in this game, the slower ones eg big defenders move slower, turn slower, the quicker ones can turn and milk a player with a sudden twist or turn and a burst of speed :D

The nets = magnificant! They dont look as droopy, although the probably are, the breeze blocks still look stupid, but the net looks fantastic from far, and it moves beautifully, see the cameroon player in the net and put his arms up when the score, and the net is moving perfectly around him, amazing!

Now just got to get the full game, to see what its really like.

I agree with your impressions based on that video. I have been a little concerned and unhappy about the past videos regarding the nets. However, the nets did look and behaved much more realistic on that header/goal. I was really impressed. The droopyness that you mentioned is what I didn't like from previous videos where the ball just droops all the way out from the rest of the net. This "appears" to not be there. I hope.

I did notice the agility factor that you mentioned. I like it, it looked more convincing..the speed looked slower as well. I liked the video, only bad thing was the graphics. They just resemble too much PS2 polished graphics to me.

Having said that, I am hoping for a demo on PS3.

One question for you, what camera distance/angle would you say that video was on?

About the PS3 or the FIFA exchange?

The PS3, there are only Video Games Specialized websites which are confirming the news.
And sorry if you understood PS3+40Go+1Pad as 2 pads totally.

And Micromania isn't an online shop :(

I'm referring to Micromania, I found their website:
http://www.micromania.fr/

I agree with your impressions based on that video. I have been a little concerned and unhappy about the past videos regarding the nets. However, the nets did look and behaved much more realistic on that header/goal. I was really impressed. The droopyness that you mentioned is what I didn't like from previous videos where the ball just droops all the way out from the rest of the net. This "appears" to not be there. I hope.

I did notice the agility factor that you mentioned. I like it, it looked more convincing..the speed looked slower as well. I liked the video, only bad thing was the graphics. They just resemble too much PS2 polished graphics to me.

Having said that, I am hoping for a demo on PS3.

One question for you, what camera distance/angle would you say that video was on?

Looks to me about Normal Long, but then again might not be as they change the view further or closer for each PES so I would say Normal Long though, if not Wide, but dont think so... Unless you can edit how far and high you want the camera in this one, but yeah, Normal Long haha! Thats what I normally play on.

They do look polished PS2 though, although doesnt bother me, loads complaiened Halo 3 looked HD version of Halo 2, but look at that, its look soo much better once you get it and play it, the environments are amazing! But that did look like a winter/dull day game, so doesnt look to bad, the weather looked MEAN in a picture I saw, and looked amazing :D

I want to hear the english commentary now, and also the rain, see if its rain now haha!

Also the edit mode still, about the 12 x patters and crap.

from winning eleven blog forunm:

Sony receive the demo, but Konami take it back.... due to problems with PS3

PS3 Version was delayed for November???

i heard about it

this is true?????

Last edited:

Where did you hear that, apart from some commands from anonymous posters on the WEMB blog? I think some FIFA-fans are trying to cause havoc...

That video was much improved, The game looks to have slowed down by about 25%.

much better.

i heard about it

this is true?????

no

all stores are saying that the pes2008 release is on 26 of october. i beleive in them.

Where did you hear that, apart from some commands from anonymous posters on the WEMB blog? I think some FIFA-fans are trying to cause havoc...

Heard it there:) Well, every shred of gossip is enough to make me go mental, Han. Heard anything about the "reduced" edit mode?

i heard about it

this is true?????

It upsets me to see people posting rumors with out any facts/links to back it up. This creates so much confusion and hostility.

If this was true, I for one wouldn't be bothered by it. This would just mean that NOKAMI would have more time to tweak or enhance some key areas in the game. More time "usually" means good news for us since it gives developers more freedom to make the necessary corrections.

Looks to me about Normal Long, but then again might not be as they change the view further or closer for each PES so I would say Normal Long though, if not Wide, but dont think so... Unless you can edit how far and high you want the camera in this one, but yeah, Normal Long haha! Thats what I normally play on.

They do look polished PS2 though, although doesnt bother me, loads complaiened Halo 3 looked HD version of Halo 2, but look at that, its look soo much better once you get it and play it, the environments are amazing! But that did look like a winter/dull day game, so doesnt look to bad, the weather looked MEAN in a picture I saw, and looked amazing :D

I want to hear the english commentary now, and also the rain, see if its rain now haha!

Also the edit mode still, about the 12 x patters and crap.

Yeah, looks about the same to me. I usually play on Normal/Long as well.

And your right about Halo 3, The graphics are great, especially the environments. They are breathtaking...

I would like to hear the spanish commentary. Very curious to see how it sounds.

And edit mode? oh man..I really hope the edit mode is not as bad as we think.

I just want to play de PES 2008 demo for PS3 that a lot of pleople played at leipzig convention, its too easy, the demo is there since Augost.

i think that we will going to dowload before winning eleven 11 demo (japan Store) than PES 2008 demo (Europe Store), if this continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom