WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

putuco still angry about milan losing and came to let it all out ... ahh bless :lmao:

Just because someone comments on somthing doesn't mean he thinks it affects the game.

You guys are too defensive.

Last edited:

Wonder if they will have Dida faking injury move in PES 2008 :lmao:

That was shocking stretcher also :lol:

Dont all shoot me at once but do you think we will see different nets this year (like PES5 etc on PS2) Its great to go to different grounds and the nets behave differently.

I have played FIFA 08 to death and I was one of those that thought it had taken the footy crown, but after 4 days of playing unresponsive football with blatant cpu cheating, I am trading it in.

I dont enjoy it but its still a fantastic attempt at simulating football.

I am now praying that PES will shine through with this years addition but I am not liking the speed of the demo.Do we think this is slowed down inhe final version?

the impressions from adonis from playing final version of the game are very promising,the realistic gamespeed and fluent gameplay are what matters most.
if the editmode is about the same as in pes 6 its good for me.

By the way, can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to create a UK accout in my US PS3?

This ofcourse, assuming that this PES2008 demo comes out tomorrow.

Cheers!
;-)

i dunno about the demo....the dutch website says nothing about the demo rlsing 2morow.
It only says that the PS3 demo is pushed back on a later date then the 360/PC demo during a 'certification' issue.

the ppl replying on the comments are only saying its gonna PROLLY 2morow.

I wanna know what the new commentary is like! Surprised we haven't heard any of it by now

coolertorwartbn1.jpg

OLÈ!!

Limited Patterns to make kits? mama mia wtf

My sentiments exactly. On the PS2, OK. On PC's with Harddrives, or X360's with harddrives, not OK.

Why do people think the faces are better on the 360 and PS3? This is what they look like on my PC! I can only think the other screenshots aren't taken on very good hardware or something. This is about as next-gen as you could want IMO

*SNIP*

Yeah. SOme might not realize this, but most games that share platforms (released on both the 360 and PS3) look differently. It's like comparing two DVD players. You can distinguish differences between how they output the video, and how they render the colours etc. Some will look more washed out, some may look more vibrant. Also, vibrant isn't always better, since the "true" color might be washed out, in which case the more vibrant one isn't really acurate, even though it might look better in this case.

AND as always, were they shown on the same type TVs etc. Just having 2 different TV models can make a huge difference for the color balance, contrast etc etc etc.

I don't see the point commenting on the sharpness of the different versions, when it isn't mentioned what TVs were used etc, or we have no "true" source to compare with. besides, the differences will be completely negligable of course. Noone is going to go out to buy a 360 just because the 360 version "looks more sharper". You'd be better off upgrading your TV in that case, because that is most likely going to be a bigger error source than what characteristics the console has when outputting the video.

Besides, the PS3 has been shown to tint most things on it a bit to the blueish side I believe. As for sharpness, I can't see any console being less sharp than the next, simply because the quality of the picture outputted is all that matters. Obviously there is design differences, most likely big ones, but the results will still be comparable, and definitely high-quality.

It's not like the differnces will be like taking a normal picture and running it through a Photoshop "sharpen" filter. And if it is, well, then trow out that 15-year-old CRT.

Just because someone comments on somthing doesn't mean he thinks it affects the game.

You guys are too defensive.

If someone only post negative comments about the game, those are the comments from forum members that he will receive. I insist, who the hell give a shit about GK gloves?

Some people just look for provocation. If you have nothing good to say, please be quiet... damn...

Celtic fan for the people... those Brazilians are really cheaters sometimes (like that Rivaldo On 2002 :lmao:)

;)

I can't wait to see more videos of the final version, videos of the edit mode and hopefully some full matches, maybe featuring Celtic and Scotland.

Im very happy also my only worry is that there are only 12 shirt patterns in the game, i mean WTF?

Hope adam can shed light on this when he returns.

Only thing you can shed on is tears..

Full-time: Celtic 2-1 AC Milan

BUT, right at the end, a Celtic fan ran on the pitch and slapped the Milan keeper across the face.

So, Celtic will undoubtedly forfeit the match.

You call that a fan?

i dunno about the demo....the dutch website says nothing about the demo rlsing 2morow.
It only says that the PS3 demo is pushed back on a later date then the 360/PC demo during a 'certification' issue.

the ppl replying on the comments are only saying its gonna PROLLY 2morow.

wrong.

it says: Konami heeft bevestigd dat er een demo van PES 2008 zal verschijnen voor de PS3

which litterly means:
Konami stated that tomorrow there will be a demo of pes 2008 on the ps3.

Since the news is from 3 oct tomorrow means today.

UPDATE:

winning eleven next-gen blog says:

As you all know, the PES 2008 demo has been in Sony's hand for quite some time now. Yet there has been no verification as to whether it will be available to download on the PSN tomorrow. We have attempted to find out news from Konami however they are not sure what the status of the demo is at this moment in time.

We will be updating the blog in about 10 hours time once we get some clarification on this highly debated and anticipated arrival. Check back in a few hours people. The PSN updates at 6pm GMT every Thursday. Fingers crossed the demo will go live, we'll let you know as soon as we know!

Last edited:

wrong.

it says: Konami heeft bevestigd dat er een demo van PES 2008 zal verschijnen voor de PS3

which litterly means:

Since the news is from 3 oct tomorrow means today.

UPDATE:

winning eleven next-gen blog says:

As you all know, the PES 2008 demo has been in Sony's hand for quite some time now. Yet there has been no verification as to whether it will be available to download on the PSN tomorrow. We have attempted to find out news from Konami however they are not sure what the status of the demo is at this moment in time.

We will be updating the blog in about 10 hours time once we get some clarification on this highly debated and anticipated arrival. Check back in a few hours people. The PSN updates at 6pm GMT every Thursday. Fingers crossed the demo will go live, we'll let you know as soon as we know!

Then yay.

@hullybul i realy hope ur right m8
but knowing sony...mofo's wil rls it prolly october 25th

which litterly means:

Err wrong, seeing as you are dutch you could atleast translate it properly. In no way does that sentence (the dutch one) state a day, or today, or tommorow. All it states is that there will be a pes2008 demo for the ps3. Pretty much what we all know, it doesnt mention any time when it will be availeble.

Konami heeft bevestigd dat er een demo van PES 2008 zal verschijnen voor de PS3. Wegens een vertraging bij het certificatieproces is de release verschoven. De PS3-demo zal niet veel verschillen van de demo die al eerder verscheen voor de Xbox 360.

Now a literal translation:
Konami Konami heeft has bevestigd confirmed dat that er een a demo demo van of PES 2008 pes2008 zal will be verschijnen released voor for de the PS3 PS3. Wegens Because of een a vertraging delay bij in het the certificatieproces certificationproces is de the release release has been verschoven moved. De PS3-demo zal niet veel verschillen van de demo die al eerder verscheen voor de Xbox 360.

Whether it is released tommorow is another matter. However they say "has been moved", instead of "was moved" which would have made it sound like today is the release day. ATM it just sounds like a, "dont get worried if it doesnt show tommorow, it will be released" comment. Hopefully it is released today for you ps3 owners.

Anyway, does nobody have an anwser for the 250 team question?

Last edited:

:lmao:
i cant help it...
i hava a big lol everytime i look at those GK gloves! Walt Disney stuff right there boys!

They have spent all Licenses' Budget to buy Mickey Mouse Gloves' license from Walt Disney.

Very correct, Tiktiktiktik. That's the translation and nothing more than that. There is no need to make the news bigger than it is. Your translation was like a "the Times" report and Hullibull's one looked like one of "the Sun" :D

They have spent all Licenses' Budget to buy Mickey Mouse Gloves' license from Walt Disney.

We all know that the license issue is due to EA's exclusivity contract with the Premier League and nothing to do with money or lack of trying. But the keeper gloves comment is valid. Let's hope there are lots of different gloves to choose from eh.

I guess there will be no announcement as to the PS3 demo being online today or not, so we just have to wait and hope....

Seen the so called incident again today and Dida should be punished for the crap acting.... the fan puts his hand on his shoulder not his face, you can see it clearly... The fan is a Muppet and should be banned for life at least but man, Dida should hang his head in shame.

We all know that the license issue is due to EA's exclusivity contract with the Premier League and nothing to do with money or lack of trying. But the keeper gloves comment is valid. Let's hope there are lots of different gloves to choose from eh.

Yep mate, I know you know I'm only joking...
Moreover the GK gloves issue came out (page 82) with the very first pictures of PES2008, and still there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom