WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Konami are scared of Next-Gen I reckon. They just DON'T KNOW what to do with the technology. I bet Seabass misses the good ol' PlayStation One days already . . .

The Heavenly Sword devs say that there using around 30% of the PS3's power, from the looks of things PES 2008 isn't even using 5%, pathetic!

I mean with that immense PS2 market you can't really blame them , for the next couple of years they are still gonna sell millions of ps2 pes so they were in no hurry to make a decent next game

EA on the other hand had to do something quickly about next gen since fifa on the ps2 was probably one of the worst sport franchise ever produced (still selling millions though).

I mean with that immense PS2 market you can't really blame them , for the next couple of years they are still gonna sell millions of ps2 pes so they were in no hurry to make a decent next game

EA on the other hand had to do something quickly about next gen since fifa on the ps2 was probably one of the worst sport franchise ever produced (still selling millions though).

Good points mate.

I hope this year that the PS2 folk abandon that version for one of the other versions so that Konami might finally realise that its time to move on from the PS2.

I hope this year that the PS2 folk abandon that version for one of the other versions so that Konami might finally realise that its time to move on from the PS2.

They won't though mate. The modding community seem to love editing the game more than actually PLAYING it.

Technically, a game stills in beta version until it becomes GOLD for distribution.
Everyday I hope this crappy running animations and speed issues will disapear in the Final build.

The latest news has messed up my day, I'm off to go kill some dudes in Heavenly Sword!

The Heavenly Sword devs say that there using around 30% of the PS3's power, from the looks of things PES 2008 isn't even using 5%, pathetic!

The average videogamer use around 10% of his brain's power, so we can't complain for this performance.

With PES2008 human brain is going to exploit the 0.5% of the PS3's power. Be happy.

Last edited:

IMO this joking with words talking about temporary versions is laughable at this time, 24 days before the release.

At this point, the version must be final or they won't match the release date. Of course, my opinion.

A very valid point considering the final code to go to press all those DVD-Roms, cases, covers, shrink wrap, send to shops.

IMO this joking with words talking about temporary versions is laughable at this time, 24 days before the release.

At this point, the version must be final or they won't match the release date. Of course, my opinion.

Totally agree it is just getting stupid, ppl claiming early build, beta at this stage.
It just shows you how they cant admit how disappointed with the game they are and are clinging on to any hope.
Remember how Shiite PES on the PS2 was this is PES on the PS3 said it three years ago its OK PES 2010 will be good.

Its also annoying that the ppl claiming this are the ppl supposable in the know or highly respected members.
To many blinkered fans on here now.

I think that happen because a lot of fans have the hope of a great game and then suddenly are confronted with the cold truth. And it is hard to accept it.

So... what can we play? ISS98? FIfa 98 with Song 2 from Blur? :lmao:

Honestly you could put a blank cd in with the konami logo and people would say "wow what a blank cd, best blank cd ever....."

The code should be final by now and going to press, but that doesnt mean the versions that people are playing/testing is final.

Companies aren't that good at getting the latest versions out, so versions sent out for demo will usually be the previous build or previous submission with a few fixes to come (usually Sony standards niggles, like incorrect button to go back in some deep menu)

Did everyone miss the bit when they said the 360 version was slower than the demo, and the PS3 version slower again. I seem to remember the speed being the main issue for those that have played the demo???? Or is it now the limited amount of boots?? LOL

And here come the stupid comments again. So there is a less editing function wooopy, but consider that the 360 never had a edit option, for 360 users thats an improvement, then theres the PS3 users first PES for that, thats an improvement in itself. Its the gameplay that people were worried about, and apparently its slower, which is what most complained about.

Also charlie, that is hardly true, the amount of people that complain about the box art and cd cover for pes is enough, so thats a lie, plus most dont even care about the cd as its always in their console :P

So many sad attempts by the same people :(

Im slightly concerned about edit mode though, is the edit mode similar t PES6 on PS2? e.g te 4 selectable parts etc, and how many logos and shite can you have, what different fonts and numbers?

Basically will I be able to make a banging Saints kit and also Arsenal etc? Are the new templates in? Better colours?

What was the player editing options like?

So, all the rumours turned out to be false. The beautiful in game motions, the improved Master League, the DEEP edit mode....

Edit mode on the next gen has been drastically reduced as expected

How is this expected? Wasn't it supposed to be the deepest edit mode we have seen?

Glad to hear it's slowed down, but I am expecting some next-gen innovations from Konami, and it doesn't seem we are getting any!

Why Konami, why :(

aukx6.jpg

LOL :lmao:

This reminds me of one of those Italian chefs with a thin mustache, presenting a food dish :lol:

Honestly you could put a blank cd in with the konami logo and people would say "wow what a blank cd, best blank cd ever....."

^ THIS is now going to be my signature! Pefectly summed up!

can we import our faces at least????? and edit the teams shirts??

Seriously, what did you expect?

Konami have done nothing significant to improve the game for the last 3 years, why would they do something different this time?

Thanks a lot, Seabastard.

So, all the rumours turned out to be false. The beautiful in game motions, the improved Master League, the DEEP edit mode....

How is this expected? Wasn't it supposed to be the deepest edit mode we have seen?

Glad to hear it's slowed down, but I am expecting some next-gen innovations from Konami, and it doesn't seem we are getting any!

Why Konami, why :(

I suspect they ran out of time and have been in a rush to get a working game together in time for their annual release date, so off-pitch features have taken a back seat whilst they try to ensure the on-pitch action at least works and has minimal bugs.

Of course, the other equally likely possibility is that they're delivering a package that's as basic as they think they can get away with, thus in future years, they can add extra little scraps with hyperbolic claims such as:

"PES2009, now features 20 stadia and 20 boots!! We are so great!!"

and all the sycophantic magazine reviews will read:

"Amazing!! 20 stadia!! How do they do it!! Genius!! And the best news of all, the famous PES gameplay hasn't changed at all!! Fantastic!! 11 out of 10!!"

I have fallen out of love with the unresponsive and frustarting FIFA only to find that the next gen version is now PES 6.7 after PES 5.4.

Why the fuck they cant actually just produce a game that has all the features of the PS2 version, I will never know.

Looks like a football-less gaming year this time around.The edit mode has always been a biggy for me, if its reduced then why bother.

Did fifa get this shite when it was announced it had less features than the current gen version? Pfft.

Sad times this is... :D

Maybe they spent most of their time adding those 4 teams to the Master League. How the hell did Konami do that! What an amazing technical achievment :shock: :applause:

People, THIS IS NEXT GEN!!

Well to all the negative reaction of you all losers, i am glad that ad took the time to inform us about his expierence in Birmingham and i am very happy to hear the game playes so well and realistic. Also happy to hear that the ps3 is slower then 360 and has less colour so its less cartonisch.
Thx Ad for the info!

Im very happy also my only worry is that there are only 12 shirt patterns in the game, i mean WTF?

Hope adam can shed light on this when he returns.

Well to all the negative reaction of you all losers
LOL. Yeah. He can say the game is great all he wants but people on here tell me the demo is great (with 300mph cross-field passes and beating "top-player" every game). I don't think it's great, and I doubt I'll think the final version is either. I'll wait until that time, thanks, and I'd like you to wait until that time before calling us losers as well. Not that you will. You moan about people moaning and then you take every available opportunity to call people losers. Ironic?

Last edited:

I thought it was official the edit mode was more in-depth? Did i mis-read something? I really hope the shirt and boots are the only things that are affected. Why do Konami want to stand still in terms of development on things like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom