WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Are the nets the same in every stadium, If so i'll be very dissapointed.
I remember when that scandinavian site leaked images there were red stripes in the nets, But I think the game really needs good old fashioned square nets.

I don't remember seeing nets like these anywhere in the real world.

I think the textures look better and they're more detailed overall
and it's just 480p and the 480p look blurred on PS3
PS: shit no Nasri picture

Last edited:

anyone ever saw this celebration in the demo?
i scored so many goals,but never seen it.....in the PES2008 vid u alsow see c.ronaldo do it.....but i never seen him do it in the demo.....prolly cuz its a demo :o
0485.jpg

the nets are my biggest dissapointment....they style is terrible. no stadium in the world has them...worse than pes6 on 360. Apart from that im pretty happy.

will trade in my copy of fifa 08 for pro on the 26th.

the nets are my biggest dissapointment....they style is terrible. no stadium in the world has them...worse than pes6 on 360. Apart from that im pretty happy.

will trade in my copy of fifa 08 for pro on the 26th.

Crappy running animations?
That's my biggest disapointment !!
With a good running animation the game probably looks amazing

The PC picture looks sort of like it's "supposed to", whilst the PS3 pic below has some smeary blurry aspects. Also the colours look a bit more "unrealistic" or "neon" or such on the PS3 one.

That's supposed to be an Arsenal kit?

arsenal5.jpg

:lol: :applause: Well done Konami. Is it really that difficult to make a generic kit with white sleeves and plain red?

Pathetic.

anyone ever saw this celebration in the demo?
i scored so many goals,but never seen it.....in the PES2008 vid u alsow see c.ronaldo do it.....but i never seen him do it in the demo.....prolly cuz its a demo :o

I've seen it 3 or 4 times in about 20 matches; Ronaldo, Cristiano Ronaldo, Crespo have all done it.

:lol: :applause: Well done Konami. Is it really that difficult to make a generic kit with white sleeves and plain red?

Pathetic.

Why is that pathetic? It's purely an attempt to make sure that Arsenals lawyers and/or EA's lawyers don't have a leg to stand on. It can easily be changed using Edit Mode so the original kit in the picture is nigh on irrelevant.

its a DEMO guys.....most os those errors wont come on the final version.

Why is that pathetic? It's purely an attempt to make sure that Arsenals lawyers and/or EA's lawyers don't have a leg to stand on. It can easily be changed using Edit Mode so the original kit in the picture is nigh on irrelevant.

:applause:

Exactly, thank God edit mode is back in! It should be fun going through and trying to make kits look a bit more authentic. I suck at making badges and shirt sponsers though :(

:applause:

Exactly, thank God edit mode is back in! It should be fun going through and trying to make kits look a bit more authentic. I suck at making badges and shirt sponsers though :(

I really don't want to spend 2-3 hours every day of my life playing with a rubbish art package trying to make football kits look "realistic". This is supposed to be the "next generation" of gaming. I want to PLAY football, not paint it.

Fifa boys are taking over...

You guys really dont have to point the bugs or flaws every page. We know about the ice skating and bad collision detection. Still its a great game and it thankfully doesnt affect the gameplay to much so get over it.

I really don't want to spend 2-3 hours every day of my life playing with a rubbish art package trying to make football kits look "realistic". This is supposed to be the "next generation" of gaming. I want to PLAY football, not paint it.

For me Edit Mode is very enjoyable but that's a personal preference. There is something very satisfying in putting the right boots on the right players and sorting out the unlicensed kits. But if you want mutton dressed up at lamb you could always play the utter bollocks that is FIFA08.

Fifa boys are taking over...

You guys really dont have to point the bugs or flaws every page. We know about the ice skating and bad collision detection. Still its a great game and it thankfully doesnt affect the gameplay to much so get over it.

I won't diss PES2008 until I have played the full game. I really HOPE the gameplay will be sorted and the players don't run at 100 mph but I just can't see it being that improved from a demo. Also, why describe us as FIFA BOYS? I have played PES since the first installment on the PS One. Does that make me a FIFA PES BOY? Don't label people.

:)

About using the force, I think most of the pes haters here, are dissapointed because the force has actually made itself into Fifa the full game, and infact still got silver surfer physics now thats bad! But why dont you talk about how great that is?

A shot today on fifa went over, hit the back of the net at the top fell THROUGH the net, and was in the goal, like someone scored, i thought they scored, but they didnt have a goal, a replay confirmed the ball can pass through NETS aswell as PEOPLE amazing, silver surfer is jealous!

Anyway the faces look good and quit complaining about the generic kits, they are never good, so why moan now, you know what to expect, we got edit mode, edit it to the real thing 8-)

This is looking quite good :) Online features been mentioned at all? And no fantasia mode for the PS2? And whats that mysterious mode for the PS3 any info on that?

It's rude to stare (and smile dreamingly). :lol:

I love the way the Porto player is leaning on his head as well. "Gizza leg up mate!"

:lmao::lmao::lmao: New worldwide high jump record!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

From IGN, seems will be PS3 price cut in november:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/824/824223p1.html

PS3 Price Cut Imminent?
Rumors suggest $400 console in November.
by Gerry Block

October 1, 2007 - Rumor of an upcoming PlayStation 3 price cut has been on the internet's collective lips in a big way today following the reveal of an FCC filing of a new model number of the system. While the filing did not make public specific differences between the new model and existing units (these pages will remain secret until 45-days after the filing), from the specs that were listed it would appear that the new PS3 model will feature the same CPU, Bluetooth, and WiFi capabilities as previous models. All of this suggests Sony will launch a new lower-end unit in time for the holiday buying season.

Inside sources suggest the price-cut PS3 will hit the competitive $399 price point and will include a 40-GB HDD. What's publically known is the fact that Sony has scheduled a "Big Bang" press conference for October 12th, which is now presumed to be the date the new $399 console will be announced. While nothing has been made official, general speculation suggests November 16 may be the day the new console will be made available for purchase. Stay tuned to see if the rumors turn out to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom