WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

@ Winston

Way too much time on your hands....SERIOUSLY!!!!

;)

Jack Bauer is German?

lol, I did not know you like CS, did you Jack? :lmao:

The interview is a real joke. It is very sad to read "PES is almost perfect". Even if it is (which is not) a bit of humility is more than recommended, specially since PES have a lot of critics over the years.

in relation with the capabilities of the ps2, pes 6 is almost perfect

Well the new modes in the ps2 game are surely fun to fiddle with. Nothing wrong with that.

@ Winston

Way too much time on your hands....SERIOUSLY!!!!

;)

Nooooo, don't dampen his spirit for enlightening us all. :(

Seriously, keep it up Winston mate. I feel I can argue about gameplay etc, but I've no idea or knowledge about league structures etc, all I care about is the physics and control on the pitch. ;)

Last edited:

PC pics looks realy f00ked up
tottenham7.jpg

The interview is a real joke. It is very sad to read "PES is almost perfect". Even if it is (which is not) a bit of humility is more than recommended, specially since PES have a lot of critics over the years.
What's really weird is shortly before I moved house (late 2003), I distinctly remember reading a big magazine interview where one question was "do you feel that the game is perfect" (after a reviewer said it was :roll:), and his response was "no, we are nowhere near what we want to achieve with PES, and until that time it will be nowhere near perfect".

So you're telling me that four years later he's done everything he's wanted to do with the game? :| I'm hoping it's just a bad translation or something...

No, the game will never be perfect. As soon as the game gets all out of the system, a new console appears and they can start over again.

Sure, no game is perfect. The advantage of don't be perfect is that it can be better.

By the way, what a match by the Spurs!!

So you're telling me that four years later he's done everything he's wanted to do with the game? :| I'm hoping it's just a bad translation or something...

The way he talks about finally managing to get a 20 team league makes it sounds like he thinks he's finally perfected the ML and can't think of anything else that can possibly be done to improve upon it.

Trance_Allstar said:
Seriously, keep it up Winston mate. I feel I can argue about gameplay etc, but I've no idea or knowledge about league structures etc, all I care about is the physics and control on the pitch.

I have my moments where I can be bothered to type up some arguments as to how to improve the game but the frustration is knowing fine well that Konami are not listening. It has been staring us in the face for the past 6 years that simply upgrading the structure of the ML to represent real footballing league and cup structures is the single most important thing that would transform that aspect of the game, yet year after year, it barely changes.

I've read many of you detailed posts suggestings ways to improve the control system (the crux of which is to use analogue direction and power for everything) and you know that I fully concur. But alas, is there even the slightest sign that the game is heading in that direction?

Like you've said before, our best chance of having such a game is to write it ourselves.

The way he talks about finally managing to get a 20 team league makes it sounds like he thinks he's finally perfected the ML and can't think of anything else that can possibly be done to improve upon it.

I have my moments where I can be bothered to type up some arguments as to how to improve the game but the frustration is knowing fine well that Konami are not listening. It has been staring us in the face for the past 6 years that simply upgrading the structure of the ML to represent real footballing league and cup structures is the single most important thing that would transform that aspect of the game, yet year after year, it barely changes.

I've read many of you detailed posts suggestings ways to improve the control system (the crux of which is to use analogue direction and power for everything) and you know that I fully concur. But alas, is there even the slightest sign that the game is heading in that direction?

Like you've said before, our best chance of having such a game is to write it ourselves.

Yeah I know you concur. ;)

In the past I've been able to somewhat deceive myself into thinking "next time", but I'm starting to feel despair more than hope at this point. Yeah, it's just a game, but it's the only thing I play, and I love playing football games, but if this continues, I won't have any game to enjoy.

Where are those ISS'98 guys?

Konami's version of Gareth Bale.

:lmao:

Those Spurs pics are messed up, they'll definately get changed on day 1.

Last edited:

:lol:

IGN said:
IGN: Will there be new teams and leagues in the game?

Seabass: We have increased the number of teams this year, yes, and it's not at the expense of other features either, which we're happy about. There are plenty of new licensed club teams such as Tottenham Hotspur (\\:o/), RSC Anderlecht and Spartak Moscow, as well as official national teams like Brazil, Scotland and Portugal. In total there are now more than 250 teams.

Seabass where are these 250 teams you speak of?!

What's really weird is shortly before I moved house (late 2003), I distinctly remember reading a big magazine interview where one question was "do you feel that the game is perfect" (after a reviewer said it was :roll:), and his response was "no, we are nowhere near what we want to achieve with PES, and until that time it will be nowhere near perfect".

I doubt it. The confirmation comes when you see the game tweaked on the last years. That means he thinks the game is perfect and needs just little touches... yawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom