WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Lads, im now thoruoghly pissed of with fifa, its so unresposive.

Was going to wait till 26th to trade it in, think i will get skate next week instead.

Roll on PES2008.

Did the WENB people got their copies???

I agree with the one saying that a multiplayer masterleague would be a lot of fun.

The gameplay, graphics, and animations all look first class. Can't wait for the world's best football game, PES 2008, on the worlds best console, Playstation 3. 25 days to go.

Best animations? Have you seen the running animations? :P

Not only is all AI assisted, also it's still there the randoms gkeeper goalkick. I've heard this lack of control had been solved on PES 2007 CC, but it's still there on PES2008.
Also, I feel less control in GK hand throws too.

Yeah, the goalkeeper kicks are also terrible. Either you kick it straight upfield, or you can choose if you want to give your opponents a throw in to the left or to the right side. ;)
It is absolutely horrible. Though the fact that I have gotten "used" to it to the point where I don't remember it as a flaw until someone reminds me is even worse.

Best animations? Have you seen the running animations? :P

I have, and I agree that some of them are terrible. It looks like they are sort of limping along, not really taking the full stride. They look injured, and they also look like they could run 30% faster if they would just run properly.

Ha Ha Best console? PS3? I have to laugh at that. Best graphics? Again you obviously like Cartoon strips with Photos stuck on the faces of the characters :)

FIFA is a bit unreponsive and its frustrating but ive asked the advice of guys in the FIFA 08 thread and will try their suggestions later.

Well i hope they fixed at least one the following:

bad throws in, bad penalty, bad goly kicks. I think i would go for the bad penalties, they are so crucial in a game, power bar and more sensitive direction choice would be appreciated. I can live with the limited free throws and goly kicks.

To be honnest I didn't feel the evolution when playing the demo.
I just want a good football game this year.
that's why I'm gonna buy both, because any of these two games is perfect.
But in term of fun (even if I prefer a good simulation) I think PES2008 will keep me playing for a longer time than FIFA this year.
FIFA has always the same problem every year : after few weeks, it's like playing the same games.

Lot of my friends when they play PES don't care about stats and then say "Shit why I didn't score my 1on1 play" I answer...
...your player is a quadriplegic horse.

To be honnest I didn't feel the evolution when playing the demo.
I just want a good football game this year.
that's why I'm gonna buy both, because any of these two games is perfect.
But in term of fun (even if I prefer a good simulation) I think PES2008 will keep me playing for a longer time than FIFA this year.
FIFA has always the same problem every year : after few weeks, it's like playing the same games.
Ive been playing FIFA 08 Next Gen to death and to me it doesnt feel Same Old FIFA to me....

...your player is a quadriplegic horse.

lol but you know SXFuzz, lot of players play this game like robots !
Always performing the same plays.

Ive been playing FIFA 08 Next Gen to death and to me it doesnt feel Same Old FIFA to me....

Sorry for my bad english mate. I was talking about the same "matchs".
FIFA08 is faaaaar better than any previous FIFA games :)

But PES5 is still my fav of the games. Players feel just right, never really do anything that real humans couldn't. Most of the time when they turn 90 degrees with the ball they do that slow animation where they move the ball to the side and then take a few steps to slow down and absorb the speed they had, before moving on.

I'd rather the players take longer time to do something, than doing it faster than is actually possible.
/

But FIFA does what you want. Yet people complain its unresponsive... OMG.
if its way to fast and unrealistic like PES is bad.. but is responsive, feels god..
If its slow and realistic its bad cause feels unresponsive... lolol

People need to figure out what they want.
Fifa doesnt have unresponsive controls, they respond exactly like in PES, the diference is that the player takes a while to turn, etc. Thats not unresponsivness, thats reallity.

I hated every single fifa game til 08.
And i loved every single PES game till PES5 and PES6 a bit.
But if the full game cames out with the speed of the demo, i think its turning point this year...

does any of u lot remember in a scan a while back its sayin something about the ronaldo heel flick and also about the anderson flick flack thing lol we no that the ronaldo flick was true but wat about the anderson flick flack

anderso flick flack =http://youtube.com/watch?v=r5KQVRe9VN0

Seabass: 'Making PES 2008 was Really Tough'

[IGN: How has the Master League been expanded for the next generation versions?

Seabass: I finally accomplished one of the things I wanted to do for a long time, which was increase the number of teams in the league from 16 to 20. Now they look and work as authentically as real football leagues. It's not a huge point but it has always been something I wanted to do.

We have also upgraded the glitter side of the Master League, by adding weekly reports, displaying the replays and highlights of the match in the main menu… We really wanted to build something that would make users feel more involved with the players and the club teams they create and manage. We have also added a 'popularity' rating for each club, which affects negotiations when transferring players.

IGN: Is there one element of PES 2008 you are most proud of?

Seabass: I am most proud that we created something that surpasses PES6. In terms of AI and the way the game plays, I think this creates a new game to the PES of old. The traditional PES graphics have improved too and I'm proud we have accomplished both - the graphics and the gameplay - at the same time. You will have a great time with your friends, I guarantee that

Seasalt lives in cloud Cuckoo land... 'He's wanted to increase the ML to a 20 team league for a long time'...what the hell were his 'Staffs' doing?

"oh no cappen yer cannna be serious she'll never take another two teams, she's at maximum now, she's gonna blow"
in best Scottie accent...

"They now look and work like authentic leagues"... where, in what parallel universe? And you're damn fekkin right it's not a huge point....

"The Glitter side of the ML"... By glitter he means instead of any kind of depth or realism, lets put in fluff and nonsense, with a dash of everybody's favorite...Crap cutscenes...

I don't care how good the on field play is.. as long as it's not Warp Factor nine speed, It's really going to bite having all but the same game again...

Can't help thinking Konami and Seaspray should wear masks... I'm getting mugged again!:(

Watch out Sempty and Nick, this is the P-raise E-verytime S-eabass thread......

anyway my fav part of the interview is when asked about new leagues and he mentioned the spurs being licensed. Well not quite enough Shingo.....

Last edited:

Seasalt lives in cloud Cuckoo land... 'He's wanted to increase the ML to a 20 team league for a long time'...what the hell were his 'Staffs' doing?

"oh no cappen yer cannna be serious she'll never take another two teams, she's at maximum now, she's gonna blow"
in best Scottie accent...

"They now look and work like authentic leagues"... where, in what parallel universe? And you're damn fekkin right it's not a huge point....

"The Glitter side of the ML"... By glitter he means instead of any kind of depth or realism, lets put in fluff and nonsense, with a dash of everybody's favorite...Crap cutscenes...

I don't care how good the on field play is.. as long as it's not Warp Factor nine speed, It's really going to bite having all but the same game again...

Can't help thinking Konami and Seaspray should wear masks... I'm getting mugged again!:(

:lol:

Looks like Seabass has finally screwed the pooch.

At least we are not getting the "early build" theory anymore. Early build has been officially substituted by the magic teamvision......

does any of u lot remember in a scan a while back its sayin something about the ronaldo heel flick and also about the anderson flick flack thing lol we no that the ronaldo flick was true but wat about the anderson flick flack

anderso flick flack =http://youtube.com/watch?v=r5KQVRe9VN0

Wish it was in PES2008:(
seems this move is in fifa08,so thats the only reason maybe i want to play fifa08.(and i mean realy,preform the move then after 30 sec. reboot and play PES again:) )
and for the rest of the haters bitching about the ING interview with Seabass...just STFU and go play ISS

He has wanted to increase a database from 16 to 20 for a long time.
4 years is a long time you did well Seabass.

Wish it was in PES2008:(
seems this move is in fifa08,so thats the only reason maybe i want to play fifa08.(and i mean realy,preform the move then after 30 sec. reboot and play PES again:) )
and for the rest of the haters bitching about the ING interview with Seabass...just STFU and go play ISS

2nd language aside, but get a grip mate... If you have a problem with people commenting negatively about a console game on a 'Forum' for a console game, maybe you should ask permission before logging on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom