WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

I used to be a PES fan BUT THEY (Konami) disappointed me. i was looking for more realism this next gen and sadly PES didn't provide it instead they took what was FUN in PES and exploited it like they would have a dance dance rhythm game.

They gave users what editors were doing, the faces the boots and pitches but left out the adboards,and new game engine.
Couldnt agree more with you Bumperman. Its very disappointing from the Demo I have played, it plays a bit like a PS1 football game, Feels cheap and not worth £40 odd quid as im sure it will be when it comes out.

NickSCFC said:
Bumperman will you fuck off you're sounding like a broken record!
Who do you think you are? Too big for your own boots I reckon. Come down a peg or 2 and stop jumping down peoples throats mate. This is a forum to discuss and share opinions, not have a go at people every 5 mins!

Thanks for the pad update. I'll try looking for a PS2 pad converter.

About the PC demo, i'm having stuttering in replays and match opening, but the match itself is fine. Is it the same with everyone?

Madrics Superbox 3 is a very good product for playing with PS2 pads.
you can find it on the web for 10€.
http://madrics.welike2play.com/index.php?selection=showcase&submenu=3&cat=9000&code=90021
I use it since PES4 on PC and it play like on PS2 ;)

Maybe i am too critical, but even with the demo expander i can't see the beauty of this game. To me it is a pes4 with some weird running animations, some long crosses or passes run like bullets and they are superscripted, the ball goes magnetically to your player. Your defender make lousy position mistakes, u still have to dance for 4 sec before the fullback goes into space etc. And overall is damn easy. I prefer the old graphic design but overall i don't care for graphics too much. Audio is still poor though (and i care a lot for this as it can give an extra feeling to the game). in general i don't like chants patch i find them annoying after some games, i would rather have a good crowd reaction.

Last edited:

I know every one's in the same boat here, but WTF is with the lack of a PS3 demo... are they re-writing the whole thing because of the bad reports on the other formats, or are Sony organising a release event because of the lack of anything else being out for the shiny black dust collector...

Its a strech but maybe it features club teams...Seriously its not good enough and they had better drop a few bombs on thursday to make up for it!

Sony have the demo and didnt put it up last week so this Thursday seems logical, in the podcast Suff said something about Sony wanting big demos each week (last week was Sega Rally). Its not official though but I think thats what will happen.

Sony have the demo and didnt put it up last week so this Thursday seems logical, in the podcast Suff said something about Sony wanting big demos each week (last week was Sega Rally). Its not official though but I think thats what will happen.

Damn Sony... Sega rally was awful too...

I've since deleted it.

OK, thanks.

Hopefuly Shopto.net will still have the price as £29.99 when it is being dispatched.

BTW, liv21, when did contact you to confirm your order for the preordered game?

no probs. I pre-ordered the game two weeks ago and they contacted me this past Saturday to inform me of the price change.

I heard Sony was thinking about selling the demo. The provisional name is "Pro Evo 2008 prologue" or "HD pro evo 2008".

P.S.
PS3 owners don't get mad, just a little joke.......

I was convinced up until now the faces in PES2008 were the best in any football game ever released. Just saw the Liverpool shots (my favourite Premiership team is Liverpool, I'm Liverpool in every PES game)...

pro_evolution_soccer_2008_pes_pc_action_pcaction_de_PCA_007.jpg

...Stunning. :|

Since when does Gerrard wear makeup?

:lmao:

I heard Sony was thinking about selling the demo. The provisional name is "Pro Evo 2008 prologue" or "HD pro evo 2008".

P.S.
PS3 owners don't get mad, just a little joke.......

Don't give them ideas, I'm surprised Konami are not charging for it, they have been charging full whack for update disks for years!

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

In the game it kind like breaks up picture known again because V Sync is not enabled in the main settings.

Are you running latest drivers ? you need to goto

If using XP

* Right click desktop properties then settings

* Then click advanced then you card name for example 7800gtx or yours will be 8800.

* Then click start Nvidia Control panel and goto "Adjust image settings with preview"

* Click use advanced 3D settings and to the right click take me there.

* Then click program settings and click add then add PES 2008.exe from Konami folder in program files

* Then in bottom box you can specify settings you want to change Anistropic Filtering which is the first one there to 16x then Vertical Sync at the bottom to on and your done. :)

I hope you can understand it is complicated as for speed i have no idea seems slow to me when looking at the console game.

People are saying looks way better then 360 version if you crank setting on PC up but now it looks as decent and for me runs fine bit of dip on cut scenes though framerate wise.

PS. Adjust colour aswell as posted before and can make the grass much more green then it is at moment also.

Bingham mate i did all this and things improved a bit but i still have stuttering :(

PES always seems to stutter when ported to the PC.. crappy port I think mate as opposed to a PC Performance issue. PES6 used to stutter a bit on my machine which aint a bad one!

Well that faggish gerrard is still les funny than the cyrano de bergerac shevchenco i have been playing for years......

Still they are diaplying the best faces in sport game history. If they only took care of the skin texture a bit more it would be perfect.

True Charlie some of the other faces look awesome. Good quality photos were obviously used and they have improved the 3D modelling too. Still doesnt make up for Steroid based gameplay though :(

Seabass: 'Making PES 2008 was Really Tough'

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/824/824000p1.html

Pro Evo producer Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka talks about the long, sometimes painful, labour of PES 2008.
by Alex Simmons, IGN UK

UK, October 1, 2007 - Considering he's the brains behind the critically acclaimed Pro Evolution Soccer series, Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka likes to keep a low profile. Indeed, when the PlayStation 3 version debuted at Leipzig in August it was notable not because it was the first time PES was playable on a next-gen Playstation, but because Seabass wasn't there to show off his highly-anticipated baby.

But, despite his knack for steering clear of the limelight IGN was granted an audience with the man that made PES, to talk about what we can expect from the next in the series and what elements of his games make him most proud.

IGN: What are the main additions to PES 2008 over PES6?

Seabass: Obviously, it will be the first next-gen format on the PS3. Since we started on next-gen formats last season we have finally had time to make big changes that are much more noticeable in the game. For example, visually it's clear to see we changed a lot. We also redesigned the menus, plus the models of the players are much more beautiful. Players will notice that right away.

We have also introduced our new Teamvision AI. This is a sophisticated AI programme that learns and adapts according to the player's style of gameplay.

IGN: Can you explain how the Teamvision AI system learns from the way people play?

Seabass: If it's attacking AI, when you get the ball back from the CPU it will remember how you did it. So, the next time the CPU attacks, it will do so differently, maybe passing the ball around faster or changing the timing of dummies. When defending, the Teamvision AI learns how a player prefers to attack and changes its tactics accordingly. For instance, if a player often attacks down the side then the CPU will try to have their defenders take care of the wings.

On top of that, each team has its own strategies, to become more aggressive when attacking or defending depending on the flow of the match. Overall, this AI helps make the flow of the game close to the real football match.

IGN: What new moves will feature in the game and how will players be able to pull them off?

Seabass: We cannot say which but there are plenty of new moves in the game. When we say moves it's not just about a single, certain move either. Instead there are more subtle things, such as the timing of passes, the start of runs… We've tweaked and changed these timings and that affects the way the game plays, so much so it often feels like some of the moves are new.

IGN: How difficult was it creating the next generation of PES while still keeping the famed gameplay and control at its core?

Seabass: It was really, really tough, because we knew that this was going to be the stepping stone for taking our title into the next gen. We realised that past PES games were pretty much close to perfect - we tweaked the games every year and continued to do so for a long time, so it was natural for the game to be good. However, we knew we'd have to start afresh for the next-gen game.

IGN: What new modes will feature in the PS2 game?

Seabass: There are two new things. Firstly, there's World Tour Mode, in which you have to go around the world and battle it out against the club teams. For every match there's a mission you need to accomplish, such as 'come from behind and win after 75 minutes into the game', 'perform a hat trick', 'score from a set piece' and so on. To win you need to fulfill these conditions against all the 50-plus club teams in the game. For core PES players, this new mode will undoubtedly be exciting to play.

The Community Mode is also new. It keeps records of all the games you play against friends, so you can see who scores the most and the percentage of wins you notch up, as well as who's the most consistent scorer and so on. You can also keep track of two-v-two matches, to see which pairing works best.

IGN: Will there be new teams and leagues in the game?

Seabass: We have increased the number of teams this year, yes, and it's not at the expense of other features either, which we're happy about. There are plenty of new licensed club teams such as Tottenham Hotspur, RSC Anderlecht and Spartak Moscow, as well as official national teams like Brazil, Scotland and Portugal. In total there are now more than 250 teams.

IGN: How has the Master League been expanded for the next generation versions?

Seabass: I finally accomplished one of the things I wanted to do for a long time, which was increase the number of teams in the league from 16 to 20. Now they look and work as authentically as real football leagues. It's not a huge point but it has always been something I wanted to do.

We have also upgraded the glitter side of the Master League, by adding weekly reports, displaying the replays and highlights of the match in the main menu… We really wanted to build something that would make users feel more involved with the players and the club teams they create and manage. We have also added a 'popularity' rating for each club, which affects negotiations when transferring players.

IGN: Is there one element of PES 2008 you are most proud of?

Seabass: I am most proud that we created something that surpasses PES6. In terms of AI and the way the game plays, I think this creates a new game to the PES of old. The traditional PES graphics have improved too and I'm proud we have accomplished both - the graphics and the gameplay - at the same time. You will have a great time with your friends, I guarantee that

Last edited:

Main problem is that there seems to be a little tricks: huge quality close ups but in game graphics go down to last year 360. I have the feeling developers are either getting too lazy or too smart or simply it is still the beginning of the nex gen code so we need to give them some time.

But honestly playing a game where the running animations remind me of some cartoons where a thief is chased by a dog is not funny at all.

PS2 version still better than next gen.

Last edited:

Have you watched the Saint Etienne vs Lyon video mate? (ps3)

It is much much slower than these poor quality vids.

I haven't mate, could you find me the link? :)

Have you watched the Saint Etienne vs Lyon video mate? (ps3)

It is much much slower than these poor quality vids.

umm sorry beatts but the lyon st etienne was just as fast... at least for me

Good to know that Community is on the english version for the first time. Wonder why they didnt include the fantasista mode, if its already done... :(

Also, noted that on the PS3 videos the whistle put a millisecond pause in the game.

And about Seabass, next year the phrase will be "We didnt have enought time to get to know the PS3 so this time the game will be better etc etc etc etc". Think we will be seeing more stuff just when the 2nd next gen comes out.

umm sorry beatts but the lyon st etienne was just as fast... at least for me
It certainly was not. I have seen a lot of movies from older builds and this one stood out because of the better pace.

About the Seabass-interview: Why did IGN not ask more essential questions? This was also the case a year ago. Looks like people are afraid af beeing critical to Seabass...

Seabass said:
Seabass: I finally accomplished one of the things I wanted to do for a long time, which was increase the number of teams in the league from 16 to 20. Now they look and work as authentically as real football leagues. It's not a huge point but it has always been something I wanted to do.

We have also upgraded the glitter side of the Master League, by adding weekly reports, displaying the replays and highlights of the match in the main menu… We really wanted to build something that would make users feel more involved with the players and the club teams they create and manage. We have also added a 'popularity' rating for each club, which affects negotiations when transferring players."

Nooo... :( I still had a glimmer of hope for a more in depth campaign mode but doesn't look like it reading this. Love the fact he mentions 'Glimmer side' of things. How about getting the fundamentals right first before you start 'glamouring' up the ML

Well you can't expect him to say "yes we still suck at next gen game, we just put some pretty faces and copy and paste pes6 gameplay just a bit faster, but we got a good idea from EA and we decided to spend all our money on commercials, catchy words like teamvision, pr agents and few blogs and fora....."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom