WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Okay thanks -dragonskin-

I hope Konami can give us an 20 extra league slot (including the 18 for the Bundesliga) to create a full set of second division teams for the ML.

So what is the total amount of club teams will be in the game?

In all fairness I would probably think it was okay, but only if the speed (or the animation, whatever makes it appear so blindingly fast) is fixed, and if it was harder (I can play the demo on the top difficulty and win every game - and I'm one of those guys who play single-player, so it does matter).

the passing is very much just "supposed to' go to the player while the animations just look like they've been brought over from last gen the onkly thing making anything 'look/appear" better animationwise are a few motion captures and then the newer player models...

this is just bullshit. playing with ronaldinho or messi feels superb. what a bullshit

i've only played the demo but i can say without fail that i have noticed the player diff a lot.

i've chased down attackers with some 'btter' midfeilders etc...

I was going to write a load of stuff myself,but this guy said it all for me...

Got FIFA on Friday, have been playing it all weekend, and to be honest I really liked it at first. But then the more I played it,the more I wanted it to play like Pro Evo...

SO now I'm playing the Pro Evo demo, cursing myself that I keep pressing the wrong buttons that I've been using for FIFA!

EA are getting closer and closer, but there's one thing they aint got right yet, and that's how much fun it is to play Pro Evo!

arcade yes I know it is fun :)

FIFA fans:

go to your own forum

Last edited by a moderator:

TVG Review of Fifa 08:

"Another area where the title still falls down is its failure to make one player seem different from the next. Other than basic abilities and attributes such as pace, playing with Ronaldhino still feels irritatingly similar to playing with Mark Viduka. This is something that the FIFA series has continuously fallen down on since its very first game in the early to mid nineties. I guess some things will never change."

This will always be fifa's downfall and the reason why pes will always be better.

this is fucking SPOT on

fun > simulation

and that is what pes does, breaks a little the rules to be more fun.

Do you mean what consoles I own? PS3 and Wii mate. If you mean what version of PES 2008, all of them next week ;)

yep was about consoles!!
lucky you... im pretty curious about the wii version :mrgreen:

I think its great news that ppl are loving and buying Fifa 08.

No shit MasterLeague in PES 2009 surly have probably said this before tho.

FIFAGGOT fans:

go to your own forum

I used to be a PES fan BUT THEY (Konami) disappointed me. i was looking for more realism this next gen and sadly PES didn't provide it instead they took what was FUN in PES and exploited it like they would have a dance dance rhythm game.

They gave users what editors were doing, the faces the boots and pitches but left out the adboards,and new game engine.

LOL Hullybul! Where did you had that 360 tournament? Im also organising offline 360 tournaments.

it's just with friends. We play with 10 people (5 teams 2 vs 2) for almost a long time. Started with ISS 98 deluxe, then few times fifa (i think fifa 2000 till 2003) and then from pes3 till pes 6. Most of us have a 360 (two of us have a ps3, among them: me). I think next tournament, which is planned for the end of the year will be pes 2008 on the ps3. (Btw, i have to say that pes6 360 is crap as it come to framerate. 2 vs 2 a lot of slowdown in the box and with corners.

You organize offline 360 tournaments? Where?

I used to be a PES fan BUT THEY (Konami) disappointed me. i was looking for more realism this next gen and sadly PES didn't provide it instead they took what was FUN in PES and exploited it like they would have a dance dance rhythm game.

They gave users what editors were doing, the faces the boots and pitches but left out the adboards,and new game engine.

But do you really feel the need to ram FIFA down OUR throats, seems if you were content with your new game you would leave us to it.

yup this is the one

i've seen this cover on tv and on game stores promoting the game

8612bkp7.jpg

If they give me a superb footy game packaged into a old newspaper I'd be really happy at all.

I see pesfanboys costantly talking about fifa. Once upon a time they wouldn't even mention it. And they use all the old stereotypes that clearly show they haven't played the new fifa which has some new issues but not the old ones.

Anyway the more i play the pes demo the more i think it is the worst ever. Which is also contrary to the stereotype "the more u play pes the more u like it". The "pick and play and score" attitude that konami put in the last 2 games is not what i am looking for.

I don't understand when paeople say they play FIFA but it does not play like WE/PES so they turn it off. People it is good that FIFA is a diifferent game, like it is good that Football Kingdom is different or any other footy game on the market.

Would you rather have every footy game developer try and simulate PES? How would that be good for gamers? damn if FIFA was like PES you would be on here complaining that it copied PES etc etc.

It is the same for other genre's, I love Final Fantasy but I don't want other RPG's to be exactly the same. What would be the fun in that??

I see pesfanboys costantly talking about fifa. Once upon a time they wouldn't even mention it. And they use all the old stereotypes that clearly show they haven't played the new fifa which has some new issues but not the old ones.

Anyway the more i play the pes demo the more i think it is the worst ever. Which is also contrary to the stereotype "the more u play pes the more u like it". The "pick and play and score" attitude that konami put in the last 2 games is not what i am looking for.

Probably we'll end to play it like every year, as someone said. Remain the fact that it's a poor game (if final confirms the demo) and even though we are going to play and enjoy it (everyone in its own way) it will be the same poor rushed game that we're gonna play because we're dependent upon PES.

Last edited:

it's just with friends. We play with 10 people (5 teams 2 vs 2) for almost a long time. Started with ISS 98 deluxe, then few times fifa (i think fifa 2000 till 2003) and then from pes3 till pes 6. Most of us have a 360 (two of us have a ps3, among them: me). I think next tournament, which is planned for the end of the year will be pes 2008 on the ps3. (Btw, i have to say that pes6 360 is crap as it come to framerate. 2 vs 2 a lot of slowdown in the box and with corners.

You organize offline 360 tournaments? Where?

Check www.pesgroningen.nl :) Mostly around 90 players are joining a tournament. I`m organising in a lot of cities in Holland so don`t be fooled by the site name :).

I think the games fast speed on the 360 is to do with the fact that not all of the data has been complete (full version).

If you've noticed the game is nice fresh and fast but if you update
(january transfers) plus edit the correct kits etc the game speed seems to slow down a bit.

I'm sue konami will tone down the speed for the full version.
Just booked two weeks off work for this game

is it true the other game has no country teams,so they have to buy another game (european cup2008)top be able to simulate euro 2008,and one for championsleague .
three games next year,a shame there wont be one decent game among them.
i only need one game next year pes 2009,and i am sure pes 2008 keeps me busy until then,simulating euro 2008 and championsleague perfectly.

FIFAGGOT fans:

go to your own forum

For once there was a good discussion...there is no need for postings like this one...don't forget that most people who have bought FIFA08 and either like it or not are/were big PES fans...
Besides that, what's wrong with being fan???
Judged by your avatar you are a fan too...

Depesser there are national teams in FIFA08, but not the same amount as usual i think...i think for example that there are only one or two African teams in the game...which is quite a shame...but there definitely are national teams.

i traded in a game on got fifa on the ps3 for a tenner cos i needed a football game so much and i am also quite impressed. it wont touch pro i knnow that for a fact. but its keeping me going the skills are great !

still not keen on the shooting or passing

Alright, i have finally downloaded the PC demo and i have to admit it plays much better than the 360 version. PC demo has a realistic pace to it compared to the fast forward 360 demo. And with the time expander it surely is worth the try. My only letdown is my pc pad, its shit heh. Anyone know a good pad to use? No experience with pc pads here as this is my first time playing a game on my PC :shock:

ps2 pad with converter is excellent
Btw I dont like how the control system is based on the xbox 360 controller...ps2 one was much better

It's true that PES2008 on PC is far better with the patches out.
TimeExpander give a more accurate point of view and I'm starting enjoying it. I play now 15 minutes and the CPU plays very well (it makes some various play and that's nice to see because in PES6 were stereotyped plays).
I've learnt to use all the new tricks and they are "all" very useful (in PES6 just 1 or 2 were truly useful).
The chants made by Tommsen are great, the speed is slower than PES6 (which is good for me), the shots are way better, the tackles less arcadish (in PES6 lot of interceptions with sliding tackles), goal keepers make good saves in 1on1 plays, CPU doesn't cheat with 100% successfull passes.
The REAL negative thing that disappoints me is this ugly running animation with R1 (sprint), ugly movement with their shoulders, don't understand who made this f***ing motion.

In PES6 when I was playing 15min games the scores were very wide (4-0 or 4-2 when the CPU was cheating ;)) but this time (2-1, 1-0 , 1-1, 1-2, 0-2 and one time 3-0...etc).
Just for those who answer "I can win 5-0...it's too easy", I want to tell yes easy but play it like a simulation with various plays and no 80% cutback goals (which are less successful in this one).
Sorry but this year PES2008 will be far better in multiplayer games ! And that's what I'm looking for.
FIFA08 still a great game for carreer modes and full championships.

Thanks for the pad update. I'll try looking for a PS2 pad converter.

About the PC demo, i'm having stuttering in replays and match opening, but the match itself is fine. Is it the same with everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom