WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

The thing that annoys me most about this form of cpu cheat is that PES relies so heavily on them. Of course, the usual argument will come that the cpu cannot out-think a human so it needs to cheat in order to compete but, even if that were true, that does mean it is not crap.

They talk about Teamvision, the all-new, next-gen AI model, yet the game is still full of these cpu cheats. I don't see anything new in that.

Of course, programming the AI is probably the most demanding aspect of the game but their solution is to use more and more cpu cheats and I will not be giving them any praise for such a solution. They make £millions from the game so they can take the criticism too.

if i preorder on shopto when will they charge me when it's sent or right away.... will have money on friday but dont want to miss out on cheap price

Konami making 360 version faster on purpose ...

I was convinced up until now the faces in PES2008 were the best in any football game ever released. Just saw the Liverpool shots (my favourite Premiership team is Liverpool, I'm Liverpool in every PES game)...

pro_evolution_soccer_2008_pes_pc_action_pcaction_de_PCA_007.jpg

...Stunning. :|

Since when does Gerrard wear makeup?

Bollocks. Did you see Puyol in fifa 2008 before he comes on the field? Check that out.

the speed is freaking fast. hot damn. It's like all the players are on steroids. There is no calm in the game.

Really? Tell us... :)

What logical reason is there 4 the PS3 version 2 be slower? Its not like the game is really pushing the hardware.

You know what.. the more I play PES 2008 demo on 360, the more I'm starting to enjoy it. Check out this Ronaldo goal I scored in the last minute against Brazil. Love the way he powers through Gilberto and Daniel Alves and the way he falls over when he shoots. The celebration was great afterwards too as he went over to celebrate with the subs. PES really does a great job of capturing the emotion of a goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t83OISi0J6k

the game looks horribly robotic...

I LOVED PES on ps2 NOT on 360 it's just looks outdated they need to amke an entirely new game engine now...

the speed is freaking fast. hot damn. It's like all the players are on steroids. There is no calm in the game.

Dude... It`s a MOVIE. Do you know what gameplay movies can do without the right compression?.................. And do you really think that the gameplay would be THAT fast?

Just played the demo again after a weekend of FIFA and I loved it.

Cant understand what has changed my mind really.

LMFAO! Are you being sarcastic dude? I must say that Fifa suprised me this year but it will never be my game. It can only be my game IF konami an EA are gonna work together ;)

hey cammyboy, do you bought fifa 08? what's your opinion. buying fifa or pes? I am considering to buy fifa after playing pes since iss pro evo on the ps1.

yes faces look great but face don't make a game great

ALL I see when the game is being played is abunch of upright/uptight players with no soul and completely stiff and uninteractive

I think one thing the game has is soul. The feeling you get after scoring a goal is still there, and has been there since the series began.

Emotional attachment with a game is difficult to encapsulate, something Konami do very well with the PES/WE series.

hey cammyboy, do you bought fifa 08? what's your opinion. buying fifa or pes? I am considering to buy fifa after playing pes since iss pro evo on the ps1.

Yeah fifa is great mate.

Really enjoying it.

But and its a big but.

I have just been playing PES demo and its really grown on me.

I think a lot of people nowaday want new new new new new and don't really stop and enjoy what they have and get easily upset or start getting bored

All the fifa-kids listen. I bought it on PS3 and it's the very very best fifa ever made. BUT, please, it cannot even brush PES' shoes...

Yesterday i had a pes6 360 tournament, and even that game is better then the new fifa. Gameplay is sooooooo different.

I think one thing the game has is soul. The feeling you get after scoring a goal is still there, and has been there since the series began.

Emotional attachment with a game is difficult to encapsulate, something Konami do very well with the PES/WE series.

not anymore for me...

Mate I got that from a lot of guys who I work with. Many of them bought Fifa to keep them occupied until PES hits, and they've been impressed.

But they played PES 2008 on the 360 recently and loved it, after seriously having doubts about it. Personally I thinks its people who have played PES all their life trying to play Fifa 08 in a different way, then going back to their roots by playing PES. There's that instant connection with the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom