WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Wheyyyyyy Badgerman is back, :D

And happy birthday, although this is probably late.

Better late than never.

You know what.. the more I play PES 2008 demo on 360, the more I'm starting to enjoy it. Check out this Ronaldo goal I scored in the last minute against Brazil. Love the way he powers through Gilberto and Daniel Alves and the way he falls over when he shoots. The celebration was great afterwards too as he went over to celebrate with the subs. PES really does a great job of capturing the emotion of a goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t83OISi0J6k

I need to force it to work on High Details (restart computer before I play :)).

BTW, love your old Balls the_thing if those were yours (only 256 but they look so nice, I have a big folder with most of them, nice work). :)

I need to force it to work on High Details (restart computer before I play :)).

BTW, love your old Balls the_thing if those were yours (only 256 but they look so nice, I have a big folder with most of them, nice work). :)
haha thx, nice to see someone remembering what i did before.

i only have mine on medium quality and still it has some slowdown during really crowded times. :(

nice fk, but he doesn't hit the ball :(

the foots sliding and this is killing me, the lack of polish in the demo is everywere, lets hope that is because its a demo :)

with one more development year, pes 2009 will be awesome

every year the same story !!

before release:
the game is do not improve well ... the graphic not like i want ... the gameplay is the same .. bla bla bla (people say that)

after release (4 days or a week):
the best game in the world ... no one can beat this game ... did you see the move of (player) ... the graphic is great .., the gameplay is superb. (people say that)

this year the story will repeat ^_^

note: sorry for my bad english

actually the more i play the more i am amazed of how real some of the animations are

any one know how to do quick play or whatever its called after a foul i see the computer doing it and thats the way konami should make freethrows and corner kicks no fadescreens or anything that would look so real

the demo is shit lads get over it, surely konami won't release that pile of crap for retail

Yeah, I figured something to that effect.

In PES5 it was a very valid solution. You could be in the penalty area and chip it into the far corner.

PES6 and PES2008 have far different behaviors though, which make it useless for this purpose.

Not looking for a fight or anything hehe, just was afraid I somehow had missed something obvious. ;)

Fight? heheh, I'm far from that :mrgreen: Was just answering your questions ;) Well If what you're saying is true then i don't understand what Konami are doing. Keep in the good things and change the bad things, that's what should be done.

the demo is shit lads get over it, surely konami won't release that pile of crap for retail

Obviously. Players of a later build said its better.

HAVE FAITH

Last edited by a moderator:

before release:
the game is do not improve well ... the graphic not like i want ... the gameplay is the same .. bla bla bla (people say that)

the best game in the world ... no one can beat this game ... did you see the move of (player) ... the graphic is great .., the gameplay is superb. (people say that)

:applause:

Originally Posted by uae_sniper

before release:

NICE Summary of the truth

before release:

Aint that the truth:)

Am i right that all those playscope pics aren't in HD - don't have the extra shine the videos seem to have?

damn, I knew I never shouldnt pick that nickname on a forum. Anyway its an old name dont bother.

You know whats funny, fifa fanboys that keep saying "ow I LOVED pes, I bought every single game" but now pes is shit and fifa is way realistic.

Now tell me, did both games change THAT much since the last version?

Who moderates this forum anyway..

You're true. Not both games changed that much since the last version, only FIFA did.
Last year i was all in favour os PES6, even in the 360. I just couldnt play FIFA, i prefered the PES gameplay as always even with the shitty graphics and lack of everything else that FIFA has.
But this year FIFA is way way better, and people who say otherwise is because they tried it for 2 minutes and their minds are not ready for giving it a real try. I couldnt care less which game is better, both EA and Konami are multimillionares, i dont have to stay loyal or whatever to some Seabass fella or anything, i dont give a sh!t about all that thing you call fanboy. I love PES gameplay and i hated FIFA till 08, but FIFA is much better and i can´t believe how crazy fast PES is.
I'm playing FIFA and i keep going back to play the PES2008demo to see if my feeling has changed, but i just cant play it. I cant make a long pass without feeling i'm playing super hero arcade fast soccer on the arcade machines. And the short passes, the ball is glued to the ground as in PES6, It wasnt like that till PES5, the ball was perfect, why did they do that?

Bad things about fifa:
Not that much difference between amateur and legendary, which is bullsh!t.

To damn hard to score (may be real, but takes the fun out of it. They could make it easier to score at least in the amateur difficulty).

Responsivness is not as in PES (although that is not much of a bad thing in FIFA, but more of an aspect of a simulation. People are used to PES responsivness and thats why they play FIFA and hate it cause the players respond much slower. I think they respond just like a human being playing soccer).

It doesnt feel like PES yet. Despiste everything i said, there's something missing from fifa that i get in PES.
(At least till PES5 and maybe 6).

Bad things about PES:

Everything after PES5, especially the ball glued to the groung in almost all short passes and the crazy velocity of the game in PES2008, especcially long passes.

Last edited:

Can anyone tell me if there are going to be different types of nets because i hate the nets in the demo butthey move nice.

got FIFA on thursday - at first, thought it was great. Was assuming that after a few hours i'd be able to play the way i wanted, as we do when starting with a news PES. But 30+ hours later, i can't help think it's actually quite a one-trick pony. Every teams plays the same, players only differ in height and speed with no personality - played liv-barc and ronalidinho was like roy keane on speed with his tackling and harrying! And every team defends like a rubber band around them - no defender ever drops position.

Whisper it but i've got some sympathy now with konami - if they built a new engine, they could lose the viscerality, the intensity that the current pes engine has and that FIFa is desperate to acquire. The worst thing about FIFA is that at times it "looks" exactly like football, but rarely "feels" like it and justr isn;t that much fun. I've got respect and admiration for the FIFA attempt this year, but i'm starting to wonder whether the game will ever truly find it's soul.

Waiting for pes 2008 i suppose - hoping that those who say extended play leads to joy and wonderment are speaking the educated truth. As i see it, the simple fact is this: if pes added even just 16 direction movement and a bit of manual passing, it would soar far beyond FIFA again (not a pes fanboy, really wanted FIFA to kick pes's arse this year to liven up seabass and just cos want a good football game, no matter who's it is).

FIFA feels like a supermodel - when you see in paper you want them, but in close, their pretty empty. You marry pes. You want it's kids. It feels right......

Can anyone tell me if there are going to be different types of nets because i hate the nets in the demo butthey move nice.

I haven't heard anything about actual ingame net editing. There have been net patches for PES6 but a lot of them were just colour changes

will patches and option files be able to edit the pitches for the ps3? or is just something that can be doen on the pc?

Is it possible to download patches to PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom