WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Is it possible to download patches to PS3?

Read in psm3 i think that it can be done via usb - they were mentioning it in a nudge nudge wink wink sort of way.......

ANYONE -

Re the pitch patterns for each stadium - are they chosen before each game or changed in edit? do they have wide horizontal lines - i.e. like most stadiums in europe have - hate the grid-like patterns konami normally go for!

Gurjisfit, I think they were talking bout Option Files in OPM, don't think they referred to patching, could be wrong though.

Read in psm3 i think that it can be done via usb - they were mentioning it in a nudge nudge wink wink sort of way.......

ANYONE -

Re the pitch patterns for each stadium - are they chosen before each game or changed in edit? do they have wide horizontal lines - i.e. like most stadiums in europe have - hate the grid-like patterns konami normally go for!

We could guess but I don't think any of us know. :D

We could guess but I don't think any of us know. :D

I am also curious is a lod mixer would be able to fix the 3d grass being fades out so quickly.

And I wonder how the 3D grass layer is made up. Perhaps that could be edited to be even more realistic in terms of grassyness.

anyone on line for a pes6 game with small teams?

i know wrong thread but i feel lazy to search the right one.

Thought I'd make an avatar for you guys so you don't feel left out from the FIFA lads :D

Download PSD - Megaupload or Rapidshare

pesavatarua8.png
fremmavatarbm6.png

Last edited:

I was convinced up until now the faces in PES2008 were the best in any football game ever released. Just saw the Liverpool shots (my favourite Premiership team is Liverpool, I'm Liverpool in every PES game)...

pro_evolution_soccer_2008_pes_pc_action_pcaction_de_PCA_007.jpg

...Stunning. :|

Since when does Gerrard wear makeup?

He looks like Pat Butcher and Phil Mitchell's lovechild.. with a lazy eye

Well, he does look a hell of a lot better then on FIFA and you can still edit Stevie G a bit...

Gerrards face just made me cringe, which ironically Gerrard does a lot haha :D

pro_evolution_soccer_2008_pes_pc_action_pcaction_de_PCA_008.jpg

Pennant's ears HAHA

Carraghers face is really good this year

I've seen a much better pic of Stevie G on that french site.

You know what.. the more I play PES 2008 demo on 360, the more I'm starting to enjoy it. Check out this Ronaldo goal I scored in the last minute against Brazil. Love the way he powers through Gilberto and Daniel Alves and the way he falls over when he shoots. The celebration was great afterwards too as he went over to celebrate with the subs. PES really does a great job of capturing the emotion of a goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t83OISi0J6k

Great goal mate.

Like you I appreciate the first touch and strength shown by a class player, and how its well represented in the game. Wouldve loved to see the celebrations, I still go back and watch Ronaldinho's celebrations now and again. Love the way Konami get stuff like that spot on.

Overall its great to see people getting a positive feeling after playing the demo for a decent amount of time. Im not going to lie and say its a decent demo because it really isnt, but the soul of PES is certainly there.

0151.jpg

NO MORE CRAPPY RBK BALL IN SNOW GAMES!!!

Where are the weather pics by the way?

You know what.. the more I play PES 2008 demo on 360, the more I'm starting to enjoy it. Check out this Ronaldo goal I scored in the last minute against Brazil. Love the way he powers through Gilberto and Daniel Alves and the way he falls over when he shoots. The celebration was great afterwards too as he went over to celebrate with the subs. PES really does a great job of capturing the emotion of a goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t83OISi0J6k

hmmm, the defender that goes sprinting at 100mph across the front of Ronaldo, then stops, changes direction and is up to full speed in less than 1/4 second looks utterly laughable.

Presumably our players have these same physics-defying abilities? No? Same old shite.

thank god those liverpool shots are for pc! i've seen gerrard on the ps3 version and he looks much better.

every year the same story !!

before release:
the game is do not improve well ... the graphic not like i want ... the gameplay is the same .. bla bla bla (people say that)

after release (4 days or a week):
the best game in the world ... no one can beat this game ... did you see the move of (player) ... the graphic is great .., the gameplay is superb. (people say that)

this year the story will repeat ^_^

note: sorry for my bad english

So true.

hmmm, the defender that goes sprinting at 100mph across the front of Ronaldo, then stops, changes direction and is up to full speed in less than 1/4 second looks utterly laughable.

Presumably our players have these same physics-defying abilities? No? Same old shite.

You are absolutely right mate. I didn't look at the video that carefully the first time.

Things like those really need to be sorted out. The game might not be "too fast" overall, but certain transitions (full speed -> stop ->direction change) are absolutely laughable as you can tell. It blows my mind that that is a SLOW-MO video, that guys stops faster than a real person ever could in normal speed (Even at slow speeds you need quite alot of time to absorb the speedby bracing yourself with your legs, yet this guy apparantly just decided to not bother with such worldly troubles).

For me it is hard to see the good things when stuff like this jumps out and screams at me.

Not to mention they managed to cheapen the Controlled Shot by making most of the animations useless and making it very ineffective.

And the players still sometimes broadside it when I want to send the ball scorching with a laces shot. Not to mention that every time a player faces away 90 degrees from goal, he also insists on making a new and ridiculous broadside shot animation that gives no power to the shot.
Any normal human could have rotated their body as they were shooting, getting lots of power with a laces shot.

Atleast in PES5 the players shoot hard when you want them to.

I should just start my own production team and make my own game. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom