WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

But FIFA does what you want. Yet people complain its unresponsive... OMG.
if its way to fast and unrealistic like PES is bad.. but is responsive, feels god..
If its slow and realistic its bad cause feels unresponsive... lolol

People need to figure out what they want.
Fifa doesnt have unresponsive controls, they respond exactly like in PES, the diference is that the player takes a while to turn, etc. Thats not unresponsivness, thats reallity.

I hated every single fifa game til 08.
And i loved every single PES game till PES5 and PES6 a bit.
But if the full game cames out with the speed of the demo, i think its turning point this year...

Just for the record, I haven't complained about FIFA being unresponsive. ;)

You are right though, from what I have found FIFA08 is more reality based than PES.

Though even though FIFA has alot of manual pass/shoot options, when I played it, I didn't manage to get any control over it. So there are definitely wrong ways to do right things, if that makes sense. While playing ISS98 I almost immediately have full control of passes, and longpass directions etc.

But I am very positive of FIFA and what they want to do.

I thought it wasnt about the graphics, but the gameplay.

Thats what you said about FIFA last year?

They can have all the realistic faces they want but if the core game is crap.......

Watch out Sempty and Nick, this is the P-raise E-verytime S-eabass thread......

I don't know what thread you are reading, but most people just mindlessly about how crap he is, how realistic Fifa is and the design of games they know f-all about.

One thing we do know, PES2008 will never have as bad and unrealistic shot stopping goal keepers than Fifa, simulation my arse. Scoring from the touch line 5 yards from the corner flag with a pass is a joke.

I've had enough of a lesson in how to make a game as boring as possible and just make it a relief to score. Roll on the 26th.... actually roll on thursday first.

after all the big fifa08 hype/talk here i played the 360 and the PS3 demo today on my 50inch HD samsung plasma,after 2 min i was done playing it,not even a 50inch tv could convince me that its a good game:(
ofcourse booted the PES2008 demo after that and i felt so happy again.
Playing PES2008 and on my 50inch hd is a whole other world :)
created a lil vid for you guys:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arkBKbQK7Zk

Last edited:

Well nice tv, too bad the ball is half a metre from the foot when u shoot.

from winningelevenblog.com

Seabass: "Making PES 2008 was tough"

Considering he's the brains behind the critically acclaimed Pro Evolution Soccer series, Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka likes to keep a low profile. Indeed, when the PlayStation 3 version debuted at Leipzig in August it was notable not because it was the first time PES was playable on a next-gen Playstation, but because Seabass wasn't there to show off his highly-anticipated baby.

But, despite his knack for steering clear of the limelight IGN was granted an audience with the man that made PES, to talk about what we can expect from the next in the series and what elements of his games make him most proud.

IGN: What are the main additions to PES 2008 over PES6?

Seabass: Obviously, it will be the first next-gen format on the PS3. Since we started on next-gen formats last season we have finally had time to make big changes that are much more noticeable in the game. For example, visually it's clear to see we changed a lot. We also redesigned the menus, plus the models of the players are much more beautiful. Players will notice that right away.

We have also introduced our new Teamvision AI. This is a sophisticated AI programme that learns and adapts according to the player's style of gameplay.

IGN: Can you explain how the Teamvision AI system learns from the way people play?

Seabass: If it's attacking AI, when you get the ball back from the CPU it will remember how you did it. So, the next time the CPU attacks, it will do so differently, maybe passing the ball around faster or changing the timing of dummies. When defending, the Teamvision AI learns how a player prefers to attack and changes its tactics accordingly. For instance, if a player often attacks down the side then the CPU will try to have their defenders take care of the wings.

On top of that, each team has its own strategies, to become more aggressive when attacking or defending depending on the flow of the match. Overall, this AI helps make the flow of the game close to the real football match.

IGN: What new moves will feature in the game and how will players be able to pull them off?

Seabass: We cannot say which but there are plenty of new moves in the game. When we say moves it's not just about a single, certain move either. Instead there are more subtle things, such as the timing of passes, the start of runs… We've tweaked and changed these timings and that affects the way the game plays, so much so it often feels like some of the moves are new.

IGN: How difficult was it creating the next generation of PES while still keeping the famed gameplay and control at its core?

Seabass: It was really, really tough, because we knew that this was going to be the stepping stone for taking our title into the next gen. We realised that past PES games were pretty much close to perfect - we tweaked the games every year and continued to do so for a long time, so it was natural for the game to be good. However, we knew we'd have to start afresh for the next-gen game.

IGN: What new modes will feature in the PS2 game?

Seabass: There are two new things. Firstly, there's World Tour Mode, in which you have to go around the world and battle it out against the club teams. For every match there's a mission you need to accomplish, such as 'come from behind and win after 75 minutes into the game', 'perform a hat trick', 'score from a set piece' and so on. To win you need to fulfill these conditions against all the 50-plus club teams in the game. For core PES players, this new mode will undoubtedly be exciting to play.

The Community Mode is also new. It keeps records of all the games you play against friends, so you can see who scores the most and the percentage of wins you notch up, as well as who's the most consistent scorer and so on. You can also keep track of two-v-two matches, to see which pairing works best.

IGN: Will there be new teams and leagues in the game?

Seabass: We have increased the number of teams this year, yes, and it's not at the expense of other features either, which we're happy about. There are plenty of new licensed club teams such as Tottenham Hotspur, RSC Anderlecht and Spartak Moscow, as well as official national teams like Brazil, Scotland and Portugal. In total there are now more than 250 teams.

IGN: How has the Master League been expanded for the next generation versions?

Seabass: I finally accomplished one of the things I wanted to do for a long time, which was increase the number of teams in the league from 16 to 20. Now they look and work as authentically as real football leagues. It's not a huge point but it has always been something I wanted to do.

We have also upgraded the glitter side of the Master League, by adding weekly reports, displaying the replays and highlights of the match in the main menu… We really wanted to build something that would make users feel more involved with the players and the club teams they create and manage. We have also added a 'popularity' rating for each club, which affects negotiations when transferring players.

IGN: Is there one element of PES 2008 you are most proud of?

Seabass: I am most proud that we created something that surpasses PES6. In terms of AI and the way the game plays, I think this creates a new game to the PES of old. The traditional PES graphics have improved too and I'm proud we have accomplished both - the graphics and the gameplay - at the same time. You will have a great time with your friends, I guarantee that!

Interview taken from www.ign.com

I love when a buddy defends his sweetheart.....

I just said i like the old visual design better than this one, so what's the problem, this is not even an argument.

Oops, you did it again...avoiding a discussion and turning defensive...freedom of speech includes also being outspoken when challenged....because the previous time i pointed out a flaw in your logic...you stated something like "if people can't even come out with their opinion..".
Of course you can, but a litle bit of fair play won't hurt anybody...

Oh and Han seems a very sweet guy, you aren't by any chance homophobic???? Been to a public school and having had nasty experiences when reaching for the soap in the shower???? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

This thread is very "angry"! Where is the love, man?

after all the big fifa08 hype/talk here i played the 360 and the PS3 demo today on my 50inch HD samsung plasma,after 2 min i was done playing it,not even a 50inch tv could convince me that its a good game:(
ofcourse booted the PES2008 demo after that and i felt so happy again.
Playing PES2008 and on my 50inch hd is a whole other world :)
created a lil vid for you guys:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arkBKbQK7Zk

thats your problem, its not a game you can pick up and automatically be awesome at it.. the game is very differetn then PES. It takes time and patience... PES hasnt changend in years so you really dont need to spend alot of time to get up to speed again. Thats why its so easy to pick up and play and teach your friends how to play. Fifa is truly going to be a hard sell to my ADD friends...

after all the big fifa08 hype/talk here i played the 360 and the PS3 demo today on my 50inch HD samsung plasma,after 2 min i was done playing it,not even a 50inch tv

PS3 demo???:shock:

Oops, you did it again...avoiding a discussion and turning defensive...freedom of speech includes also being outspoken when challenged....because the previous time i pointed out a flaw in your logic...you stated something like "if people can't even come out with their opinion..".
Of course you can, but a litle bit of fair play won't hurt anybody...

Oh and Han seems a very sweet guy, you aren't by any chance homophobic???? Been to a public school and having had nasty experiences when reaching for the soap in the shower???? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

funny joke, sounds pretty new to me.....i wouldn't really come up with this joke coming from belgium after all those nasty pedofilia stories there some time ago.

Anyway this picture is funny:

http://www.pcaction.de/?menu=browse...=-1&image_id=703908&mode=article&overview=yes

Last edited:

Guys, which system should I get this game for?

I am not sure since I want to make sure I get the most out of online fun. I live in the US ofcourse and need to make up my mind since due to the price, shipping etc..I cannot order both 360 and PS3.

I am assuming the game will look and feel the same on both consoles correct?

Lol, that interview was fantastic :lmao:

Seasalt lives in cloud Cuckoo land... 'He's wanted to increase the ML to a 20 team league for a long time'...what the hell were his 'Staffs' doing?

"oh no cappen yer cannna be serious she'll never take another two teams, she's at maximum now, she's gonna blow"
in best Scottie accent...

"They now look and work like authentic leagues"... where, in what parallel universe? And you're damn fekkin right it's not a huge point....

"The Glitter side of the ML"... By glitter he means instead of any kind of depth or realism, lets put in fluff and nonsense, with a dash of everybody's favorite...Crap cutscenes...

I don't care how good the on field play is.. as long as it's not Warp Factor nine speed, It's really going to bite having all but the same game again...

Can't help thinking Konami and Seaspray should wear masks... I'm getting mugged again!
Thanks for the laugh Nick!

chelsea7.jpg

I'm actually scared

ok guys seeing as there is noot much gpoing on i am gonna ask everyone a question and i want your opinions ....

do you thing we will be able to patch pes 2008 next gen on the consoles???

i nearly pissed myself whilst looking at that essien pic. he looks retarded!

We have also introduced our new Teamvision AI. This is a sophisticated AI programme that learns and adapts according to the player's style of gameplay.

IGN: Can you explain how the Teamvision AI system learns from the way people play?

Seabass: If it's attacking AI, when you get the ball back from the CPU it will remember how you did it. So, the next time the CPU attacks, it will do so differently, maybe passing the ball around faster or changing the timing of dummies. When defending, the Teamvision AI learns how a player prefers to attack and changes its tactics accordingly. For instance, if a player often attacks down the side then the CPU will try to have their defenders take care of the wings.

On top of that, each team has its own strategies, to become more aggressive when attacking or defending depending on the flow of the match. Overall, this AI helps make the flow of the game close to the real football match.

Well, it will be interesting to see if this does work on a match-by-match basis or if it comes into effect only over the course of a season.

If it only "learns" after you've played a few ML matches, my personal feeling is that I don't want the AI to have learned completely what I do and then apply that to every cpu team to counter me. In real life, that would assume every football coach from every club would have to be thinking tactically exactly the same way as to how to counter your tactics, which is anything but realistic.

IGN: What new moves will feature in the game and how will players be able to pull them off?

Seabass: We cannot say which but there are plenty of new moves in the game. When we say moves it's not just about a single, certain move either. Instead there are more subtle things, such as the timing of passes, the start of runs… We've tweaked and changed these timings and that affects the way the game plays, so much so it often feels like some of the moves are new.

You cannot say? Why? You wrote the game so surely you know? Or does the fact that he then goes on to say that it is actually more subtle things suggest that there aren't actually any new moves.

IGN: How difficult was it creating the next generation of PES while still keeping the famed gameplay and control at its core?

Seabass: It was really, really tough, because we knew that this was going to be the stepping stone for taking our title into the next gen. We realised that past PES games were pretty much close to perfect - we tweaked the games every year and continued to do so for a long time, so it was natural for the game to be good. However, we knew we'd have to start afresh for the next-gen game.

:lol: and :( He truly thinks it's near perfect yet there is so very, very much that could be improved in that game....he clearly has no imagination or inspiration. It's clearly going to be tiny tweak after tweak for the years to come. What an exciting prospect :(.

IGN: What new modes will feature in the PS2 game?

Seabass: There are two new things. Firstly, there's World Tour Mode, in which you have to go around the world and battle it out against the club teams. For every match there's a mission you need to accomplish, such as 'come from behind and win after 75 minutes into the game', 'perform a hat trick', 'score from a set piece' and so on. To win you need to fulfill these conditions against all the 50-plus club teams in the game. For core PES players, this new mode will undoubtedly be exciting to play.

So, new modes which don't have anything to do with real football, just some arcade crap.

IGN: Will there be new teams and leagues in the game?

Seabass: We have increased the number of teams this year, yes, and it's not at the expense of other features either, which we're happy about. There are plenty of new licensed club teams such as Tottenham Hotspur, RSC Anderlecht and Spartak Moscow, as well as official national teams like Brazil, Scotland and Portugal. In total there are now more than 250 teams.

IGN: How has the Master League been expanded for the next generation versions?

Seabass: I finally accomplished one of the things I wanted to do for a long time, which was increase the number of teams in the league from 16 to 20. Now they look and work as authentically as real football leagues. It's not a huge point but it has always been something I wanted to do.

We have also upgraded the glitter side of the Master League, by adding weekly reports, displaying the replays and highlights of the match in the main menu… We really wanted to build something that would make users feel more involved with the players and the club teams they create and manage. We have also added a 'popularity' rating for each club, which affects negotiations when transferring players.

Deary me., he's still trying to make out the increasing the size of a league from 16 to 20 teams is some kind of technical achievement. Is this guy really a cretin?

Furthermore, how does this make them now "look and work as authentically as real football leagues"? Have they replicated the play-off system from the English Championship? Have they included the 12-team SPL with a top/bottom 6 split? Have they included the 14-team leagues from the Scandanavian nations with the relegation play-offs? Have the included the Dutch CL play-offs? The majority of European Leagues don't have 20 teams. Have they included lower leagues?

Lazy, and completely off-taget with nonsense like pub pictures and popularity ratings (wtf?!). Get real, Seabass...go look at some real football! You are way off the mark! You want to get people engrossed in the game, then make the game simulate real world footballing structures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom