WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

On the ML changes, I'm pleased we now have 20 teams in each division, but where in the world do they have a cup competition JUST for the teams in one Div? Why the billy-joe-jim-bob can't we have a cup for both divisions?

sanstitre1pk5.jpg

Excellent TG :lmao:

Patching boys have unlocked multiplayer for the pc demo. Nice.

For anyone who ordered PES2008 at ShopTo.net, here is a message i sent them:

Hi Shopto,

PES2008 is coming out on the 26th of October. I have preordered my copy of
the game.

When will i be possible be notified about the game being dispatched? And is
there a possiblity i can get the game a day early?

Regards,

Stringer Bell

Reply:

Hi,

You'll get notified of dispatch only when we get out stock in and the order
is being processed. Hopefully this will be a day or two prior to release.

Regards
Darren

Is it just me or do the PC player-models/faces look worse than their x-box360/PS3 counterparts?

no it's not just u

the faces on PC are horrible in my opinion. very detailed but not similar at all to the real ones

The Communications Workers Union (CWU) has announced further
strike action, in the form of two 48 hour strikes, from
lunchtime on Thursday 4th - lunchtime on Saturday 6th October,
and from the early hours of Monday 8th - early hours Wednesday
10th October.

This will be followed by an unspecified programme of weekly
strikes, starting w/c October 15th, until the resolution of the
dispute.

This is going to really screw up postal deliveries in the UK and i'll probably go and buy PES from a high street shop.

Yeah, they did, but keep in mind it's an early build.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

They are probably hyding the ps3 at work in the bathroom and playing it every 10 min.......

This player's face flooding is quite annoying IMO.

Btw by looking at the crowd i thought the game was played in siberia.........as i said, one the of crowd fans look like stalin.

I think we must be patient until WENB have a promo-copy. Than we get real news :)

Well, it will be interesting to see if this does work on a match-by-match basis or if it comes into effect only over the course of a season.

If it only "learns" after you've played a few ML matches, my personal feeling is that I don't want the AI to have learned completely what I do and then apply that to every cpu team to counter me. In real life, that would assume every football coach from every club would have to be thinking tactically exactly the same way as to how to counter your tactics, which is anything but realistic.

You cannot say? Why? You wrote the game so surely you know? Or does the fact that he then goes on to say that it is actually more subtle things suggest that there aren't actually any new moves.

:lol: and :( He truly thinks it's near perfect yet there is so very, very much that could be improved in that game....he clearly has no imagination or inspiration. It's clearly going to be tiny tweak after tweak for the years to come. What an exciting prospect :(.

So, new modes which don't have anything to do with real football, just some arcade crap.

Deary me., he's still trying to make out the increasing the size of a league from 16 to 20 teams is some kind of technical achievement. Is this guy really a cretin?

Furthermore, how does this make them now "look and work as authentically as real football leagues"? Have they replicated the play-off system from the English Championship? Have they included the 12-team SPL with a top/bottom 6 split? Have they included the 14-team leagues from the Scandanavian nations with the relegation play-offs? Have the included the Dutch CL play-offs? The majority of European Leagues don't have 20 teams. Have they included lower leagues?

Lazy, and completely off-taget with nonsense like pub pictures and popularity ratings (wtf?!). Get real, Seabass...go look at some real football! You are way off the mark! You want to get people engrossed in the game, then make the game simulate real world footballing structures.

totaly agree winston, that was funny interwiev:lmao:
he thinks he is explain the game 2 some 6year old kids.

i do agree also with JB, he did say before that, his game its not even half way, from what he is planing to achive with we/pes, but he said he can not do that with the ps2 power, now he got the power, & he improve the game so little in the same old engine, so that he can get away with it every year, coz he knows the game will sell anyways no matter what he offer.
is he stupit or what
comming that from him, things his game is prefeect, that's the first time i heard that from him:shock: even if it was he can't say that, with out showing no moltivation what so ever, a bit shocking really & not profesional.

still don't get it why he things the graphic is next-gen, just look at the grass, coz thats the first thing u see in a football game, & i must say pes3 on ps2 had the best grass ever, & why its not green? & worst then in pes6 xbox360?

and the good news is now we can have 20 in ML mode what a jock that is:lol: he really take his fans for stupit:roll:

Have we seen PS3/Xbox 360 faces of the club teams yet? I cant remember seeing many. I just think they don't look all that good cause Konami didn't put as much work into them as the top national sides in the demo

In what way? They look the same to me. Not impressed by both PC and ps3 club sides.

PS3 faces are much better, eto'o, drogba, touré etc..

94774-inter10.jpeg

0680.jpg

The PC picture looks more realistic here but the kits have a better constrast and are darker. He also has a weird glow on his face, probably because of afternoon kick off? :/

Last edited:

I think the textures look better and they're more detailed overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom