WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

wow!! i can´t see inprovemnents!!
for me, the game still has a unreallystic FAST pace...
the passes are very fast!!
specially the long balls!!
i play the demo in 360 ysterday for 4 hours and i really like the new skills... it´s more responsive and the animations is much more beautiful when you are dribling than PES6!!
i love the new way to protect the ball!!! really nice, but:
WTF Konami made with the passes in this game!???
they retired the slow and higher long balls using the R2 (RT in 360)!!!
now, all long balls are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery fast and not higher!!!
totally unrealistic!!!
there´s no way to play a game with long balls to yours center forwards chalenges like most small teams do in real life!!
there is only the traditional fast pace passes way to play!!!
too bad konami!!
we, football lovers want a REAL SIMULATION of the beautiful game!!!!!

I totally agree with you my friend. I watched Schalke v Hertha Berlin on Setanta earlier and couldn't understand why Konami have opted for the SPEEDY video game? It just IS NOT realistic. I think PES will divide the football gaming consumer more than ever this year. Some people will want simulated, slower-paced football and others will want 'pick-up-and-play' football.

went to my local asda store tonight to buy tiger woods for ps3, guy behind counter had can you fifa08 t shirt on and said "you want fifa" "no thanks dont insult me i'm a pro evo guy hahahaha only kidding tiger woods please"
i played demo on pc today and thought it was really good, lots of different animations and players seemed to have a more realistic weight when changing directions, ok so it's not as big a change as we'd hoped but it still feels really good.. i look forward to full version on ps3

Plan M, how is anything you say going to matter here, with your huge Fifa avatar?

:shock: Look how fast Scholes runs! The game is just WAY TOO FAST. It doesn't look like Man United playing. Konami have lost the plot. :(

trust me the game doesn't play like that video it's much slower that looks like fast forward compared to the game i played only a couple of hours ago....

im waiting for to play the game before i make any judgements...ugh

hey foxtrot is that your ticket for the game ya lucky man my mate has two tickets and i can't get one.... I'm beginning to dislike him hahaha
hopefully we'll get result against lyon first

I actually liked the Man U vs Sevilla video. It looks like it's definately improved a whole lot since the demo. The only thing that looks off to me is the Nets. They are way too loose and unrealistic in my opinion. The net is not supposed to stick all the way out from behind the goal on impact. When the ball hits the net, the spot where the ball hits should slightly push itself back and the entire net should give a ripple affect that would travel through out the entire back of the net. The ball should then bounce back into the ground inside the goal or outside depending on the impact velocity.

I like the new goal/nets look, but for god's sake NOKMAI, give us more variety in styles. This bad net animation overshadows the nice looking South American net styles for me.

Oh well, maybe next year.

this ball is in the trailer but not in the game ?
nikt90team400.jpg

everybody that plays the demo and is watching the videos are still thinking the speed in the passes, specially in the LONG BALLS are reallistic!???
if yes, i´m must be watching other tipe of sport in my tv!!!!

Plan M, how is anything you say going to matter here, with your huge Fifa avatar?

I have HATED every FIFA game until the latest one my friend. I have bought EVERY WE/PES game. I LOVED the series. Konami have ruined it for me. Maybe if some people actually TRY to enjoy something else they would be able to be as happy as me (as are 100s of other CONVERTED PES fans).

I have HATED every FIFA game until the latest one my friend. I have bought EVERY WE/PES game. I LOVED the series. Konami have ruined it for me.

how do you know have you played the full game!!! or dont you need to cause yer psychic and know exactly what it's like...

how do you know have you played the full game!!! or dont you need to cause yer psychic and know exactly what it's like...

If the PES 2008 game engine DRASTICALLY changes before release then I maybe I have something to look forward to. I just can't see the game changing THAT MUCH before October 26th.

i know why people are dissapointed as it didn't change as much as we'd hoped i still think it will take some beating, i tried fifa demo and the delay between what i wanted to do and it happening on screen annoyed me but hey i still have to try full game which i will I'm very open minded about it...I just want to play good football games nothing more nothing less

I just want to play good football games nothing more nothing less

I think you speak for 90% of the members at Evo-Web mate. There are a few people here that will NEVER try FIFA even if PES scored 1/10 and the EA game scored 10/10. They are "stuck in their ways" so to speak. Personally, I like meeting open minded gaming fans and the FIFA 08 Next-Gen thread is full of them. A good bunch of lads. :)

this ball is in the trailer but not in the game ?
nikt90team400.jpg

Its in the game, they use that ball in La Liga and Seria A, whether we can use it in exhibition etc remains to be seen.

Like I said the ball is in the game but those pics all but confirm that there only playable when you do La Liga or Seria A.

Indeed, who was it that said there are Nike and Puma balls in addition to the Adidas and Sister (RBK :lol:) balls.

If the PES 2008 game engine DRASTICALLY changes before release then I maybe I have something to look forward to. I just can't see the game changing THAT MUCH before October 26th.

look, i dont think anyone cares about what u have to say.. If PES is so unrealistic and crap then dont buy.. I couldnt care less if i was the only one with PES, its what i love to play.. Go back to ur Fifa thread and go suck off a few of ur fellow companions!
Jeez, this is a WE/PES thread for christs sake, not a come in fifa fanboys and start bitchin about everything thread..

look, i dont think anyone cares about what u have to say.. If PES is so unrealistic and crap then dont buy.. I couldnt care less if i was the only one with PES, its what i love to play.. Go back to ur Fifa thread and go suck off a few of ur fellow companions!
Jeez, this is a WE/PES thread for christs sake, not a come in fifa fanboys and start bitchin about everything thread..

The thing is, Plan M likes PES too. Just because he has a different opinion about the game doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread.

Can someone do me a favour?

Can I get the direct download link to that Man U vs Sevilla clip?

Thanks.

Indeed, who was it that said there are Nike and Puma balls in addition to the Adidas and Sister (RBK :lol:) balls.

yeah, this is one of the first big letdowns for me :(

There are some nice teamgeist balls there but it could use a bit more variety.

StayingPower, Plan M is allowed to post but he is marked with Fifa on every front (Avatar, below username, signature) so I have no reason to believe anything he says. Plus, he hasn't even played the actual game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom