WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Nice review of fifa at eurogamer, some nice comparison with pes. It says pes is arcadish, fifa a simulation.

Hah those import pictures aren't that bad. I'd be very interested to see how much actual modifying went into them once they were imported into the game

I found very good the Eurogamer review of FIFA. Particularly interesting when they talk about manual passing, and the long learning curve that means the game is deep.
Good news for me.

those pics of the wenb guys in the game are awesome, well thats a good feature i like

I found very good the Eurogamer review of FIFA. Particularly interesting when they talk about manual passing, and the long learning curve that means the game is deep.
Good news for me.

Yep, Pretty much was i have been arguing here for some time.

I think once the Peskiticism is removed from people' heads and once they bore themselves to death with limited leagues, msterleague, stadia, and laggy on line play they will se what game has more depth in gameplay and more longevity. But i am sure konami is gonna fight back next year.

Last edited:

those pics of the wenb guys in the game are awesome, well thats a good feature i like

they look horrible in my opinion, like This Is Football's eye toy feature. I really hope they just imported them without any real fiddling with the colours, i.e. no effort at all. If we can't make them more realistic than that then the feature will be pointless.

Burns victim?

http://bp2.blogger.com/_Qp7Fv2WWaew/Rv0MRUOiG_I/AAAAAAAABFs/y3TXRhWsmfI/s1600-h/wenb13.jpg

I agree wit the eurogamer review its not whats better it's what uou prefer which is totally true

I agree that Fifa is probably the more realistic game now - I still enjoy Pro Evo more though. At the end of the day I'll buy whichever gave I have the most fun with, not which is the most realistic!

For me realsim= fun, arcade=boredom in 2 weeks.

Thanks TG, just watched the clips, less and less impressed, visually it looks mora cartoony than 360.

soo is pes still the fun game that maintain longevity or is it now fifa
i got pc

You are right they 360 and pc are far superior faces.

And why don't they put HD badges?? we managed to get them in pes6 pc so why not incresing that level of detail?? Don't understand really.

The demo is much better with the time expander. Gives you time to slow it down, change the tempo, and try some new things out.

Everyone goes on about faces and boots. It doesn't matter to me - what I want to know is will the final version PLAY? The PES 2008 demo shocked me it was so bad. Remember in the old days when no-one cared about the graphics? The gameplay was so good it didn't matter. These days it seems that as long as there are more licenses, boots and stadia but the still dated game engine it doesn't matter. PES just feels like a yearly update now, not a NEW game. :(

Thomas can we reaquest some pes2008 pics on that french site? i want to see if they can post some Benfica pics...mybe if i leave a comment there they will do me that favour?! :p

The demo is much better with the time expander. Gives you time to slow it down, change the tempo, and try some new things out.

yes, it gives you time to 'feel' the game, but also gives you more time to see the bugs (lots of sliding, very strange deflections, etc) :roll:

im liking the dribbling system of this pes more than the one in pes 6, but is not the same with the shoting system, the ball is too heavy, goes way too fast, and there is so much less skill involved in hitting the net.

pes 6 had ball physics (weight/speed relation) almost perfect imo.

Thomas, all those videos from playscope and jeuxvideo arent final version, just beta??

Looks like a final build with adboards and different boots.

I mean if they slow it down and make them run normally it would be better.

Overall gameplay wise i can't see so many structural differences with pes6

I am confused but hopeful after reading the OPM scans on PESfan.
2 different people in the mag say it's slower than the PS2 version.
And the main reviewer says it's more akin to a CL match, rather than a Premier League pace.
Also he says free-kicks are too hard.
Presumably they are reviewing the full game which must be considerably slower than the demo.

There is hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom