WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

0235.jpg

!!!

I agree with the reviews of PES2008 !

While playing the demo, I realize that there are more improvments between PES6 and PES2008 than PES5 to PES6.
It's the best PES available at now !!
I agree about the fact that PES2008 doesn't made a big step forward with the New Generation Platforms but still a lot better than PES6.

For me 2 points that made me mad :
- Graphics.
- Running animation. (I don't know why they didn't at least keep the one from the old PES)

BUT, I don't understand why FIFA08 doesn't got the same marks on reviews.
this year it's equal in term of fun and gameplay and even better if we consider the licences and different modes of play.

My review :
PES2008 : 17/20.
- graphics : 17/20
The overall graphics aren't very good but the players looks very realistic with the possibility of editing all the aspects of the game.
- gameplay : 18/20
Still the legendary gameplay of PES ;)
- sound : 17/20
Good sounds and additions but always the same commentaries...crap
- value : 17/20
You can play this game again and again with your friends and always enjoy it :). (+2 if the ML is improved and TeamVision is an innovation)

FIFA08 : 18/20.
- graphics : 18/20
The overall graphics are superb but (at the opposite of PES) the players doesn't look very realistic (ugly faces)and no possibility to edit all the aspects of the game (18/20 because when we play a football game the camera isn't at 5 meters of the player)

- gameplay : 17/20
Big step forward by EA. Very close to a real football game. lot of new moves and skills. Just the feeling that we haven't the total control of the players as PES.

- sound : 19/20
Amazin Athmosphere. Superb commentaries (don't car about music :)
)
- value : 17/20
This game is really amazin with its differents modes and 1on1 game. But in my opinion, playing 2vs2 games can be very difficult. (maybe more speed and response can give another dimension to multiplayer mode)

I think this year winner in term of average review is FIFA08.
I repeat I play PES since ISS on SNES and FIFA since the megadrive and for me the 1st world war was over in 1998 with a constant winner...KONAMI
This year, FIFA declared World War 2 to PES and began directly with the heavy artillery.

Last edited:

I think this year winner in term of average review is FIFA08.
I repeat I play PES since ISS on SNES and FIFA since the megadrive and for me the 1st world war was over in 1998 with a constant winner...KONAMI
This year, FIFA declared World War 2 to PES and began directly with the heavy artillery.

Have you played the full version of PES?

Have you played the full version of PES?

Nope, that's why my hopes go on the "Team Vision" system.
The game will be the same in terms of technic.
The full game just can be better than the demo but with minor tweaks (the gameplay and animations will be the same !)

Nope, that's why my hopes go on the "Team Vision" system.
The game will be the same in terms of technic.
The full game just can be better than the demo but with minor tweaks (the gameplay and animations will be the same !)

It wasn't a criticism I genuinely wasn't sure.

Yesterday I bought FIFA and I played the full version:
Before to buy the game I read a lot of things about Fifa and everybody say that fifa this year improved a lot gameplay and is very simulation and may be better than PES 2008.
Sorry guys but I lost my 70€ and never I'll put FIFA on my PS3.
If you don't want to lost money don't buy this game.
I will wait PES with hope because we have just a choise.
Sorry for my english.

It wasn't a criticism I genuinely wasn't sure.

I know culinary ;)
I just answered your question with some additional argument.
I'll probably have another judgment when playing the full retail...
You know for the first time I'm gonna buy both FIFA and PES because this year we have two marvelous football games.
And for our happiness, Konami will understand (for next year probably) what "evolution" means.
It was the same on PS2. FIFA technically was better on 96/97/98 and PES3 came with a real evolution.
EA always had the capacity of adapting their games to the new generation platforms quickly.

Tobi the Jay-z avatar was better..i mis it:(
but yah the weather looks pretty nice on that pic
and the 2 dudes that are sleeping on the grass are prolly mad about the pitch.

Yesterday I bought FIFA and I played the full version:
Before to buy the game I read a lot of things about Fifa and everybody say that fifa this year improved a lot gameplay and is very simulation and may be better than PES 2008.
Sorry guys but I lost my 70€ and never I'll put FIFA on my PS3.
If you don't want to lost money don't buy this game.
I will wait PES with hope because we have just a choise.
Sorry for my english.

Why?

Anyway u can ask for a product change or refund

Is it me but when i see a game sold together with a console i think "either old game or they are really desperate to sell the console".

and for juventinissimo, give the game a fair share of time, you can't play like it was pes expecting it is gonna play like pes.

Charlie mate no need to be so down take heart that im sure no-one is 100% happy with pes2008 because its not the "evolution" we all wanted, however we all accept this is what we get, see it for its good points and move on, cant change it and it is a good game despite not being an "evolution" so just take heart in that and hope Konami get the message, theres no need to keep bad mouthing the game it does no-one good.

Yes I will changed today the game but for me is very hard to explane why this game is catastrophic (my poor english).
First match is intresting because the atmosphere is good and it is hard to score goal and looks like a kaind of simulation.
The second match you can see that is the same like the first game.
Everything is repetitively, also the goal keeper do the same animation costantly.
After a ton of match I leave the computer to play some match.
every game is the same.
The sound is great and also the comentary is very good but no more.

Yes I will changed today the game but for me is very hard to explane why this game is catastrophic (my poor english).
First match is intresting because the atmosphere is good and it is hard to score goal and looks like a kaind of simulation.
The second match you can see that is the same like the first game.
Everything is repetitively, also the goal keeper do the same animation costantly.
After a ton of match I leave the computer to play some match.
every game is the same.
The sound is great and also the comentary is very good but no more.

I think you are falling into the usual fifa stereotype.
ONe thing is sure: they should lower the prices of those damn console games, i mean 60-70 euros for a game is madness.

hi elite long time no see, you probably don't remember me but i sure remember you. Did you go to liepzieg

ps: What does ROFL mean

Jo man! I remember you. We where in the group stage at some Pro Evolution Soccer tournaments. And you came to one of my tournaments (www.pesgroningen.nl).

No i didn`t go to Leipzig because of some family things. But now im back on track and waiting for Pes 2008!

The only thing that bothers me is that i see a lot of Old School members that are liking Fifa 2008 and hating Pes 2008 even though there isn`t a full version out YET........... What happened!?!??!?! I played Fifa 2008 and it just didn`t feel right. Yes some elements of Fifa 2008 looks nice but it will not feel like Pes EVER. Even if Pes 2008 is a tweaked version of Pes6 than i still won`t play Fifa 2008.

Jo man! I remember you. We where in the group stage at some Pro Evolution Soccer tournaments. And you came to one of my tournaments (www.pesgroningen.nl).

No i didn`t go to Leipzig because of some family things. But now im back on track and waiting for Pes 2008!

The only thing that bothers me is that i see a lot of Old School members that are liking Fifa 2008 and hating Pes 2008 even though there isn`t a full version out YET........... What happened!?!??!?! I played Fifa 2008 and it just didn`t feel right. Yes some elements of Fifa 2008 looks nice but it will not feel like Pes EVER. Even if Pes 2008 is a tweaked version of Pes6 than i still won`t play Fifa 2008.

I think we are too familiar with PES and it is embedded scripting. Anything else feels weird. For me too. I mean 10 years with the same game is almost like a marriage, well at least in europe. In the US is more like 3 marriages.

Double Dribble! :O I swear I have heard that somewhere before, what leagues did you used to play back in the scene of PES4 and PES5?

I swear I heard of that gamertatg, maybe on PESfan or something, dunno if I ever played you, but I heard you was a very very very good player or something :D

Cant wait, the weather in those screens look absolutely fantastic, lets hope the rain is done well, instead of like random lines infront of the screen.

EHi lads one more thing:

I have not yet lost a game in the demo (pc, 360), almost never gave away a gol on and it is on max dif setting. Anyone having the same problem?

Yeah me too, but apparently a lot of people who played the full version stated that it's as rewarding as ever and CPU AI is awesome..

I think we are too familiar with PES and it is embedded scripting. Anything else feels weird. For me too. I mean 10 years with the same game is almost like a marriage, well at least in europe. In the US is more like 3 marriages.

Of course we are to familair with PES but i want to play REAL soccer/football and not an Arcade soccer/football with a lot of tricks or all leagues. I want to play a simulation and Fifa ISNT a simulation. YES this is the best Fifa since ages but it still don`t got me all wind up. I was thinking of buying it BUT a m8 of mine came by and we played 7 games. After those games i was like......... It`s a nice game but it isn`t Pes with the realistic movements and passing. And trust me I LOVE soccer/football. Im a soccer trainer in Holland and i`m training Top Amature Youth and i like the game "soccer/football" to much to just give up and think Fifa 2008 is all that because it ain`t. Pes is more a simulation than Fifa 2008 will ever be and YES Pes has got his flaws but it will always cover up what Fifa 2008 don`t got. Ant personally i think that everyone is overhyped about Fifa 2008 because the retail version of Pes 2008 ain`t out yet. EA did a good job by putting a more detailed version of the Fifa 2008 Demo online but i`ve got a feeling that Konami is saving the best for last! My 2cts.

Double Dribble! :O I swear I have heard that somewhere before, what leagues did you used to play back in the scene of PES4 and PES5?

I swear I heard of that gamertatg, maybe on PESfan or something, dunno if I ever played you, but I heard you was a very very very good player or something :D

Cant wait, the weather in those screens look absolutely fantastic, lets hope the rain is done well, instead of like random lines infront of the screen.

Yeah i played some leagues with Pes4 and Pes5. But with Pes6 i didnt had much time to play the online leagues :(. On xboxlive my nickname was Double Dribble :) At offline tournaments i`m using Elite for ages :)

Last edited:

We are still on the "wait for the beauty in action" then.

Good, after all the prebuild early beta early demo, eventually the full version will tell. But this team vision had better be more than a catchy fifasque marketing tool. Still i am not sure i wanna play a masteleague without going to the Old trafford or Anfield Road. I loved that feeling of playing in those venues with big teams. Only games i truly enjoyed lately after so many years through the ML.

Elite: I also train little kids, i go to camp nou once a month (i can't afford more) and i think fifa is more sim like.

Last edited:

EHi lads one more thing:

I have not yet lost a game in the demo (pc, 360), almost never gave away a gol on and it is on max dif setting. Anyone having the same problem?

Same for me with the FIFA demo (PS3) though. I've never played FIFA before either. Granted I haven't scored many though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom