WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

Sorry for my off topic :) I just wanted to say something about the whole situation :) It`s just a shame that some hard core users are preffering Fifa 2008 instead of Pes 2008 and even some old school pes m8s of mine (i don`t care because i always kicked their asses ;)). And maby im wearing pesglasses but i don`t care because i`ve got love for the game. Don`t forget that this will be the first next gen Pes on Playstation 3!!

Last edited:

Double Dribble! :O I swear I have heard that somewhere before, what leagues did you used to play back in the scene of PES4 and PES5?

I swear I heard of that gamertatg, maybe on PESfan or something, dunno if I ever played you, but I heard you was a very very very good player or something :D

Cant wait, the weather in those screens look absolutely fantastic, lets hope the rain is done well, instead of like random lines infront of the screen.
Yes, Elite (or DD as we call him in Holland ;) ) is one of the best in Holland.
Hi DD, long time no see :)

Same for me with the FIFA demo (PS3) though. I've never played FIFA before either. Granted I haven't scored many though.

But fifa is set to the 2 level of difficulty, in pes u can select the max level.

Plus i am sure old pes players might find frustrating to learn a new game and lose their strenght on line due to long time knowledge of the game patters to score/defend. I personally find a new game refreshing, even if at the beginning i suck, but i play for fun with bilbao or chievo (this year genoa) on line.

Last edited:

We are still on the "wait for the beauty in action" then.

Good, after all the prebuild early beta early demo, eventually the full version will tell. But this team vision had better be more than a catchy fifasque marketing tool. Still i am not sure i wanna play a masteleague without going to the Old trafford or Anfield Road. I loved that feeling of playing in those venues with big teams. Only games i truly enjoyed lately after so many years through the ML.

Elite: I also train little kids, i go to camp nou once a month (i can't afford more) and i think fifa is more sim like.

Well.. Do you want to hear something funny? I`m organising offline tournaments for Pes for like 7 years now. And mostly im getting like 80/100 competitors. Many competitors (especially the best player!!) play at some professional clubs like Utrecht, Ajax, Veendam, Feyenoord or BIG amature clubs. At the most professional soccer/footbal clubs they are playing Pes after their training. And all the clubs that i visit with my youth team (we must go to professional clubs like Fc Zwolle, Fc Emmen, BV Veendam, Agovv etc etc) are saying that the most of their youth are playing Pes... So please tell me this. The most of the soccer/football players are good in reallife but why ain`t they playing Fifa? Answer is simple. Because they want to reflect their reallife soccerskills (tactical, strategical etc etc) in a soccer/football game called Pro Evolution Soccer.

@Han

Yeah long time no see. But i`m back and i will visit your forum.

Last edited:

Isnt it already said that legendary mode on Fifa is only slightly harder than semi pro on the demo? Whats up with that... :(

And elite (aka double dribble) will you be playing much online with this new PES be good to play most of the evo-webbers here :D

Isnt it already said that legendary mode on Fifa is only slightly harder than semi pro on the demo? Whats up with that... :(

And elite (aka double dribble) will you be playing much online with this new PES be good to play most of the evo-webbers here :D

YEAH I WILL!! Pes2008 will be a game that i`m gonna play lots like Pes4 and Pes5!!

We all agree with you elite untill this year. But 2008 might turn out to be a different one. And especially kids are very receptive, mine for example have been saying for a year that pes is better on the ps2 and fifa on the 360 (aged 10-2).

We all agree with you elite untill this year. But 2008 might turn out to be a different one. And especially kids are very receptive, mine for example have been saying for a year that pes is better on the ps2 and fifa on the 360 (aged 10-2).

I know what you mean :) I even caught a player of mine buying Fifa 2008!! But today he text msgd me and told me that hes gonna bring Fifa 2008 back because he just don`t like it :) ehe. So he won`t be a sub Saturday LOL! No jk. He just didn`t like it.

Why do people presume those that don't like FIFA, try to play the game like PES?
It's like telling someone to drive differently in NFS than in Burnout.
Or approach Bioshock in a different way to Black.
It's obviously a different game and it's patronising to say this.

guys that pic of rooney taking a freekick is in lisabbon because pic 197 shown an adboard that says benfica,, so sorry arsenal fans

pic 226 shows that we have 20 teams in the first division and 20 in the second division!!!!! finaly

edit: the master league pics looks interesting

edit 2: bytheway the players sitting on the beach have default faces??? i think so and that suks because i like the new feature that you can seee the players but if you dont have faces its to bad,,

sorry for my english

Last edited:

does those jornalists that test the games use a hdmi cable to connect the PS3 or they just use the RGB cable that comes with the PS3?

if they use the RGB cable it explains alot...

the graphics look much better, sharper etc when we use a hdmi cable. with a RGB cable it looks a bit blury.

pic 226 shows that we have 20 teams in the first division and 20 in the second division!!!!! finaly

edit: the master league pics looks interesting

edit 2: bytheway the players sitting on the beach have default faces??? i think so and that suks because i like the new feature that you can seee the players but if you dont have faces its to bad,,

sorry for my english

hmmmm sounds interesting
specialy some new sh!t on ML ;)

i am glad the empty teamslots are back i pes 2008 as in pes6,with these you can custumise your favorite teams that are not in the game.
pics 143 and 144 off 300+pics shows fc bruges against a unedited team.
only a game like pes can keep me editing for hours,but the results are amazing,the editmode in pes cant be beaten.

Why do Konami make the kits SO BRIGHT!? The Barcelona away (turqoise blue kit) looks terrible. Like Man United kit in PES 6 - it blinded me.

i am glad the empty teamslots are back i pes 2008 as in pes6,with these you can custumise your favorite teams that are not in the game.
pics 143 and 144 off 300+pics shows fc bruges against a unedited team.
only a game like pes can keep me editing for hours,but the results are amazing,the editmode in pes cant be beaten.

which pics do you all mean?

from playscope,you can find the link in first page of this thread,but there already 480 pics now.

Nice pictures, England squad could look better, but then it might be the angle of the pictures, but looking very nice :)

don't forget it's just 480p captures, look much better in 720p (and i hope 1080p)

The England Kit looks class tho....even the design under the arms can be seen clearly.

Anyone know if the Umbro blocked out diamond shoulder stripes are in the editing suite? Many Prem clubs have these this season.

Paul Lampard must be his brother !
Fatter than Franck :)
And I agree Beckham looks like he's taken 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom