WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

OPM have no reason to lie about the game being slower than PES6 on PS2.
This is great news!

i really hope that every stadium doesnt have them shit nets and if so u will be able to edit them and also does anybody know if its possible to sprint down the line and do the heel flik inside like c.ronaldo and quaresma do i real life

:lmao: Oh man... :lmao: The Mickey Mouse gloves are in the game! Look to the pics of the GKs. You can see it at the demo too!!! :lmao: Huahauhahuhuahuaauaaahahua... :lmao:

Last edited:

Thomas, all those videos from playscope and jeuxvideo arent final version, just beta??
The game aren't gold yet, but the stupid press do a review on this version... :roll:
actually the Man Utd vs Sevilla is the best video of PES2008 (but not on Palop own goal ^^)

tg would u know anything about what i said?
about the nets ? i don't know really, i remember on a training pict with Robinho, you can see a square net and red and white too.

Last edited:

that last video sevilla vs man u really looks like some nice gameplay, for atleast better than the demo, not much bugs.

incredible what the OPM guys say about slower pace and more simulation than ever

just the opposite of what people have been saying here for days

LOL

I guess so but I think the pace of the demo is fine, dunno what people are complaining about.

Then again, I've seen some demo vids (must be 360 vids?) and the pace looks horrendous, like it's on perma-Fast Forward.

WTF HAVE KONAMI DONE TO LEDLY KING!

wow, that man utd sevilla game looks impressive. Much much better than the 360 demo and other vids we;ve seen so far. That is much more like it Konami!
My faith is being slowly restored.

looks like all the doubters that thought the 360 and ps3 (leipzig) demo were pretty much final could be proved wrong!! If the ps3 and 360 retail is like that man u sevilla vid (but could even be marginally more polished by retail time as we dont know what date that beta is they are playing) then we could all be pleasantly relieved that PES hasnt gone to the dogs and will most likely challenge fifa08 for top footy game of the year!
That vid game looks much more fluid (still less than fifa) but still retaining that classic pes feel and responsiveness. YES!

I am currently playing and ejoying fifa08 and the overall experience rocks. But I still maintain that it is marginally too sluggish for intuitive and responsive play. I feel that it just needs to bit more responsive still. I actually think that Fifa08 matches are better to watch than play, but that is just my opinion!! From a seasoned PES veteran who finds it hard to rid of the mindset of PES gameplay.

Hopefully PES will give me that feel and control back again

Last edited:

totally agree with u samba. I have seen a huge improvement and can't wait till release date!

I can't see it
the difference is subtle but there is defintely improvements in animations, reduction in pace, ball dynamics. I am sure there are also a few new animations from previous demo as well such as the gk.

Just to show that I am not a stubborn PES supporter, I am actually playing fifa08 all the time now and the PES2008 360 demo has not had a look in for a few days now!

Last edited:

some commentary info that was in OPM
sack lawrenson:) (i remember that dude from Match of the day on BBC)
and Jon Champion
some Wikipedia info:
Champion recently worked with Japanese entertainment company Konami, recording commentary samples for the video game Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 alongside BBC pundit Mark Lawrenson.

commentry.bmp

i think the PC pics are gay and look a lil different then on console

if his face is still like that come release then changing his face will be the 1st thing that i'll do.

"sad sack lawrro" Lol! He is a depressing git. But i love him.

Alistair McGowan used to do an awesome characiture of him on the tv... always moaning and sounding that theres no hope!! haha

are there any other links to the OPM review? Rapidshare doesn't like me anymore for some reason.

Nice to see the Teamgeist ball in the Sevilla-Man U video. Actually it's nice to see anything other than that horrible blue demo ball.

Last edited:

We haven't seen any videos that show what the weather effects look like.

That latest "final build" video on the PS3 is a joke. The ball doesn't move like a REAL football. It looks like it is glued to rails on the floor.

Konami, what have you done to the beautiful game!? :(

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

Originally Posted by t_proevo4life
Video of the full version PES2008 - Lyon vs St Etienne - Camp Nou (Thanks carlo[pits])

http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/pro-evolutio...deo-44760.html

ADONIS: i ask again the same question, is this the "ps3 18 months in development beauty in action", or the one you played is a much better version??????

WOW just WOW!

To me thats perfect pace right there, u dont need snail pace football like Fifa otherwise its just plain lame and boring.. Looks f**king tight! :applause:

Last edited:

the difference is subtle but there is defintely improvements in animations, reduction in pace, ball dynamics. I am sure there are also a few new animations from previous demo as well such as the gk.

Just to show that I am not a stubborn PES supporter, I am actually playing fifa08 all the time now and the PES2008 360 demo has not had a look in for a few days now!

wow!! i can´t see inprovemnents!!
for me, the game still has a unreallystic FAST pace...
the passes are very fast!!
specially the long balls!!
i play the demo in 360 ysterday for 4 hours and i really like the new skills... it´s more responsive and the animations is much more beautiful when you are dribling than PES6!!
i love the new way to protect the ball!!! really nice, but:
WTF Konami made with the passes in this game!???
they retired the slow and higher long balls using the R2 (RT in 360)!!!
now, all long balls are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery fast and not higher!!!
totally unrealistic!!!
there´s no way to play a game with long balls to yours center forwards chalenges like most small teams do in real life!!
there is only the traditional fast pace passes way to play!!!
too bad konami!!
we, football lovers want a REAL SIMULATION of the beautiful game!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom