WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

9/10 from opm ,seems there is at last a serious review there,no pes game in the past diserved less than that in my opinion.

apart from the nets, and maybe an issue that only i seem to have (fast players still not getting away from the defender as they should***)......i quite like the 360 demo and only expect to like the ps3 version even more so.

*** anyone remember ronaldo (brazil) on ISS PRO 98 (2nd PSONE pro)????? when ronaldo got goalside there was no catching him - as in real life at the time. i want that back. defending against those players (ronaldo, shevchenko, babangida) became an art form. especially with the old 1-2 function......i'd love this to be reinstated. Really seperates the men from the boys....maybe 2009!

Hmmm it works for me with for example Ronaldinho, C.Ronaldo , Henry....

FFS why is a review biased because it likes the game, seriously over the last few weeks you fifa guys have been droning on and on, leave the thread go back to yours and worship your game they way you want and leave us over here to worship ours

FFS why is a review biased because it likes the game, seriously over the last few weeks you fifa guys have been droning on and on, leave the thread go back to yours and worship your game they way you want and leave us over here to worship ours

Couldn't agree more, everyone has gone FIFA crazy and as soon as PES get's a good score it's like it's a conspiracy against fifa. Well its bullshit PES is a great game despite what the FIFA lovers may think.

Seems there are only a few people left in the forum who believe PES to still be a good game though, its a shame.

I mean you dont see me coming into the FIFA thread and stering it up. No because i respect fifa which is more than i can say for some.

Last edited:

cammey and the rest: ...honestly, about bias or not, I believe that there is an underground feeling of "biasing" and "fanboyism" (I believe it's the first time I ever used this term on a sentence) that is incorrect...

Let's put it this way: a potentially PS3-biased magazine should have nothing to do with scoring high or low a particular game - unless that game is produced by Sony or is a Sony exclusive. Let's be a bit fair and realistic here.

Obviously, we should always take the review scores with a grain of salt - actually, in what concerns review scores, I go the other way around: I take my salt with a grain of review scores :)

What I'm interested in is seeing the score that SAME magazines/web-sites/whatever give to PES and FIFA... If OPM scores PES with a 9, and FIFA with a 10, surely everyone can argue that it is PS biased, but one thing is clear: they prefer FIFA to PES - and they reviewed both titles using the same criteria. And this goes the other way around, if PES gets a 9 and FIFA gets lower.

One can surely argue that the games are not worth 9/8/7, but their relative review scores should be sufficient to let each one of us know what to expect from both games.

Oh, and just to let everyone know my position: PS3 owner, PES player since the SNES, not confortable with 360's pad, don't play FIFA since 99 - even though I try it every year - and the FIFA 08 demo doesn't really make it for me, to be honest. What I'm really looking forward to that game is the Be a Pro mode, but I'm waiting for some reviews.

Right now (as in "when I'm at home"), since PSN doesn't seem to help us, I'm playing the PC demo with the SixAxis (thanks a LOT for the tip, TG ;) ). I didn't get overwhelmed with it, surely, but as every year is the same for me (the "meh", "cool", "f****n' brilliant" PES impression cycle :) ), I'm giving it some time. I'm enjoying it a lot, just not as much as I was hoping to... yet :)

Keep it up - I've been following this thread daily, and I plan on doing so until the 26th October :) Looking forward to the scans, tobi.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Exactly if OPM scores fifa a 10 surely they are biased towards fifa, or are they then conveniently not biased towards any game "the best game just won" of course they wont score fifa 10 and you know it thats why you call it biased, shows how much faith you actually have in fifa doesnt it

Didn't they give Heavenly sword a 7 and Lair a 6? Hardly the stuff of raging fanboys is it?

Lair:

IGN 4.9
Gamespot 4.5

Honestly as i said in the other forum, this is really the crucial game if they wanna sell ps3 in europe. Of course they are gonna rate it 9.

Me feeling: the game is gonna get 7.5-8.5 range, with fifa getting 8.0-9.0 range.

Lair:

IGN 4.9
Gamespot 4.5

Honestly as i said in the other forum, this is really the crucial game if they wanna sell ps3 in europe. Of course they are gonna rate it 9.

Me feeling: the game is gonna get 7.5-8.5 range, with fifa getting 8.0-9.0 range.

:lol::lol::lol: get out

well said, paolo!
one more thing:
Konami (the developing team) seems to ignore wishes/complaints from players, so it's even more important that magazines are strict/unbiased.

For the last years it was common scence in almost any mag/site to bash FIFA and praise PES.
-> FIFA made huge steps forward, PES stagnates(on a high level, though)

So, the infrastructure is definitely in place for a corker of a kickabout but the important thing - that intangible soul - is still frustratingly missing. Nice try, but it looks like it's back to the training ground for another 12 months of hard graft. Maybe next year, eh?

(From fifa CVG review)

says it all really 7.2

I guess the whole worlds against fifa?

Anybody who dismisses Fifa has "Shit" is not a true football video game fan in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom