WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

And according to metacritic.com Fifa 08 received 78 from "Game Informer"

The qoute is: "FIFA 08 is the most playable version of the series yet in the next-gen era--including a cool Superstar-like mode--but ghosts of old gameplay still haunt this release." [Oct 2007, p.110]

So, I think it is clearly possible that some reviewers will actually prefer PES over Fifa this year as well. :-)

How come OPM hasn't reviewed FIFA as yet despite it's release date being so close?

And according to metacritic.com Fifa 08 received 78 from "Game Informer"

The qoute is: "FIFA 08 is the most playable version of the series yet in the next-gen era--including a cool Superstar-like mode--but ghosts of old gameplay still haunt this release." [Oct 2007, p.110]

So, I think it is clearly possible that some reviewers will actually prefer PES over Fifa this year as well. :-)

Very likely reviewers are still gonna like familiar pes more. But i am curious to see how close the gap is this year.

Playstation magazine unbiased.........:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Come on you are not seriuos are you???

In what way shape or form would OPM be more biased towards PES and uposed to FIFA... please.

Niether are affiliated with sony and both are 3rd party.

Thats like saying OPM will give NBA2K8 higher scores than NBA Live 08.

If you put in a sony game like NBA08 you have a point but since it's not your statement is utter crap.

In what way shape or form would OPM be more biased towards PES and uposed to FIFA... please.

Niether are affiliated with sony and both are 3rd party.

Thats like saying OPM will give NBA2K8 higher scores than NBA Live 08.

If you put in a sony game like NBA08 you have a point but since it's not your statement is utter crap.

I did not say they are more biased towards pes or fifa, i just said they are biased in general. They want playstation games to be sold so they overgrade all of them.

The ball physics are so far ahead of PES its not even funny.

Agreed the players dont look as good in fifa, but I thought it was all about gameplay?

wtf are u doing here? go play FIFA08 then, its already out!!

fifa08 is so good that their fans prefer coming here then playing the game :lol:

But they don't as previously stated so that's bollocks.

get any game review and then see the reviews from main web sites and u get: OPM review = other reviews +1 or +2. Simple as that. But i understand you are concerned that this year pes is gonna lose the crown, I personally don't care who is on top as long as they give decent footies games every year.

(btw previously stated is not really an argument is it?)

Last edited:

ive hooked the pics 2 my ps3 so im gonna see if imageshack will work, if it dont work then be wafned cause the pics r big

Thanks for the waFning!

:lmao:\\:o/:applause::lol:

Gomito, I admit that I haven't played to demo yet but from the videos and from what I've heard, I am really, REALLY, looking forward to playing it...

In fact, I have asked for - and received - a day off from work on the 26th of october - just to play this game.

And i have nothing against FIFA what so ever, I just never liked it. But I hope that you'll enjoy it... Why shouldn't I? It'll take nothing away from my experience with PES 2008.

Each to his own, right?

how do u copy n paste using the ps3 pad?

@AIRJOCA please not that again! Ok, when people compare in this forum fifa to pes, i think it's ok. But please no other games i suppose!

Gomito, I admit that I haven't played to demo yet but from the videos and from what I've heard, I am really, REALLY, looking forward to playing it...

In fact, I have asked for - and received - a day off from work on the 26th of october - just to play this game.

And i have nothing against FIFA what so ever, I just never liked it. But I hope that you'll enjoy it... Why shouldn't I? It'll take nothing away from my experience with PES 2008.

Each to his own, right?

mate i agree, i have fucking hated fifa for years, i fucking hated 07 and UCL, i thought they were shit, I loved PES6 on the ps2 but after awhile i hated PES6 on the xbox360, this just looks like a faster version. I really hope the game is great, but im really dissapointed up to this point. Im going to get both, but I am truly hoping in my heart that WE is better, but right now im not so sure... im a WE fanboy to the hilt, im loyal to something that has given me so much joy. So if WE is better, i will be the first to do the ofembi martins backflip.... :) for the first time ever fifa has really impressed me, so here is to the football game wars! BUT BEST OF ALL FOR US CONSUMERS< IF FIFA IS AS GOOD AS PEOPLE ARE SAYING, THEN THIS WILL WAKE UP KONAMI TO STEP IT UP!

write down the link on paper mate :)

:lol: thats too long, i'm on the pc now, pics taken with my phone coming soon...

True Next-Gen:

Check out the animations, collisions, interaction with whats around the court, it's amazing... :)

When I read "Wait till you see it in motion" regarding PES2008, this is what I had in mind...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25078.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25651.html?type=flv

well what truly sucks about how real that is, it just shows you how the NBA has turnend into a playground league.. where is the post moves, the high post, the low post, where are the screens off the ball for the j? I know you can do them in the game, but you rareley see that these days in the nba unless its the spurs or miami..

I just bought FIFA and i (obviously) hope it's great...that will Konami up...

Also from an art perspective, basketball is much easier to recreate styalisticly. In terms of lighting etc. Football is much more subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom