WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

But maybe that is because you are exploiting the game's weaknesses by using cut backs or first time shots.

I think its very easy to score cheap goals in PES but when i play i the most rewarding goals are ones that come from random situations. so i try not the exploit the cutback and passing across goal.

I just played pes6 ps2 and i had to turn it off in comparison to pes2008 i played the PC demo and cant wait to get my hands on the ps3 demo.

I think its all in the way that you aproach the game itself.

I have the opposite, i keep thinking "i know how i am gonna score" in PES and it does not feel rewarding at all anymore.
Okay, I am repetitive, but that should change with teamvision, which learns how you play and adapt to that. So when you have the full version it will be hard again to score :)

Okay, I am repetitive, but that should change with teamvision, which learns how you play and adapt to that. So when you have the full version it will be hard again to score :)

From a couple of early reviews it does not really seem so. But waiting is always a good thing.

Although my fear is that team vision is some sort of EA advertising strategy. Then what i did not get about teamvision, does it happen during a game (which would be an incredibly fast AI adaptability, i mean we play 5 min each half) or it is a thing you see with time after few games, which wouldn't be very real as I would rather have teams playing according to their own style rather than adapting to mine.

Last edited:
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/27/07)

I repeat,
"Team Vision" is saved after each game (like OF since PES4).
On PES5 and PES6 I noticed that after many games CPU copies my moves, CPU doesn't play the same way on my friend's OF. (mine tries lot of volleys and far shots and his makes lot of tackles for example).
The new thing this year is that this new "OF" will counter your style of play and not copy it.
Is that clear?

That's why lot of people hate playing single player mode because of this style copy !! you can preview what the CPU will do because he plays "like" you.

When my friend played some games on my OF (PES6) he said : "Your CPU have a better defending skills as mine" because I'm better than him on defense.
And when I played on his game there was surely a difference. His was trying lot of L1+Triangle (it's my friends style) and hard tackles.

I'm very confident about this new system.

BUT physically I still disapointed because for me this is not Next Gen !

I'll buy it on my PC

From a couple of early reviews it does not really seem so. But waiting is always a good thing.

Although my fear is that team vision is some sort of EA advertising strategy. Then what i did not get about teamvision, does it happen during a game (which would be an incredibly fast AI adaptability, i mean we play 5 min each half) or it is a see you see with time after few games, which wouldn't be very real as I would rather have teams playing according to their own style rather than adapting to mine.
Maybe you are right. It should certainly be there in the ML, wich already takes note about all stats. Maybe in all leagues. It can be a long term feature, which doesn't work in single exhibition-games. Looks like it, according to those reviews you are talking about.

great post chookaldinho...i dont understand where konami got that idea from...i def think some guys from the old konami team that developed the iss series (n64, first ps2 ISS, etc) are now on the team because that appears to be the way the pro series is going. the nets are very similar to that series....i hope this isnt the case.

apart from the nets, and maybe an issue that only i seem to have (fast players still not getting away from the defender as they should***)......i quite like the 360 demo and only expect to like the ps3 version even more so.

*** anyone remember ronaldo (brazil) on ISS PRO 98 (2nd PSONE pro)????? when ronaldo got goalside there was no catching him - as in real life at the time. i want that back. defending against those players (ronaldo, shevchenko, babangida) became an art form. especially with the old 1-2 function......i'd love this to be reinstated. Really seperates the men from the boys....maybe 2009!

Have to say the movement of the vid and everything fits the music perfectly.

Whoever does these intros should also be doing the menus and complete art direction of the game, great stuff!

I repeat,
"Team Vision" is saved after each game (like OF since PES4).
On PES5 and PES6 I noticed that after many games CPU copies my moves, CPU doesn't play the same way on my friend's OF. (mine tries lot of volleys and far shots and his makes lot of tackles for example).
The new thing this year is that this new "OF" will counter your style of play and not copy it.
Is that clear?

That's why lot of people hate playing single player mode because of this style copy !! you can preview what the CPU will do because he plays "like" you.

When my friend played some games on my OF (PES6) he said : "Your CPU have a better defending skills as mine" because I'm better than him on defense.
And when I played on his game there was surely a difference. His was trying lot of L1+Triangle (it's my friends style) and hard tackles.

I'm very confident about this new system.

BUT physically I still disapointed because for me this is not Next Gen !

I'll buy it on my PC
When this is stored in the OF, it will not be such a good thing because of exchanging edited OF's. They seem not to be unique and I hope that will not stop us to distribute edited OF's...

never notice that AI system in pes 4 and 5 honestly, and I played at different friends' houses. Maybe i focus too much on the AI cheating.

I'm a PES fan since ISS on SuperNES (god I'm old )
I left FIFA since FIFA98 Road to WC.
Every year I try the demos to see what the new FIFA or PES can bring.
I have to admit that for me FIFA is the winner this year because of its real NextGen step forward.
So if I can give an advice for those hesitating : Buy PES2008 on PC (because it stills a very good game with good tweaks mixing good things of PES5 and PES6) and buy FIFA08 on Next Gen platforms.

We have this year a true simulation FIFA08 (just want EA to put quality faces and good edit mode)
and on the other hand a false simulation that can become one playing multiplayer mode but not having next gen physics...but it's PES a legendary game so can be always fun to play it.

I completely agree with this, plus I have to say that in my personal experience with both demos, the more I play FIFA the better is the feeling good sensation when scoring. Sending a clear header with Henry to shave the post and score is a real pleasure.

PES is for me more of the same and somehow I know that, even though I still like it, I will get bored quickly and resort to online play. Now if Konami did something to control all those cheaters, that would be okay, but I have felt very frustrated with PES6 and all those laggers and cheater that receive no punishment.

I am not saying that this does not happen at FIFA because as I have said many times, this is the first one for me since FIFA98. Don't know anything about its multiplayer.

never notice that AI system in pes 4 and 5 honestly, and I played at different friends' houses. Maybe i focus too much on the AI cheating.

In general when we go to our friends' houses, it's for multiplayer games :).
But I promise I'm not crazy :)
the copy system is far from perfect (CPU still go on the wings...etc). But if you notice a clear OF and one with many days of play, you'll see that CPU for exemple never try the roulette until you do it. CPU always plays short throw in until you perform it many times. CPU never tries far shots.
But I agree with you CPU still cheat (more on ML than a simple cup or league)

Sony give us 1 decent reason while having the PS3 PES2008 demo not releasing it tonight? From a marketing perspective: we have fifa 08 and xbox360 who are profiting from this delay...!!!

is that a reliable magazine?

sounds like the old nintendo power magazine to me....

Official Playstation Magazine... i mean there is no way they will not give an honest review, afterall why would they need you to buy playstation games... oh wait a minute...

sounds like the old nintendo power magazine to me....

Official Playstation Magazine... i mean there is no way they will not give an honest review, afterall why would they need you to buy playstation games... oh wait a minute...

Didn't they give Heavenly sword a 7 and Lair a 6? Hardly the stuff of raging fanboys is it?

On my PC the game is slower than PES6 and for me it's a good speed.
I enjoyed playing the demo but 9/10 is too high I think because every year I don't care about the graphics but this year there's no real evolution in the graphic engine.
Also I want to say that every player saying that the gameplay is the same is a FIFA fanboy or a noob. It's very different from PES6 but very close physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom