WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

mannn someone needs to bust a cap sony's ass for not rlsing PES2008 demo on PSN this week.

I'm on it! :lol:

I'll be glad to help as well. :mryellow:

Now seriously, is it confirmed that we won't get a PS3 demo tomorrow?

Adonis, if you're about, can you tell us if the PS3 version looked better in the flesh than in those screens? They really do look like a step backwards to PES6.

Last edited:

me too man i m soooooooo disappointed

When i first played the demo i actually liked it but the more i play it the more im disliking it (unlike every previous version where i start by hating the game and then it grows on me then i end up loving it). The passing is doing my head in really. The way they run on the tip of their toes is just weird. PES6 on ps2 looked more relaistic to me :(

[lebanese] mnih fi gheyri hon lebanese yala serna tnen :) [/lebanese]

Damn it, the Demo is acting up on me. I'll play the game on High details, but the next time I start it it will not work with High detail settings. It will tell me my card cannot work with that quality, even though my card is supported and I had just played the game with High settings. I was able to trick it somehow a couple of times by accepting the settings and then going back in and then the "High" settings would be accepted, but now I had to reinstall the game once for it to work, and I haven't restarted the computer or anything since I played it last.

Something fishy is going on.

Ancient drivers probably... :)

Last edited:

When i first played the demo i actually liked it but the more i play it the more im disliking it (unlike every previous version where i start by hating the game and then it grows on me then i end up loving it). The passing is doing my head in really. The way they run on the tip of their toes is just weird. PES6 on ps2 looked more relaistic to me :(

[lebanese] mnih fi gheyri hon lebanese yala serna tnen :) [/lebanese]

habib albe ,akid ma hadan rah yefham chou 3am nektob hala2,by the way men wen 2enta

I think it would like like a bunch of retarded robots trying to catch a chicken while having spastic seizures on 1080.

480p? if ur tv supports 1080i it also supports 720p ( better then 1080i )

1080p? LOL u guys have no clue what ur talking about....not even killzone2 ( the game with best graphics coming for a next gen console) supports 1080p, the game will be at 720p, 1080p is a illusion for todays games, mybe in 4 or 5 years we will see games in true 1080p

if pes2008 says its at 1080p its a lie, everyone can see that the graphics are nothing special.

Last edited:

no. i have an old tv that only supports 1080i, 480p, 480i.
i have already tried 720p and i only see messed up screen.

oh for fucks sake!!! you'd think that from moving from ps2 to ps3, Konami would actually remove the circle pattern from Amsterdam and Stadio Olympico!

That's two less stadiums to play with!

Lazy fucking arseholes!

480p? if ur tv supports 1080i it also supports 720p ( better then 1080i )

1080p? LOL u guys have no clue what ur talking about....not even killzone2 ( the game with best graphics coming for a next gen console) supports 1080p, the game will be at 720p, 1080p is a illusion for todays games, mybe in 4 or 5 years we will see games in true 1080p

if pes2008 says its at 1080p its a lie, everyone can see that the graphics are nothing special.
oh really? Im running Halo 3 at 1080p as we speak.... i wish i knew as much as you

Ummmmm they have pictures of edit mode, but wheres the part for editable kits and crap, wheres the screen for editing grass :(

Cant even see some of the best feautures, always loved PES edit mode, until PES6 360 haha :( Well there wasnt one :D

pes2008 looks atrocious. But anyone like my option file for pes 6?

oh really? Im running Halo 3 at 1080p as we speak.... i wish i knew as much as you

and u really think those graphics are true 1080p? lol its an illusion. even killzone2 running at 720p looks better then halo3

oh for fucks sake!!! you'd think that from moving from ps2 to ps3, Konami would actually remove the circle pattern from Amsterdam and Stadio Olympico!

That's two less stadiums to play with!

Lazy fucking arseholes!

you can edit the grass

I honestly don't care if PES2008 isn't true next-gen. It's good fun to play and once the full version has the bugs ironed out it'll be great to just play some pick up matches. I'll get my Manager Mode/next-gen fix from Fifa once I get a 360.

The game used to be based on some strong fundamentals: great ball physics, great animations/player model and very responsive control scheme. But the core gameplay was very scripted, wisely scripted so that you felt that game gave you a lot of freedom.
Every year their improved the fundamentals by making the game more responsive, better animated and more polish visually, but the fundamental scripting was still there. True they changed other things to make us feel it was a new game, fast/slow pace, hard/soft shooting, supergolies/clumsy golies etc.
But the scripting???? Well it is still there, every year more noticeble after the thousand games we played, every year less hidden by the new animations or the untucked shirts or the pretty faces.Yes the multiplayer and the on line kept the game alive, but without a brand new code and some courage from the developers this game is gonna be relegated to the second of its category. Second and last.

^ nice shot, but he doesnt hit the ball 8) , in pes 6 this is far less noticeable.

looking at the digital signature of the pc demo, it says August 28, i hope this doesnt is the date that the demo was compilated

i had a7600Gs nividia 256Mb on 3,6Gh pentium 4/1,5Gbram, on high details sometimes it plays fluid sometimes frames go down. but not this problems! it seems to be a prob of the game itself! gamepro germany has written that PES6 demonversions are not fluid some times! I hope they fix this!

Does anyone else have this???

On medium the slowdowns are not so strong but you can feel sometimes that it get slower!Same thing happens to some people i know with power Pc's and Nvidia GT8600 with 512Mb! so i think we have to wait till final release! But i will not buy a new Graphic card! 256Mb must be enough!!!

Last edited:

i have the same problem, the most of the time the fps are loked at 60 (in medium settings), and in a moment with no aparent reason they go down bad, so i gues that is only poor coding, and will be fixed for the final release.

^ nice shot, but he doesnt hit the ball 8) , in pes 6 this is far less noticeable.

looking at the digital signature of the pc demo, it says August 28, i hope this doesnt is the date that the demo was compilated

True. I find the animations inconsistent. SOmetimes they seem to use some new animation system where animations always hit the ball, for example when passing, and the leg seems kind of "rubber" in that it bounces off the ball slightly, just like in real life (so the leg is stopped slightly as it hits the ball).

But other animations seem to be ported directly from PES6 (including the shotanimation in my video which was a new animation for PES6), and they are very stiff and inaccurate as you can see.

This inconsistency in animations and such is kind of upsetting, because it feels like they want to implement an idea, yet they only half-ass it. It's like we will now have to wait for 5 years for all animations to have this "rubber" characteristic where it will hit the ball and actually make contact with it.

ftph6.jpg

thumbsucker torres :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom