WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

fuckkkk this i duuno why anyone comments the stadim pitches....but they all look AWFULLL!!!! like 2 year banned cornfields.Crazy yellowish look.
I want some real dark green grass, this better can be edited in the game or im extreemly pissed.

btw only thing that looked nice is this pic......pure legend;)

http://playscope.com/medias/Jeux-Video/PS3/1/5/15578/Screens/0318.jpg

Yeah, up close the graphics look Ace!

It's how they look from afar that doesn't do them justice.

i enjoy playing pes6 ,it keeps me interested until pes 2008 is there,and i am sure pes 2008 does the same for another year,there is always room improvement,but i never get bored with pro evo,unlike most other games.
for me its the best value for money.

:lIs it me or do those 300 odd screens look like upscaled PES6 on ps2??? The Xbox360 demo looks far far better for faces and player detail

Totally underwhelmed. I keep hoping that Konami will "surprise" us at the eleventh hour, but I am just not seeing it. It had bloody play like heaven to make up for the lack of visual finesse:l:l:l

PwN3D

10689940121190824234.gif

(not my vid)

It's a cryin' shame. I had so much anticipation, thinking about times passed where I played PES on the PS1 and had the feelin that it was football. The ups and down, screams and fits...I had high hopes for the next-gen PES, seeing as it was Konami's golden chance at making the "Evolution" evolve again and it was one of the main reasons (if not THE reason ) I bought a PS3. I could cope with previous let downs, but the 15 stadium thing is too much for me. Konami, you have stopped the next-gen Evolution. I am absolutely shattered.

Sorry, had to get this of my chest guys.

Haha ^

Problem is any real humans would have had plenty of time to react that 1 whole second it takes for the ball to travel to the opponent. :)

Stilll nice though.

For me after seeing those screens it downgraded graphically and it went back to pes6 graphics gamplay looks better but nothing groundbreaking

lol awsome link cesarpo
still shows the quality of PES

They forgot to mention that the PC FIFA is last or current-gen and PES PS is "next-gen"

i just wanna say one thing that both pes 2008 and fifa 08 graphics looks old generation to me and the truly next generation game is nba 2k8 so please stop talking about the graphics coz i think we have to wait 3 or 4 years to get the right one
nb:the animations on pse are old generation

The thing is that it takes weeks to create a stadium accurately. And I know what I'm talking about. :)

18 months should prove to be enough weeks.

I agree there should be more than 15 stadiums, actually a lot more, but 80 stadiums sounds like an excessive number. It would be great, but it's quite difficult.

It's pretty hard to model a stadium, texturise ir properly, set the interactions (ball bounces, etc.), place the crowd. This takes a lot of time.

Besides, we all know Konami doesn't have a big staff and the few guys they have are lazy bastards, so what could we expect? :p

Is it me or when we see pics of the bench the guys there aren't following the ball...

The thing is that it takes weeks to create a stadium accurately. And I know what I'm talking about. :)

But surely they still have the stadium models from the old-gen games, couldn't they just add some better textures and put them in the next-gen games?

Not really. The old-gen stadiums are five or six years old, they're pretty basic. :)

mannn someone needs to bust a cap sony's ass for not rlsing PES2008 demo on PSN this week.

by the way konami shouldn tcall it pes 2008,they should call it PES HD

I'm not really keen on buying PES for the first time in how many long years... Konami should realize they can't be lazy.

I'm quite liking PES2008 really. I've seen the AI do some smart things, just wish the ground passes would be a bit harder.

Should last me on the PC till I get a 360 & Fifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom