WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

How many hidden stadiums (puchased in the shop) though, i mean granted its not going to be many but a few perhaps..Wembley?

15 stadiums , well its more than on PS6 Xbox version isnt it ? :-)))))

Hold on a sec, no english stadium......are we getting all the english (fake) teams?? I hope so......

By the way FreMM, i think it is about time to give up the "early build" theory. I mean it is almost october...

Last edited:

do they (Konami) think before they talk? put it into context.

I wish the developers weren't actually Japanese so we could actually get an explanation behind some of their decisions :)

they need more of a european influence

Can anyone confirm whether the full premiership is there (man red for sure), i mean it is fake as usual but still there??? I can't find any screen of that!!!!!!

Still showing screens of the trailers making us believe there were in game was really below the belt konami.

i've played pes since pes1 on ps2 - in fact, bsides metroid prime, res evil 4, zelda and half life2, it's pretty much the only game that didn't underwhelme me for about 5 years. I bought a 360 because the idea of next gen pes stopped me sleeping at night. Ok, it was the first attempt so i let it go and i fooled myself in to thinking it was a little next-gen.

And now this? What the fuck is that?! Did any1 see the replay of the headed goal from inside the goal - what a clue that this is just a ps2 game, put through some bizaare twilight filter that robs the game of any of the soul it ever had.

I'm so glad i like FIFA-it's not perfect, but it feels fresh and when i need a pes fix, i'll play pes4 (£1.50 from CEX). Oh, and i bought a ps3 this year to import the first genuine next gen WE in august, till that changed. And now this! And now this!!

Somehow it seems to have got lost that we actually pay £40 on top of an average of £300 to play these games - is this real? Are konami really saying that this is how powerful the ps3 is - "after 18months, guys, this is the most we could get out of it! We did this for you! How did we do it? Well we're too humble to take the credit - just divine inspiration. And you can bet your ass we didn't forget the penguin suits!"

Anyone remember the Friends episode where Joey lies about being able to dance and has to teach a load of actors for a rehearsal? "People, people, people.......that's the best i could get out of them". Oi Seabass - you better be running!

SORRY - had to get that off my chest!

Shouldn't we atleast have white hart lane and st james park since tottenham and newcastle are licensed? i don't get this.

EHi Adonis throw some lights on this.

I remember the first podcast where u spoke to your contact and he said "you have to see this beauty in action". And i remember the excitement for those screens that turned out to be trailers screens, is this the real beauty in action on the PS3????

i've played pes since pes1 on ps2 - in fact, bsides metroid prime, res evil 4, zelda and half life2, it's pretty much the only game that didn't underwhelme me for about 5 years. I bought a 360 because the idea of next gen pes stopped me sleeping at night. Ok, it was the first attempt so i let it go and i fooled myself in to thinking it was a little next-gen.

And now this? What the fuck is that?! Did any1 see the replay of the headed goal from inside the goal - what a clue that this is just a ps2 game, put through some bizaare twilight filter that robs the game of any of the soul it ever had.

I'm so glad i like FIFA-it's not perfect, but it feels fresh and when i need a pes fix, i'll play pes4 (£1.50 from CEX). Oh, and i bought a ps3 this year to import the first genuine next gen WE in august, till that changed. And now this! And now this!!

Somehow it seems to have got lost that we actually pay £40 on top of an average of £300 to play these games - is this real? Are konami really saying that this is how powerful the ps3 is - "after 18months, guys, this is the most we could get out of it! We did this for you! How did we do it? Well we're too humble to take the credit - just divine inspiration. And you can bet your ass we didn't forget the penguin suits!"

Anyone remember the Friends episode where Joey lies about being able to dance and has to teach a load of actors for a rehearsal? "People, people, people.......that's the best i could get out of them". Oi Seabass - you better be running!

SORRY - had to get that off my chest!

I remember that episode. :)

I just feel more and more depressed. I wish I could find the guys who made the original ISS98 for the N64 and PSX, and get them to take those philosophies and build a game around them.

Manual passing, Manual Longpassing, CURL control, Manual Penalties, Trajectory angle control, juggling, players occasionally slipping when turning too absuptly on really wet grass...

And all so natural we would instantly forget how we sat and pressed the pass-button randomly in PES for so many years, how we had penalty shootouts with blindfolds and won, whilst thinking we were playing a football game and not a "football for 5-year-olds who can only handle a digital pad and hammer buttons without much intention" introduction game.

freMM,you mention your friend from gamemag gunk from belgium,he gives pes 2008 a score off 76%?!
this frank molnar is only mediaclown,he does not like the game off football,he is not a serious reviewer,maybe only for f1 games and other racinggames.
his opinion about pes2008 is worth nothing,only reviewers who spend many hours playing footballgames should review these games.

No Old Trafford or Anfield?

fuck off Konami

Don't worry "Teatro Blanco"(Old Trafford) will be there...

I Guess "Konami stadium" may be editable...What do you think about??

Last edited:

Teatro Blanco is not Old Trafford. It was first developed for PES6 (Xbox360 version) and it looks like a mixture of Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford.

I remember that episode. :)

I just feel more and more depressed. I wish I could find the guys who made the original ISS98 for the N64 and PSX, and get them to take those philosophies and build a game around them.

Manual passing, Manual Longpassing, CURL control, Manual Penalties, Trajectory angle control, juggling, players occasionally slipping when turning too absuptly on really wet grass...

And all so natural we would instantly forget how we sat and pressed the pass-button randomly in PES for so many years, how we had penalty shootouts with blindfolds and won, whilst thinking we were playing a football game and not a "football for 5-year-olds who can only handle a digital pad and hammer buttons without much intention" introduction game.

This came from the heart. nice post.

Teatro Blanco is not Old Trafford. It was first developed for PES6 (Xbox360 version) and it looks like a mixture of Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford.

I don't think so...Do you mean Teatro blanco is a sort of "Fusion" :shock:?!?!?!? Too complicated :lol:

I really was really hoping for a decently made Anfield this year :(

thats what that league struture looked like, unless that was like league b or something and 4 leagues as usual but no promotion relagation like WEJLCC

It is 2 divisions with 20 teams each and promotion/relegation.

I remember Clint Eastwood in Good BAd and Ugly sayingh something like :
I have never seen so many men so much wasting their time ( or something like that ), well I have never seen so wasted 18 months of development in my life .

the st etienne-lyon vid and the hundreds off screenshots reasure me , pes 2008 on ps3 is going to be the best footballgame ever made.
saw screenshots from fc bruges against a team with bold players,those are the unedited players from the emty teamslots,just like in pes6.
this is great news for me,can edit the remaining teams from belgian league now.
i hope there are more than the 18 editable teams in pes6.

the st etienne-lyon vid and the hundreds off screenshots reasure me , pes 2008 on ps3 is going to be the best footballgame ever made.
saw screenshots from fc bruges against a team with bold players,those are the unedited players from the emty teamslots,just like in pes6.
this is great news for me,can edit the remaining teams from belgian league now.
i hope there are more than the 18 editable teams in pes6.

HUH, how does something that plays just like PES6 reassure you. It looks like they have added new animations, but havent fixed any of the issues people have with the game. They neeed a new passing and shooting engine IMO...

HUH, how does something that plays just like PES6 reassure you. It looks like they have added new animations, but havent fixed any of the issues people have with the game. They neeed a new passing and shooting engine IMO...
:| :| :|

Someone's hacked Gomito's account, mods!!

And mind you, some of those animations don't look natural and a bit sluggish. The in-game nou camp looks very similar to a polished ps2 version in terms of graphis/structure as someone else mentioned. Heck, I would be willing to keep PES6's 360 stadiums and nets if I had to. I don't even like the new nets in this version. There is something not right about their animation when the ball slides into a corner on the ground, it just sticks all the way out and stays that way. Not to mention the bad looking pitch..Gameplay looks slightly improved and everything just looks like the same old, same old.

I might pass on this game this year..I will definately wait for all the reviews,screens and videos before I make that choice though.

Last edited:

Jesus, only 15 stadiums?

I hope this is a joke, if not, Konami screwed me...

fuckkkk this i duuno why anyone comments the stadim pitches....but they all look AWFULLL!!!! like 2 year banned cornfields.Crazy yellowish look.
I want some real dark green grass, this better can be edited in the game or im extreemly pissed.

btw only thing that looked nice is this pic......Castolo in AC milan ML quad is pure legend for me:)

0318.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom