WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

gkglitchmf5.jpg

ouch... =x

how do u guys like it im playing it but i cant really tell if i i like it or not cuz its slow on my bad pc so far i kind of like it but somethings like crosses and it seems way to many yellow cards and it dont feel right when i shoot the ball but when i walk around the stadium its much better not like in pes 6 when u just sprinted past everyone also it kind of moves way to fast hopefullyu someone will be able to patch this im sure of it

nets are the same for every stadium I assume after seeing the camp nou video - including the breeze blocks. Not impressed....surely if ever there was a chance for a new football franchise to enter the market it is now....next gen is there for the taking. namco sort your lives out....Football kingdom 2009 is needed.

Is it in the meanwhile official PS3 demo is not coming today?

577223_orig.jpg

-Exhtibition
-Master League
-League
-Cup
-Nеtwork
-Training
-Edit
-Gallеry
-Sеttings

Ok, the more I see the vids, the more I am pissed off. I still thinks it will be fun to play, but:

1) why they slide on grass?
2) They dont even touch the ball while dribling/shootin/passin. God damn.

Well the demo is from an earlier build, so it's possible this may be one reason, hopefully konami can tweak these a little more before release.

I got to say though from what ive played it hasn't been a massive issue so far (pc demo).

what irritates me the most are the rubber tubes which are back in the goals :(

also the nets look the same in every stadium

Not now it depends only of Sony

Maybe they have problem of time because of multilanguage demo?i dont really know the problem...

Last edited:

The goalie gloves are the worst i've seen,like welding gloves..other than that it's great.

My OPM should come 2day but I wont get home till after 1.

PS3 last video gameplay is class. More fluid, slower and close to real football and to what we loved from pes/we series...

Roll on PS3 version!

True there mate, also the ball didnt look to slide along the ground half as much as previously. it has more bounce.

....still the pitch looked like abandoned cornfield :(

Yeah, but remember we have the option to edit the grass type. :)

At least thats what weve heard from thomas' contact.

me too!!!!! Starnge for some to understand but tghis really is a big issue for me...!

for me its a huge thing. i dont want it to be...but it is. I cant stop looking at em!!!

Cant konami just spend 10 mins and replace them with something that actually is used in real life football games. Im not even sure if they are 3d. Whatever the hell they are i want em gone.

Somebody email seabass a picture of what nets are actually attached to...

goalswp1.jpg

vs

crapgoalsow9.jpg

Last edited:

EPG is demonstrating he knows nothing about High Def... Since when has Killzone looked better than H3?

Killzone 2 looks miles better than Halo 3, which is, to be fair, more of a stylistic choice than a, god those graphics are crap choice!

I'm a PES fan since ISS on SuperNES (god I'm old )
I left FIFA since FIFA98 Road to WC.
Every year I try the demos to see what the new FIFA or PES can bring.
I have to admit that for me FIFA is the winner this year because of its real NextGen step forward.
So if I can give an advice for those hesitating : Buy PES2008 on PC (because it stills a very good game with good tweaks mixing good things of PES5 and PES6) and buy FIFA08 on Next Gen platforms.

We have this year a true simulation FIFA08 (just want EA to put quality faces and good edit mode)
and on the other hand a false simulation that can become one playing multiplayer mode but not having next gen physics...but it's PES a legendary game so can be always fun to play it.

For me having now played both i just feel the FIFA whilst being truley next-gen is just a little sterile for me. I still dont get that feel good factor when scoring.

Pes on the other hand still gives me that, (scored a nice free-kick with Ronadinho) seeing the latest PS3 footage reasures me that the game speed has dropped alittle, nearly to the same pace as pes6 ps2. And with a pretty expansive edit mode i can't wait to get in and tailer the game to fit my needs.

For me having now played both i just feel the FIFA whilst being truley next-gen is just a little sterile for me. I still dont get that feel good factor when scoring.

Pes on the other hand still gives me that, (scored a nice free-kick with Ronadinho) seeing the latest PS3 footage reasures me that the game speed has dropped alittle, nearly to the same pace as pes6 ps2. And with a pretty expansive edit mode i can't wait to get in and tailer the game to fit my needs.

I have the opposite, i keep thinking "i know how i am gonna score" in PES and it does not feel rewarding at all anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom