WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

played the pc version looks and plays great the ball feels weighted and doesnt bend as much as the last one so far anyway
would love to get a demo trainer if thats possible to get more match time cause on the highest difficulty it doesnt give you much time to get in the game..

p.s
plays great with all the specs the highest they can go on my pc

nvidia geforce 7600gt
2.5gb RAM
prntium d 945 overclocked 25%:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

no ps3 demo tomorrow?? i cant beleive it..........

i bought two weeks ago my ps3 only for play pes 2008, and no demo in the psn,.......its incredible....i dont understand why sony / konami do that.

no ps3 demo tomorrow?? i cant beleive it..........

i bought two weeks ago my ps3 only for play pes 2008, and no demo in the psn,.......its incredible....i dont understand why sony / konami do that.

Blame Sony. The rep that I chat to sounds as frustrated as some of the people on here.

Hey guys just spoke to a mate of mine, Frank, who hosts a gameshow on Belgian TV called Gunk. He has reviewed the game aswell (PS3) and agrees with the Joypad review.:(
He says it's the same old PES with a few tweaks, some updates but certainly not next-gen. He said it wasn't the full build, but there would be no changes gameplay wise in retail build. They still have to review it for the magazine and he says he will probably give it 76%.:shock:
He also reviewed Assasins Creed btw 94%:shock: At least one game will keep me satisfied then....

Lol dude, as if Frank knows anything about the pes franchise. He is just some dude that got media attention because of big brother and now he hosts a gameshow, wich is more about babes then games. Give me a break.

Assasins Creed isnt worth 94% lol, gameplay is less then expected.

Don't blame me, just informing peeps.

PS; Niet alleen Frank, maar die andere sukkel Raf (die blijkbaar een fan vh eerste uur vh spel is, vond het ook zwaar tegenvallen)

Just a quick note giving MHO of the pes2008 demo (360 obviously).....I have to say much to my surprise I was very impressed - it is exactly what i expected, a graphical update of pes6 ps2...(I know many people expected and hoped for more but after playing the awful 360 pes6 I was expecting much worse than what we have been given!) the game flows at the pace we have grown to love from the pro evo series in my opinion...some have critcized the speed - i think it's perfect. The graphics have impressed me and i think the animations are impressive also. I was open to fifa but having downloaded the demo I have to say it will be pro for me again this year. Although if fifa up the speed, sort the net animations and change the size of the goals (i swear they are too small in relation to the pitch and players!!) I think they will provide real competition. It is a good time for virtual football fans i believe. Cant wait to play it on ps3 (for the pad) as I beleieve the version swill be almost identical...and also for the full game master league, club teams, edit mode etc.! i just hope the have different gioal styles as i hate those white blocks! i have also shown the demo to four other pro evo veterans and they agree it is impressive..so i believe konami will have a success on their hands!! despite those dodgy soft shots that occasionally occur..they are annoying.

In conclusion - after rambling on - for what it is worth..im happy with pes2008 and looking forward to pes2009!! ha ha and fifa 09!! and football kingdom 2009!!;);) im even happy I spent £500 on my ps3 now. This is what i was waiting for!

happiest post ever.:):):):):):):):)

Lol dude, as if Frank knows anything about the pes franchise. He is just some dude that got media attention because of big brother and now he hosts a gameshow, wich is more about babes then games. Give me a break.

Assasins Creed isnt worth 94% lol, gameplay is less then expected.

It is a computer games show though right?

reading evo web on the PS3 is so :8):
anyone know where i can get the Leipzig trailer in MP4 format?

Anyone knows people at eurogamer??? It would be interesting to know what they think about the game.

Is anyone underwhelmed and disappointed by the demo like I am?

Check ur pc specs as well, low spec pc might make the game look feel pretty horrible, but i did not like the 360 version myself.

I'll keep on looking.

I can see it now PES 2008 Eurogamer review 8/10

yes which would be very diplomatic. And same score to Fifa.

Eurogamer tell it how it is.

When do you think they'll review it?

Hey charlie im playing the 360 version. Graphics on the players faces are the best ive seen but the gameplay appears to have gone backwards! plus some of the old problems have re-surfaced.

Hey charlie im playing the 360 version. Graphics on the players faces are the best ive seen but the gameplay appears to have gone backwards! plus some of the old problems have re-surfaced.

what specifically mate? - i really don't see it!......maybe with prolonged play I will notice it...what problems are you having?

When do you think they'll review it?

I think they'll put there review up nearer to the release date, they rearly put up early reviews.

What can i say, i agree. If they gave me pes5 with nice graphics the new animations and no autoside step i would be very happy.

I'll keep on looking.

I can see it now PES 2008 Eurogamer review 8/10

I can see Tom Bramwell giving it 7/10 on Eurogamer. He is a big fan (and good writer) but knowing the game well, I think he will be critical that it hasn't moved forward that much.

Will be interesting to read. They gave Halo 3 10/10 I see.

what was the score of the game in the last video??

I mean that's a credible gol if you are leading 1-0 and it is 5 minutes to go. Wayyyyyyyyyy too much space!!!!!!!!!

And honestly why didn't they keep the old player/running model?? I thought it was very good, this one looks weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom