WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

Does that mean you should get yours before weeks out?

Also any news of teh forums?

I wonder if the PS2 version will be better again.
IGN say FIFA is better on PS2,
I wish I didn't buy a PS3 now.

stadium reminds me of dragao / leipzig zentralstadion. can't think of anything else.

whats the latest folks?

jonestm,belgian dutch opm reviews for fifa 2008 are 69% for ps2,88% for ps3.
they say if your a fifafan its time to buy a ps3.

Can someone give me a link to where I can download the PES 2008 trailer from Leipzig in MP4 format, thanks.

Ok, cool.
I will wait for more reviews.

I might be wrong, but I thought gamespot was owned by CNET which is affiliated to MS?? And that IGN is now owned by Fox (which isn't U.S. biased at all........)

Yes the gave EA bad scores (all well deserved), but in general i have the feeling MS is treated preferentially there in terms of space/attitude.

And Jack, i think that review was made by IGN uk or something like that, in general those country based review are crap and not credible at all. But in general when it comes to football i find the american reviews pretty funky and i don't trust them too much. I would rather see what eurogamer thinks.

It's IGN UK, in this case.

I'm expecting a 12 page review in OPM!

Interesting, 88% for fifa must be unprecedented in this millenium. Finally some competition, very good for us gamers.

One more thing ADONIS: any tip about the japanese version being release later? You think they are boiling something there?????? or it is just pure marketing reason to give some more months between the PS2 club championship and the new ps3 and maybe helping sony for their christmas sells since not much else is on its way for the ps3 this year.

Last edited:

No idea about this stadium ??

stadiumaa5.jpg

mayby -> da luz?

One more thing ADONIS: any tip about the japanese version being release later? You think they are boiling something there?????? or it is just pure marketing reason to give some more months between the PS2 club championship and the new ps3 and maybe helping sony for their christmas sells since not much else is on its way for the ps3 this year.

The Japanese version right now looks exact, but going off previous versions I expect that version to be slower in pace. WE games tend to be much slower than PES games, mainly why me and Suff prefer those versions.

The whole release date thing has to be marketing reasons, although I predict next year will see things go back to normal. You'll have WE2009 released some time in August, with the J-league version released some time in December. This will be for both PS2 & PS3, which really wont please many fans waiting for a specific nextgen version. After talking with Konami they are looking to keep full PS2 support until atleast 2010!

Cheers, it makes sense, more than 100 millions ps2 out there, it would be a suicide not to do that. Plus the wii owners, i guess not much space for next gen. In this sense EA broke that path, straight forward to the next gen and giving some diversity to the wii.

hey adonis...i´m aswell a winning eleven player, whats about the language? we can´t patch the WE series on ps3? multi-language on the WE series?

hey adonis...i´m aswell a winning eleven player, whats about the language? we can´t patch the WE series on ps3? multi-language on the WE series?

No multi language. I guess it will be a case of becoming familiar with the PES layout and transferring that over to the WE games. Thats what Ive been doing for many years.

By the way any reason why the ps3 demo is most likely not gonna be release tomorrow?

Hey guys just spoke to a mate of mine, Frank, who hosts a gameshow on Belgian TV called Gunk. He has reviewed the game aswell (PS3) and agrees with the Joypad review.:(
He says it's the same old PES with a few tweaks, some updates but certainly not next-gen. He said it wasn't the full build, but there would be no changes gameplay wise in retail build. They still have to review it for the magazine and he says he will probably give it 76%.:shock:
He also reviewed Assasins Creed btw 94%:shock: At least one game will keep me satisfied then....

if the pace (speed) of the game is too fast..i can bet PLF will try to tweak the playerstats to a realistic speed....if i look at the stats of the player nearby all ot them have a speeb ability of more than 80? so it´s necessary that we tweak the OF...

i hope so...

Hey guys just spoke to a mate of mine, Frank, who hosts a gameshow on Belgian TV called Gunk. He has reviewed the game aswell (PS3) and agrees with the Joypad review.:(
He says it's the same old PES with a few tweaks, some updates but certainly not next-gen. He said it wasn't the full build, but there would be no changes gameplay wise in retail build. They still have to review it for the magazine and he says he will probably give it 76%.:shock:
He also reviewed Assasins Creed btw 94%:shock: At least one game will keep me satisfied then....

Assasins Creed 94%? the games been consistantly slated since becoming playable, that why you dont see much of it anymore. Interesting to see the scores magazines give it when it comes out.

It might be a bit early, but it seems we might have a new king this year.

Anyway Adonis one more thing: which version u think is the best, the ps2 club championship or the new PS3 one???? Maybe i am a bit of a nostalgic, i still find the graphich desing behind the ps2 much better, i already miss the old pitches.

It might be a bit early, but it seems we might have a new king this year.

Anyway Adonis one more thing: which version u think is the best, the ps2 club championship or the new PS3 one???? Maybe i am a bit of a nostalgic, i still find the graphich desing behind the ps2 much better, i already miss the old pitches.

The latest WE10:CC is the best footy game ever imo.

One thing I loved about PES 2008 is that it lends itself to that version a great deal in certain aspects. When I was playing some of the media on the more recent build it certainly felt like I was playing the latest JL game. To me thats a very good thing.

I wouldn't have believed to buy PS3 to play FIFA. What disappointment.

Adonis, he said AC playability was alot better and the controls were not jerky and random compared to the previous build. There were some problems though like framerate, few bugs and the fact that the controls were very confusing at times. A part from that, top game.

The latest WE10:CC is the best footy game ever imo.

One thing I loved about PES 2008 is that it lends itself to that version a great deal in certain aspects. When I was playing some of the media on the more recent build it certainly felt like I was playing the latest JL game. To me thats a very good thing.

Unfortunately you can't play the WE 10CC on line??? I live abroad, my only mate would be my girlfriend.....which i believe should be kept for other games....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom