WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

To be all honest after playing 9-10 more games I feel disappointed in demo, however I'll leave my final judgements for the full game. For now demo feels like current gen PES game. It isn't bad, but it's not what I'd really like it to be with all this next-gen stuff.

Is anyone using 360 controller on PC demo and using triggers for change player and sprint. ?

I have now found out why im having problems the triggers on controller are unresponsive compared to the RB and LB buttons wtf up with this. :( I cant use these buttons it feels horrible i need to use triggers but they are really unresponsive compared to buttons for me any ideas. ?

It must be they not been optimized right for PC dont remember them on PES 6 on 360 to be this awful.

sanstitre2xk3.jpg

Is he doing the hokey-kokey or something there?

good god i played the 360 demo again and wow it blows. But i trust adonis and suff so i will wait it out.

Sume YouTube videos from me. :)

"Accidental" Nutmeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf2MuqkCStQ

Ronaldinho Deliberate Nutmeg

Check out the goalkeeper's adaptive arm animations, and also the facial expressions and shorts movements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAbXwhTPPmM

Ronaldinho Freekick

Quite long way out, and goalkeepers are finally not superhuman. Had it been a bit more towards the post, it would have gone in. Also note that Ronnie doesn't get as much sidecurl as in previous PES with his FK Style (Almost only Topspin).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smg3yOEWAm4

CPU Attacking Play

The AI plays so much better and smarter than in PES6, after a few hours on TOp Player difficulty I am really enjoying the Singleplayer games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A407RfxsoLw

The AI Dribbling with C. Ronaldo

I swear I was trying to stop him... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON2vWjCnEzo

Another great speed dribble move by the CPU to fool the human player (erm... me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZO1Y6RB2EE

Trance_Allstar are you enjoying the demo so far?

It is growing on me, as I play more and more I notice more and more intelligent plays from the CPU, and I notice how often players like Ronaldo or other skilled midfielders trick me and get past me, not to mention the AI doing some very nice combinations and such.

Freekicks are made easier as it seems, which was my biggest complaint with PES6 (the superhuman goalkeepers in PES6 that shouldn't have passed testing).

And I am also noticing how much more rewarding low-speed R2 dribbling is with players like Kaka and Ronnie. In some situations it is preferable to slow down and use technique, and just being able to do that is a huge step from PES5/6, where the only real thing you could do was to burst past people and hope you sort of got the ball past them. In this PES2008 Demo you can be much more deliberate about where you want to shift the ball when R2-dribbling, and the players will do neat little touches that correspond quite nicely to where you were pressing, all without not being overly responsive or causing the players to do stuff normal humans wouldn't seemingly be able to pull off.

So right now I am positive, although I've seen some Goalie saves where the hand was 15cm from the ball at point of impact and the like.

But if they iron out the little things this will be a very nice title, despite not featuring analog passing or such that I crave so much. :)

Can someone post a video of the nutmeg move in normal game speed? I wanna see if it looks real when its done at normal speed.

Sorry, I don't have a video of that, and since you can't save replays, I would have to pull it off again. I've only done it once so far. ;)

But I can atleast say it looks really nice. :)

I can't wait for the final game! The top players that actually use tricks ex. C. Ronaldo actually do tricks! It's like real life! Konami really should fix that stepover animation though, it looks so dull there is barely any body movement.

Hi guys or girls if there are any, :8):
could anyone care to explain how do i set my shots off the ground in the demo cus every shot im doing goes low.
peace

nice videos

Nice video Trance, but they all confirmed the arcadish nature of the game. Too much space everywhere, too easy to go on the wing, and what are all those wingers doing without any defense.

In the CPU attacking video there are more forwards than defenders which very unrealistic. 2 men free on the right side of the box 2 metres from each other, wtf?????

They made a fun arcadish game, but if you want a football simulation this year the way to go is another for sure. fun vs simulation i always go for simulation, more rewarding in a long term.

P.S.
It would also be about time to get rid of that annoying scripting that the keeper deflections goes right into the head/foot of un unmarked forward. half the gols on line are like that, the other half from cutbacks.

Last edited:

does somebody know if it will be possible to use the old faces from PES6 for PES 2008??
thx in advance

Nice video Trance, but they all confirmed the arcadish nature of the game. Too much space everywhere, too easy to go on the wing, and what are all those wingers doing without any defense.

In the CPU attacking video there are more forwards than defenders which very unrealistic. 2 men free on the right side of the box 2 metres from each other, wtf?????

They made a fun arcadish game, but if you want a football simulation this year the way to go is another for sure. fun vs simulation i always go for simulation, more rewarding in a long term.

That's why playing PES is very enjoyable !
It's very important to set good formations, tactics and man marking !!
You can make this game a simulation by yourself ;)
That's why when I play online, I find lot of noobs playing always the same way, they surely think this game is arcadish.

That's why playing PES is very enjoyable !
It's very important to set good formations, tactics and man marking !!
You can make this game a simulation by yourself ;)
That's why when I play online, I find lot of noobs playing always the same way, they surely think this game is arcadish.

You are talking about 2 different simulation levels.

There is a Strategic/Tactics level of the simulation and a on-field simulation that involves physics and control.

Two different world.

This is looking better and better. Thanks for your (as usual!) great contribution to this thread Trance_Allstar. I really can't wait to buy the full version now!

when do the PSN UK store get updated ? GMT ?

Nice goly own gol on the WENB blog........very realistic as well.

OPM isn't really a good source for scores is it?? Ever heard of "conflict of interest??"

Not got my copy of OPM today, maybe arrive tommorrow.

Also OPM is a very good source for scores, they gave negativeish reviews to Heavenly Sword (7/10) and Lair (6/10) so deffo no conflict of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom