WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

Can someone tell me which buttons do the ronaldo/drogba move on the ps3 pad?

Sweet glad to know it helped :)

I dont have live anymore so cant play 360 version but one thing i am noticing is that:-

Its only a little step up gameplay wise graphically when playing from PES 6 on PC with say Evo Web patch.But cut scenes and close ups are a giant leap the 360/PS3 videos i have seen look way better going into deep comparison. ?

Is this a camera problem or does it look as good on 360 im confused from video the 360/PS3 version models look much better. :/
As you may have read, I succesfully changed the 3d settings thank to you :)
Another question: Why gives the settings-program of PES2008 me only the choice of such low resolutions? 1024x768 is highest but my monitor can do 1600x900
This low resolution does not improve when I choose the 16:9 aspect ratio.
Any idea?

only one question 4 any one played the demo
PES 2008 will work every PC like PES6 ??
i heard some one said that but i want be sure
sorry 4 my bad Eng

You do the drogba move by running diagonally the slowing a tiny bit and pressing R1 90 degrees from where you are running, hard to explain but once you get it its pretty easy

Seems like PC version is even slower then last year's PES 6 PC/PS2 version. Playing on highest settings.

My two cents...

Pluses so far after 3 games:
- Good speed of gameplay, rather slow and fluent. I can defo say it's slower then in Xbox 360 demo vids I've seen so far.
- Faces and models(players/spectators/ref/ball etc.) are superb.
- Cutscenes and replays are good, not superb but still quality.

Minuses:
- Animations are completely last gen. :cry:
- Kits textures aren't really on par with models.

All for now. Wasn't really able to understand anything in particular about gameplay. Thou can't see any signs of CPU cheating that were quite obvious at times in PS2 versions. Have to play more games, but I like it so far. :)

Mostly agree with what you said although there is alot of new animations some new free kick styles also. Also i have noticed that a ton of detail is lost when your are playing games itself looks so much better in cutscenes/replays. Running animations are terrible also there not right for me they gone backwards there.

Im not quite sure if this is a camera with loss of quality because its to far back or not.

Overall i will wait for full game but i still think PES needs a new engine and new life.

Last edited:

As you may have read, I succesfully changed the 3d settings thank to you :)
Another question: Why gives the settings-program of PES2008 me only the choice of such low resolutions? 1024x768 is highest but my monitor can do 1600x900
This low resolution does not improve when I choose the 16:9 aspect ratio.
Any idea?

Its the way the setting system works basically its not your end it what games allowing PES 2008 settings option are screwed.

There might be a way in configs to change but we will have to wait see if anyone knows how to change it. :) I have seen elsewhere people running it at that res though so there got to be a way somehow.

They did it with Fifa 08 pc demo so someone should be able to with PES 2008.

I have a question for you: do you think this is the "18 months in development" next gen game we have been waiting for 2 years, or rather a patched pes6 with great faces???

Cheers

Guys, something very important.

Before you "decide" if the pace of the game if fast or slow, make sure to play the game with very low settings (ie "Low" Quality, 800x600 for example).

I noticed the game slowing down slightly if you use higher detail settings, whilst the "true" tempo is revealed when you lower the graphical settings so that nothing limits the game from outputting the frames as fast as it wants. Unless you tick the "skip frames", the game will effectively go into slow motion with "too" high graphical settings, and the pace is smooth enough to appear to be even and deliberate rather than the hardware struggeling.

Judging from the fastest tempo I noticed, the game does need slowing down. Some passes really zip by in too fast speeds.

Also be sure to play in Widescreen mode when comparing Xbox to PC, since the XBox will seem slower comparably since the widescreen effectively gives you a larger viewing area and thus the ball becomes comparably smaller and "slower".

Last edited:

I have a question for you: do you think this is the "18 months in development" next gen game we have been waiting for 2 years, or rather a patched pes6 with great faces???

Cheers

Have you noticed how no one "bites" anymore?

Have you noticed how no one "bites" anymore?

Indeed, there seems to be some sort of implicit discotent. Qui tacet consentire videtur.....

Btw why on earth they change the running animations?? the new ones really look/feel weird.

Last edited:

Why don't you try your fishing expeditions elsewhere?
You may get more catches.

I have mixed feelings aswell. Graphically I can't complain, at high resolutions with high detail settings the kits glisten, the ball shines and the shorts flap very nicely as you move.

R2 dribbling has been expanded and made very useful.

Yet, the same things still bug me. No manual passing, No manual :circle:-passing. Not even the Right Analog Stick "Manual Pass" is more than 8 directions STILL.

Also I miss some things from PES6, like the snappy control shot animations where you felt like the player really snapped the ball away.

Other things are nice aswell, Collision Detection has been improved. SOmetimes when you see a player being tackled, the foot he is tackled on will "stop" and not go through the opponents foot, and the opponent will push the tackled players leg/whatever in front of him.
Likewise, goalkeepers hands can be seen sometimes being pushed back as a shot hits them. Same with players feet while shooting, rather than a fluid animation that just goes on, the leg now "stops" temporarily as it hits the ball, as if the ball actually has some weight (imo it stops too much, but the principle is very nice).

So some good things are here, but some good things I also miss, and some bad things are the same as always.

Though I would have been much more positive if they would just increase the LOD distance. I don't see the point of having 3D grass when in most cases the draw distance for it is so short the ball is still rolling around on a completely flat green plastic floor.

IMO charlievolano brings some pretty good points to the table - specially the 18months development 'fable'

ignoring the questions that go against the grain is just showing blind ignorance.

I only ignore his questions.
I am only ignorant of his contributions.
I would put him on ignore, but his attempts at starting flame wars are amusing.

The flame wars are only in your mind and in the mind of many of the SS lazio supporters. Thanks god most of those neonazi ended up in jail.

Give me your counterarguments, i am willing to listen.

Guys, something very important.

Before you "decide" if the pace of the game if fast or slow, make sure to play the game with very low settings (ie "Low" Quality, 800x600 for example).

I noticed the game slowing down slightly if you use higher detail settings, whilst the "true" tempo is revealed when you lower the graphical settings so that nothing limits the game from outputting the frames as fast as it wants. Unless you tick the "skip frames", the game will effectively go into slow motion with"too" high graphical settings, and the pace is smooth enough to appear to be even and deliberate rather than the hardware struggeling.

Judging from the fastest tempo I noticed, the game does need slowing down. Some passes really zip by in too fast speeds.

Also be sure to play in Widescreen mode when comparing Xbox to PC, since the XBox will seem slower comparably since the widescreen effectively gives you a larger viewing area and thus the ball becomes comparably smaller and "slower".

What your system specs.

I dont get the game slowing down or going in slow motion its the pace of the players that are slow but its weird because sometimes there legging it. Im using 360 controller so im not sure if there is some conflict somewhere ive adjusted settings and looked at everything its the same thing happening. Just dosnt feel as fast as PS2/360 games ive played and what ive seen of console version i mean i can barely run that fast with C Ronaldo so something up. I cant get my native res either on High settings but when i drop it to medium its there but lose eye candy big time. I should be able to choose Res of 1280 by 1024 on high i dont get why it dosnt have option. ?

Im running Dual Core 4400+ and 7800gtx

I think this could be widescreen thing as im using 4:3 monitor so maybe the pace changes then.

Although i have kinda said ive not liked it the pace is not that bad just want it to feel sharper oh well will be getting game for 360 anyway so dosnt matter.

Last edited:

There's also an adboard for Orange on the penalty pic.

I think the ball in the top left pic is a Puma ball.

screen5kc7.jpg

Last edited:

Hey Thomas, does your contact know if the French teams will have proper goalkeeper kits this year? :p

Well played last saturday about 8 games on the xbox360 from my friend and it was fantastic! Today the PC demo and the more i play the more i see and the better the game is (only 360 plays a lot better, like it more on a console). So..... next thursday... PES come to my PS3 !

Did my best to translate the final paragraph from the Joypad review:

"In brief, even if we realize that Konamis game maintains all of it's essential qualities this year, it seems necessary to underline the fact that it settles for the bare minimum. The series have reached the end of a path, where it will need to look for new possibilities and a clean, precise break from it's PS2 past. It needs to reflect a new way to explore the looks, playability and content that the newest technologies can provide.

Otherwise, the messiah may start to lose it's following...

7/10

Even if it remains a good football game, PES2008 is too "pêchu" (detached? maybe a french guy can help) from it's initial values, and mainly doesn't offer any noticeble evolution. Yellow card..."

I would be interested in reading the full review, anyone????

What your system specs.

I dont get the game slowing down or going in slow motion its the pace of the players that are slow but its weird because sometimes there legging it. Im using 360 controller so im not sure if there is some conflict somewhere ive adjusted settings and looked at everything its the same thing happening. Just dosnt feel as fast as PS2/360 games ive played and what ive seen of console version i mean i can barely run that fast with C Ronaldo so something up. I cant get my native res either on High settings but when i drop it to medium its there but lose eye candy big time. I should be able to choose Res of 1280 by 1024 on high i dont get why it dosnt have option. ?

Im running Dual Core 4400+ and 7800gtx

I think this could be widescreen thing as im using 4:3 monitor so maybe the pace changes then.

Although i have kinda said ive not liked it the pace is not that bad just want it to feel sharper oh well will be getting game for 360 anyway so dosnt matter.

I might not have been clear about it, but this is only a system performance limitation.

I have a 2.85GHz Athlon64 and a 6800GS. Obviously the GPU is in need of upgrade to get all the eyecandy at resonable resolutions. ;)

Just wanted to say it since there might be people out there with "older" rigs atleast that haven't tampered with the settings and thus think the "pace" they get from the game is the default one, when it is in fact only running 50-100% of the actual intended pace.

SO if you are unsure, you can set the quality down alot and play a few minutes just to get an accurate measurement of the true pace, bypassing any potential slowdowns from aging hardware.

If you have a dualcore and a 7800, I'd say you are golden. :)

i heard from some sources that Konami already gave the demo to Sony,its only Sony to decide when to publish it.....so normaly this weeks PSN update should have the DEMO,it is pretty late because they dont break the tradition to rls Demo's but on thursday/friday's PSN update.

i heard from some sources that Konami already gave the demo to Sony,its only Sony to decide when to publish it.....so normaly this weeks PSN update should have the DEMO,it is pretty late because they dont break the tradition to rls Demo's but on thursday/friday's PSN update.

They had better release in on Thursday. Ratchet & Clank week after so makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom