WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

Version tested: PS3. Think they gave FIFA 8/10

Ah, interesting. 1-0 for fifa. But i am sure the mag did not test the final version ADONIS has played, it must surely be a prebuilt, a prebeta, a post alpha, a not gone gold or watered down version.

What's wrong with EA these days, they have made a good nhl game, a good skate game, a good shooter, a decent football game. They must have run out of stupid ideas and bad programming.

If your crowd always looks pixelated, it is porbably because you are not playing on the "high" detail settings in the settings.exe file.

I have a 6800GS, and I am not sure what feature "High" needs that my card doesn't have. Having played the game on the X360, and comparing it, I would say the difference is the crowd resolution, and also maybe some slight lighting effects on the ball or such.

Anyone knows specifically why I can't select "High"? Just curious. :)

That 7/10 score comes from the demo or have they played final version?

Unkown new Stadium
screen8xx1.jpg

Master League
screen9tt5.jpg

is that photo edit image from the ps3 version?

For people who think no face capture in PS3, just look the screenshot ;)

edit : yes EPG

Some low setting screenshots.

Kits texture now without folds

when opm uk review ,28 october is also bad there is a problem,but even then its one persoons opinion.
for me pes2008 is a mustbuy on ps3,and maybe on ps2.
TG said ps2 version pes 2008 was the worst ever say his contact ,i wonder what score joypad gives that 5/10?
if i had a subscriptin on joypad i would cancel it,dont give my money to people with bad taste.

when opm uk review ,28 october is also bad there is a problem,but even then its one persoons opinion.
for me pes2008 is a mustbuy on ps3,and maybe on ps2.
TG said ps2 version pes 2008 was the worst ever say his contact ,i wonder what score joypad gives that 5/10?
if i had a subscriptin on joypad i would cancel it,dont give my money to people with bad taste.

Don't blame the mag, blame the game developers if the game is not up to our expectations.

So TG do you think that mag gives fair reviews or they are biased????

Last edited:

Ah, interesting. 1-0 for fifa. But i am sure the mag did not test the final version ADONIS has played, it must surely be a prebuilt, a prebeta, a post alpha, a not gone gold or watered down version.

What's wrong with EA these days, they have made a good nhl game, a good skate game, a good shooter, a decent football game. They must have run out of stupid ideas and bad programming.

NHL08 has analog "speed" control on players. So simple, so great. Why can't we have this feature on footy, why?

What do people use to make vids of pesreplays? Ive just scoerd a cracker and would love to share it :D

Hey...

My 6800GS has 256MB VRAM, shader model 3.0 support. Why won't "High" mode work?

Technically it should work, so why won't it? I wonder if there is a way to force "High" quality mode with some .ini file or such.

Great post, Bingham67. Running full screen on now with x8 AA and x4 Antistropic on.

Sweet glad to know it helped :)

I dont have live anymore so cant play 360 version but one thing i am noticing is that:-

Its only a little step up gameplay wise graphically when playing from PES 6 on PC with say Evo Web patch.But cut scenes and close ups are a giant leap the 360/PS3 videos i have seen look way better going into deep comparison. ?

Is this a camera problem or does it look as good on 360 im confused from video the 360/PS3 version models look much better. :/

What do people use to make vids of pesreplays? Ive just scoerd a cracker and would love to share it :D

Fraps is the most common I would say. :)

I don't think you need to re-start PES either, just installing Fraps and starting it should give you the ability to record.

I hope that both the IGN review and the Joypad one are crap and based on unfinished versions.

They have to ship millions of copies worldwide, it must be a huge thing, so the game must be going gold pretty much right now. So i guess things can't be very different.

p.s.

I checked a couple of italian forum, one spanish and soccergaming.tv. In general people seem rather disappointed. i guess that french mag isn't so biased after all.

Last edited:

Yeah, I take it back. For some reason I could suddenly set it to "High". Before that I got a message saying something to the affect of "Cannot select this mode due to video card not adequate". But suddenly I could (I messed a bit with the different options. :)

Seems like PC version is even slower then last year's PES 6 PC/PS2 version. Playing on highest settings.

My two cents...

Pluses so far after 3 games:
- Good speed of gameplay, rather slow and fluent. I can defo say it's slower then in Xbox 360 demo vids I've seen so far.
- Faces and models(players/spectators/ref/ball etc.) are superb.
- Cutscenes and replays are good, not superb but still quality.

Minuses:
- Animations are completely last gen. :cry:
- Kits textures aren't really on par with models.

All for now. Wasn't really able to understand anything in particular about gameplay. Thou can't see any signs of CPU cheating that were quite obvious at times in PS2 versions. Have to play more games, but I like it so far. :)

The only thing i cant stomach so far is the goalkeepers, so easy to beat, far too easy to beat, besides that things are top notch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom