WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

Amen to that 600euros down the toilet cause I thought Konami would give me a next-gen footy experience..Never thought I'd say it but FIFA is looking tempting..

Amen to that 600euros down the toilet cause I thought Konami would give me a next-gen footy experience..Never thought I'd say it but FIFA is looking tempting..

Tempting yes until you realise its just as bad as last years.

You're right Punzz, FIFA is no good either gameplay wise, but they have tried to make use of next-gen machines and I cannot see this in PES tbh. Honest to god, I don't know why Konami even dare to call this next-gen

Why is C.Ronaldo constantly controlling the ball with his left foot whilst he runs? His running animation is terrible as well

Hopefully people realise I'm not someone who lies, and I've said before that PES as a whole is one of the most bug-free series' out there, but I've had that happen to me in several PES games. In-fact I've reminisced about it within the last month or two.

EDIT: Here you go, from September last year (click the blue arrow in the post to be taken directly to it)...

For a video of what I'm talking about in my first line...

How sick is that.

LOL That is funny, I cant remember something that bad happening, well if it did it was like once per version if that!

I would of creased up if that happened to me and carry on probs.

Cause his right foot got injured whilst diving:lol:

Is it me or:

1) I can't play it full screen
2) It is set at 30 fps
3) Graphics quality is embarassing, i already regret the old pitches
4) Running animations embarassing
5) Button configuration is the 360 one

What the hell happened to this game? I almost can't believe they release this shit.

Is it me or:

Is that because of the graphics? I'm having the same problem if thats the case. Full screen (graphics wise) doesn't cut it for me on my PC. Its all bitty, jadged. I hope theres a Anti Aliasing feature in the full game but i doubt it. I've got a 7900 Nvidia card too which isnt that bad is it?

Is it me or:

2) It is set at 30 fps
3) Graphics quality is embarassing, i already regret the old pitches
4) Running animations embarassing
5) Button configuration is the 360 one

What the hell happened to this game? I almost can't believe they release this shit.

Things are going in a deadly way...

Wow tereffic demo; 8800GTS runs game at 60 fps, fantastic controles (i have a 360 controler on my pc). Marvelous to play it untill next thursday when things (PS3) even get better!

LOVE KONAMI

I agree with all your points however, its not set at 30 FPS. Its set at around 60.

Do you reckon people will be able to revamp the pitches in anyway? The editing community is so good at rebuilding the whole game :]

I have a XFX 7950 GX2 Quad SLI Graphics Card and it still looks jaggy and so "1999".

I have a XFX 7950 GX2 Quad SLI Graphics Card and it still looks jaggy and so "1999".

Does it smoothen out when you switch to window mode? Mine seems to. I hope i'm not going to have to play the full version in this mode, heh

It does. And the framerate seems to be a little iffy aswell

Then my pc can't really take it. So i suspend the judgment on this one since i can't run it decently. Still running animations are weird.

I have the same graphics card as Hullybull and like him I have a 60FPS experience and in full screen.
So that sounds like some of you indeed have a hardware-problem with this game...

The crowd is an example of next-gen programming at its very best! But why oh why would someone pause the game and inspect the crowd? This won't affect gameplay in any way.

Eventually i managed to get it right, full screen 60 fps.

I think things have gone wrong CONCEPTUALLY:

Pes5 got it right: in modern football there is a lot of pressure, defense are high and especially when the game is a draw it is very difficult to find spaces.
Great teams rely heavily on set plays (free kicks corners and some teams penalties.....) and on great forwards, not the ones running only into space and offside all the time, but the ones doing the hard job of keeping the ball and stretching the defense, giving space to the other midfielders and wingers.

This pes 2008 is a one way direction game, you push forward and there is always plenty of space on the wing, most forwards just attack linearly.

I think regardless of its merits and flaws, there is a fundamentally wrong conceptual vision of the game.

Maybe that will be fixed by Teamvision in the retail build?

Pes5 got it right: in modern football there is a lot of pressure, defense are high and especially when the game is a draw it is very difficult to find spaces.
Great teams rely heavily on set plays (free kicks corners and some teams penalties.....) and on great forwards, not the ones running only into space and offside all the time, but the ones doing the hard job of keeping the ball and stretching the defense, giving space to the other midfielders and wingers.

This pes 2008 is a one way direction game, you push forward and there is always plenty of space on the wing, most forwards just attack linearly.

I think regardless of its merits and flaws, there is a fundamentally wrong conceptual vision of the game.

Nice post Charlie, I agree.

No it always shows that control. A cheap port, they did not even bother. And lucky you, since my pc is low spec I don't see the crowd at all.....well actually better an empty stadium that having a 4 pixel crowd.

One of my goals

sanstitre1wb2.jpg

sanstitre2xk3.jpg

sanstitre3zh6.jpg

sanstitre4tg1.jpg

You might find it surprisingly, but I agree with you on this part of your post ;)
Yesterday I made my list from PES-versions overhere and PES 5 was on top of it.

It depends. If Teamvision will not take care of this part, I agree with you.
The point is that Konami themselves told us in one of the first introductions of TeamVision that it WILL take care of limited strategies, like going along the wings all the time. They even gave this particular part as their example.
So hopefully these good things of PES 5 will be implemented in teamvision :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom