WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

I'm sorry but those videos look horrible. Adriano would never hit it like that, and why is he floating? Plus the running looks terrible in slow motion.

Yeah they look really bad, can you show me a game that looks better?

Adriano could be hitting it like that, why wouldnt he?

Read my thing about the collision detection, its really complex to program this correctly.
Every game floats when you zoom in.
I agree it could be better in pes but it doesnt affect gameplay so big deal.

bah I shouldnt even reply to people like you.

The game looks more and more amazing I can tell you that

Last edited:

The ball wasnt even in the goal.

???

Exactly just proves that the demo is no where near the final game. When has PES had that big a bug in the final game.

There is hope

Exactly just proves that the demo is no where near the final game. When has PES had that big a bug in the final game.

There is hope

Never!

There is hope

this is a next-gen bug thats why never happened before.

Impossible to download right now. If konami only care a little, maybe they could put the demo in some official web sites.

I'm sorry but those videos look horrible. Adriano would never hit it like that, and why is he floating? Plus the running looks terrible in slow motion.

then dont buy the game. I will.

@Seraphs21: Well I suppose that would do it, but I am a PES fan and would like to be able to discard bullish, childish posts to find out those couple of posts by thread page that actually have info and opinion about the game... :)

I have played this game since I jumped the ship with FIFA 99, and I have never seen this programming errors at Pro Evo.

This year, gameplay has been tweaked again, facial animations have been added and a couple animations are different (some of them like the running one, worse than before, IMO)... Teamvision should be the one great reason to buy this game, but I have yet to see how the computer learns about my moves, well maybe It is not in the demo, but how can be one of your strongest selling poinst out of the demo??? Makes no sense.

Anyhow, I like the game, It grows on you the more you play it. But IMHO, It is only because I liked all previous versions, and this is more of the same old...

Now that would be okay if the game was as polished as other years', but that is not the case.

There are not only big collision detection errors (which they have said at Konami were one of the vast improvements over previous years), there are also big clipping errors (player hands dissapearing into their own bodies, etc.). Most of us have seen that Youtube video where the blue ball goes trhough the keepers head (indeed, It "becomes" the keepers' head for a milisecond..). And I have also seen many videos where players don't touch the ball when shooting.

Collision detection may be difficult to implement, but then again that is the reason why developers always implement it with some "extra inches" from the objects, otherwise they look as silly as the fact that a ball could never go through a body. It's preferrable to have a "force field" than to totally screw the gameplay. And this demo, in this regard, is as laughable as previous years' FIFA series, demo or not.

I have played lots of replays of FIFA 08, examining how players contact the ball and if it is realistic enough, and believe me, this year they have done it much better than Konami. I have seen a replay of Rooney shooting at goal, and the ball's shadow appeared on his boot when the ball was getting close. Contact was perfect, and so was the speed and direction change.

This is not to say that FIFA is so much better than PES. This is not to say I don't like PES this year. This is not to say that I prefer FIFA. It is to say that PES is not as good this year as It has been on previous versions. And I think that we all should stop showing Konami that we'll swallow everything they throw at us, for them to stop tweaking the very same formula again and again, and eventually reinvent themselves and make something as earth-shattering as PES1 was.

Both games have their flaws, but the main difference this year is that PES "does have" bugs. Now I sincerely hope that they have fixed all those problems before release, as I also hope that EA fixes their own big bag of bugs, but I am afraid that sometimes we hope too much....

@Seraphs21: Well I suppose that would do it, but I am a PES fan and would like to be able to discard bullish, childish posts to find out those couple of posts by thread page that actually have info and opinion about the game... :)

I have played this game since I jumped the ship with FIFA 99, and I have never seen this programming errors at Pro Evo.

This year, gameplay has been tweaked again, facial animations have been added and a couple animations are different (some of them like the running one, worse than before, IMO)... Teamvision should be the one great reason to buy this game, but I have yet to see how the computer learns about my moves, well maybe It is not in the demo, but how can be one of your strongest selling poinst out of the demo??? Makes no sense.

Anyhow, I like the game, It grows on you the more you play it. But IMHO, It is only because I liked all previous versions, and this is more of the same old...

Now that would be okay if the game was as polished as other years', but that is not the case.

There are not only big collision detection errors (which they have said at Konami were one of the vast improvements over previous years), there are also big clipping errors (player hands dissapearing into their own bodies, etc.). Most of us have seen that Youtube video where the blue ball goes trhough the keepers head (indeed, It "becomes" the keepers' head for a milisecond..). And I have also seen many videos where players don't touch the ball when shooting.

Collision detection may be difficult to implement, but then again that is the reason why developers always implement it with some "extra inches" from the objects, otherwise they look as silly as the fact that a ball could never go through a body. It's preferrable to have a "force field" than to totally screw the gameplay. And this demo, in this regard, is as laughable as previous years' FIFA series, demo or not.

I have played lots of replays of FIFA 08, examining how players contact the ball and if it is realistic enough, and believe me, this year they have done it much better than Konami. I have seen a replay of Rooney shooting at goal, and the ball's shadow appeared on his boot when the ball was getting close. Contact was perfect, and so was the speed and direction change.

This is not to say that FIFA is so much better than PES. This is not to say I don't like PES this year. This is not to say that I prefer FIFA. It is to say that PES is not as good this year as It has been on previous versions. And I think that we all should stop showing Konami that we'll swallow everything they throw at us, for them to stop tweaking the very same formula again and again, and eventually reinvent themselves and make something as earth-shattering as PES1 was.

Both games have their flaws, but the main difference this year is that PES "does have" bugs. Now I sincerely hope that they have fixed all those problems before release, as I also hope that EA fixes their own big bag of bugs, but I am afraid that sometimes we hope too much....

Great post mate. :applause:

good objective story, but fifa 08 is not fun to play.

good objective story, but fifa 08 is not fun to play.

Well that's another story and heavily depends on individuals. It is not objective, but subjective.

To me it has been fun to play the demo, because of the innovations in tactics, gameplay, pace. But I like the direct, full attack style of PES08 as well.

Well that's another story and heavily depends on individuals. It is not objective, but subjective.

To me it has been fun to play the demo, because of the innovations in tactics, gameplay, pace. But I like the direct, full attack style of PES08 as well.

me saying fifa 08 isn't fun to play is ofcourse my opinion and so subjective.

I think it is funny how things change. Once upon a time fifa fans would say pes is not fun to play and pesfans would respond "learn to play the game it is a simulation".

Things have changed upside down. What an ironic thing.

Anyway I am downloading the pc demo, in a couple of hours some comments.

Anyone played it yet??? any differece with the arcadish 360 one??

Sunwong, so you wanted to be banned? I say just dont enter the thread, but then you still return, why is that? you didnt really want to be banned did you haha :)

Shockingly enough one of my fifa mates, he loved it, preffered it, he made the mistake haha of saying he preffered fifa one day before footy at mine, the comments he got from the team haha, but still that was with PES6 and Fifa 07, so this is all new, peoples opinions may change, anyway he came up to me today, and said Fifa is shite, I asked how did he get it, and ofcouse, he got it from his uncle who owns a shop, but I was kinda shocked cause he was a big fifa fan, he even stated that gonna have to look into PES haha.

Although its weird, me and another mate are getting Fifa friday, and we were both mainly PES players :)

Arewell I will have to ask him why he didnt like it, or if he would give it to me early :P

Sunwong, so you wanted to be banned? I say just dont enter the thread, but then you still return, why is that? you didnt really want to be banned did you haha :)
He's like me, he doesn't want to be seen losing it completely and screaming at someone when they say "if you like FIFA all you want is tricks and you have the mind of a 3-year-old". I would rather be banned from one thread than banned from the entire forum.

People can have their opinion, I respect guys like hullybul who strongly dislike FIFA but don't have to resort to personal insults and lies. I don't care what game you want to play, but prejudice does my nut in. I'm vegetarian, does that make me stupid as well? You would think the average age of posters is 84 judging by how sickeningly old-fashioned their comments are, but unfortunately it's about 13. I hope I die before they get positions of power and start bombing Vegetarianland because "they're pussiez lol".

JB you have no time to post in this thread today mate!!! :mryellow: Don't waste your time!

He's like me, he doesn't want to be seen losing it completely and screaming at someone when they say "if you like FIFA all you want is tricks and you have the mind of a 3-year-old". I would rather be banned from one thread than banned from the entire forum.

People can have their opinion, I respect guys like hullybul who strongly dislike FIFA but don't have to resort to personal insults and lies. I don't care what game you want to play, but prejudice does my nut in. I'm vegetarian, does that make me stupid as well? You would think the average age of posters is 84 judging by how sickeningly old-fashioned their comments are, but unfortunately it's about 13. I hope I die before they get positions of power and start bombing Vegetarianland because "they're pussiez lol".
STEAK AND CHIPS...Umm luuuurvly.:lmao:

where is the ps3 demo men???? please.!!!
See http://www.winningelevenblog.com/
I did play it. It is a port from the Xbox360 version, according to the settings-program ( used the buttons of the 360 controller ).
If you think the 360 version is too fast, well, the PC version is even faster :D
On my system anyway. I have a dual-core processor and a 8600 GTS card.

Well it is a big demo. Mines got 2 mins to go before i actually install it. Check back in an hour may be :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom