WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

See http://www.winningelevenblog.com/
I did play it. It is a port from the Xbox360 version, according to the settings-program ( used the buttons of the 360 controller ).
If you think the 360 version is too fast, well, the PC version is even faster :D
On my system anyway. I have a dual-core processor and a 8600 GTS card.

Please some more comments, especially how easy it is defende and the cutback issue and the usual passing/shooting. Any difference with the 360 or only a cheap port?

It is only a cheap port: Exactly the same, apart from the speed, which is faster by me.

He's like me, he doesn't want to be seen losing it completely and screaming at someone when they say "if you like FIFA all you want is tricks and you have the mind of a 3-year-old". I would rather be banned from one thread than banned from the entire forum.

People can have their opinion, I respect guys like hullybul who strongly dislike FIFA but don't have to resort to personal insults and lies. I don't care what game you want to play, but prejudice does my nut in. I'm vegetarian, does that make me stupid as well? You would think the average age of posters is 84 judging by how sickeningly old-fashioned their comments are, but unfortunately it's about 13. I hope I die before they get positions of power and start bombing Vegetarianland because "they're pussiez lol".

Agree again... :)

Seraphs, my request was the result of reading some of the posts here bashing FIFA and implicitly (sorry if mispelled..) treating the community behind it as fools, retarded, etc.

I want to be able to come here and explain my point, and most of the time, what I post might make sense as I have almost never been bashed by the respectable people in the thread (like you, Trance, Tobi, and others)... but we all know very well that the number of members whose mental age is not the same as the physical (whatever it may be) is growing steadily.

I don't want anyone to agree with me, I want the very same respect I show to others, that is it.

It is only a cheap port: Exactly the same, apart from the speed, which is faster by me.

Uhm interesting. So now we'll have to wait for the ps3 version and hope it is the best, although i am not gonna spend 600 euros to play a footie game. I think i'll stick to pc/360, better games overall.

Well I'm dissapointed in the game...Cheap port, nothing new compared to the XBox version and even faster..And IMO it doesn't play that smooth either...I'm gutted. Can't see the PS3 demo being better or different..

He's like me, he doesn't want to be seen losing it completely and screaming at someone when they say "if you like FIFA all you want is tricks and you have the mind of a 3-year-old". I would rather be banned from one thread than banned from the entire forum.

People can have their opinion, I respect guys like hullybul who strongly dislike FIFA but don't have to resort to personal insults and lies. I don't care what game you want to play, but prejudice does my nut in. I'm vegetarian, does that make me stupid as well? You would think the average age of posters is 84 judging by how sickeningly old-fashioned their comments are, but unfortunately it's about 13. I hope I die before they get positions of power and start bombing Vegetarianland because "they're pussiez lol".

Meh I would just not go on the thread, or just not take comments about a game too personally, well not enough to worry myself about. But then again my interest in games have deeply gone down in the past year dunno why, so guess im more mellow when it comes to this due to that. But actually, its true what you say about some members, some of the people here are so pathetic well not that harsh but similar :) Its like they are on auto message or programmed like a droid to anti comment you, like pes is great its untouchable fifa is the pooness :) Even though its their opinion, its not shared in a respectable manner, in which the forum is lack laster as far as I have seen.

And about being vegetarian could make you stupid ;), red meat has b12, you gotta have your b12 :D Now im hungry :(

Last edited:

Running animations are very robotic tbh.

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

The speed seems fine to me. I'd say about 10% faster than PES6 on the PC. Not sure what you guys see. May be you got the wrong HZ setting on your monitor? :P

I wish the running animations were more fluid and realistic. Thats my only major concern so far. Oh well, always next year i suppose :(

7/10... that's even less than the FIFA review at IGN :D
I don't read French; is there something new in the article, Thomas?

Well should be touched up in final game? as tbh I have never noticed a bug on PES in the final game anyway.

The speed seems fine to me. I'd say about 10% faster than PES6 on the PC. Not sure what you guys see. May be you got the wrong HZ setting on your monitor? :P
I have a Syncmaster 206BW widescreen monitor, but the players were not streched in any way, in which case it probably would be too fast.

I'm a bit annoyed at the lack of resolutions. 1024 isn't sharp enough. 1280 isnt sharp enough either after moving my monitor around. However 1024 in a window is perfect. hmmm :/

I was hoping for 1152x864 which is my resolution

Well should be touched up in final game? as tbh I have never noticed a bug on PES in the final game anyway.
Hopefully people realise I'm not someone who lies, and I've said before that PES as a whole is one of the most bug-free series' out there, but I've had that happen to me in several PES games. In-fact I've reminisced about it within the last month or two.

EDIT: Here you go, from September last year (click the blue arrow in the post to be taken directly to it)...

The ball bouncing off the line as if it hit the post isn't even funny. If that happened to me, I don't know how I could play the game again, that is disgusting.

Saying that, I had one where the opposition's shot went through my goalkeeper's body, straight through the middle of his torso, and into the net. Five minutes later I had a shot that their keeper saved, with the ball going straight through the back of the crossbar and out for a corner. They must have been testing a new prototype ghost-ball or something.

For a video of what I'm talking about in my first line...

How sick is that.

Last edited:

Body, shirt, arms, hands are not so good.

Last edited:

Not so next-gen, faces are quality, everything else is lacking in quality

Hopefully people realise I'm not someone who lies, and I've said before that PES as a whole is one of the most bug-free series' out there, but I've had that happen to me in several PES games. In-fact I've reminisced about it within the last month or two.

EDIT: Here you go, from September last year (click the blue arrow in the post to be taken directly to it)...

For a video of what I'm talking about in my first line...

How sick is that.

Weird. That's what happens when Spurs try and score at Old Trafford too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom