WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/25/07)

Right people with PC demo if your getting any tearing in game you need to go into control panel settings and force V Sync on for game EXE. Also you need to do this on settings in the game or it wont work properly.

Also crank up the AF to 16x and change the brightness in the system settings colour adjustment.

My Colour Adjustment is as follows:-

R 0

G +2

B 0

Brightness +3

It runs like a dream and im on Dual core 4400+ and 7800gtx.

As for gameplay there is alot of new animations i have played quite few games and havnt noticed that big difference from PES 6. Granted i havnt played 360 version but it appears slower to me then it is from videos i have seen of 360 game.

Im going to be hammering it some more but will be making full judgment when i have full game. :)

Let's wait and see about teamvision then. I guess the PS3 version is gonna be the queen once again, for sure the pc version is the less developed.

Nice!

Were you using the Xbox 360 controller or just a standard PC pad?

I remember the old PES games on PC had PlayStation button symbols.

Right people with PC demo if your getting any tearing in game you need to go into control panel settings and force V Sync on for game EXE.
What do you mean with "tearing"?
Mine runs too fast, can I do something about that with these settings?

Seems like everyone will be using Sixaxis/DualShock 3 to control PC games in a few years...

or the 360 pad, seems like Logitec have some competition now :P

i think we need a statement from adonis and thomas...since 45 pages i read only dissapointments from this game, whats wrong ?

i think about to cancel the pre-order...dam

What do you mean with "tearing"?
Mine runs too fast, can I do something about that with these settings?

In the game it kind like breaks up picture known again because V Sync is not enabled in the main settings.

Are you running latest drivers ? you need to goto

If using XP

* Right click desktop properties then settings

* Then click advanced then you card name for example 7800gtx or yours will be 8800.

* Then click start Nvidia Control panel and goto "Adjust image settings with preview"

* Click use advanced 3D settings and to the right click take me there.

* Then click program settings and click add then add PES 2008.exe from Konami folder in program files

* Then in bottom box you can specify settings you want to change Anistropic Filtering which is the first one there to 16x then Vertical Sync at the bottom to on and your done. :)

I hope you can understand it is complicated as for speed i have no idea seems slow to me when looking at the console game.

People are saying looks way better then 360 version if you crank setting on PC up but now it looks as decent and for me runs fine bit of dip on cut scenes though framerate wise.

PS. Adjust colour aswell as posted before and can make the grass much more green then it is at moment also.

Last edited:

i think we need a statement from adonis and thomas...since 45 pages i read only dissapointments from this game, whats wrong ?

Download the game and play it for yourself that' s why they give us demos.

Did my best to translate the final paragraph from the Joypad review:

"In brief, even if we realize that Konamis game maintains all of it's essential qualities this year, it seems necessary to underline the fact that it settles for the bare minimum. The series have reached the end of a path, where it will need to look for new possibilities and a clean, precise break from it's PS2 past. It needs to reflect a new way to explore the looks, playability and content that the newest technologies can provide.

Otherwise, the messiah may start to lose it's following...

7/10

Even if it remains a good football game, PES2008 is too "pêchu" (detached? maybe a french guy can help) from it's initial values, and mainly doesn't offer any noticeble evolution. Yellow card..."

Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

New scans Joypad (thanks Greco29)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1C562M42

The screens

France vs Ireland (Cocacola and Vodafone adboards)
screen1bg2.jpg

C.Ronaldo vs England, OffSide at San Siro (nice grass), Totti vs Valdes, training
screen2px0.jpg

A real Dinamo Zagreb fan, Robinho vs Sergio Ramos
screen3uc3.jpg

Kaka'
screen4bu5.jpg

PK
screen5kc7.jpg

Henry do Drogba move
screen6zk8.jpg

PSG vs Fener
screen7gg1.jpg

I also would like any of you to commment on the overall visual quality of the game. I have always thought that despite many critics, the design and color palette chosen for the PS2 games was excellent. Maybe the color palette and the cartoony feeling was not real, but the game had its own unique character and individuality. I always downloaded patches and always went back to the original.

I feel with this Next Gen version the old design has been lost and new one is neither realistic nor it has any strong flavour. It just feels like a bad mix.

Great post, Bingham67. Running full screen on now with x8 AA and x4 Antistropic on.

twoodster if use zoom, some times crowd not 3d. 2d low-res. becouse unreal creat full stadiums with real 3d fans.

twoodster if use zoom, some times crowd not 3d. 2d low-res. becouse unreal creat full stadiums with real 3d fans.

They always look like that on mine! Been playing on it the last few hours.

twoodster i playing few days in xbox version same mix :) playing with camera in replay mode.

7/10 what version????

Uhm interesting, it is an unusually low score for pes. And how did they review fifa 08 xbox360???

STATEMENT: nicest footy ever!

In the game it kind like breaks up picture known again because V Sync is not enabled in the main settings.

Are you running latest drivers ? you need to goto

If using XP

* Right click desktop properties then settings

* Then click advanced then you card name for example 7800gtx or yours will be 8800.

* Then click start Nvidia Control panel and goto "Adjust image settings with preview"

* Click use advanced 3D settings and to the right click take me there.

* Then click program settings and click add then add PES 2008.exe from Konami folder in program files

* Then in bottom box you can specify settings you want to change Anistropic Filtering which is the first one there to 16x then Vertical Sync at the bottom to on and your done. :)

I hope you can understand it is complicated as for speed i have no idea seems slow to me when looking at the console game.

People are saying looks way better then 360 version if you crank setting on PC up but now it looks as decent and for me runs fine bit of dip on cut scenes though framerate wise.

PS. Adjust colour aswell as posted before and can make the grass much more green then it is at moment also.
I did understand it and it works fine :)
Thanks very much :)

7/10 what version????

Uhm interesting, it is an unusually low score for pes. And how did they review fifa 08 xbox360???

Version tested: PS3. Think they gave FIFA 8/10

Edit: I'm kinda disappointed because I used to buy that magazine years ago, and usually their reviews were pretty good.

One thing I read in the review that I could relate to, is the fact that the gameplay carries on from PES, the things that you now do automatically, like goind down the wing, cutback pass, first time shot in the opposite corner, goal. And the fact that any newbie can do this.

PES has become sort of automatic, you do the same things over and over. :(

Last edited:

nice pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom