WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

my only problem adonis is it's too fast, the demo you played was it slower?

OH FFS CAN ONE THREAD BE LEFT ALONE FROM FANBOY SHIT!

FUCKING GROW UP, LOOK OUTSIDE YOUR OWN INTROVERTED LIVES, THERE IS SOOOOOOOO MANY MORE IMPORTANT THINGS THAN BITCHING ABOUT TWO FOOTBALL GAMES. GET A GRIP.

As for the games, there is two teams of people working in order to represent the World's favourite sport, both have plus points and both have negatives, looking for someone who agrees with YOUR POINT OF VIEW takes it to new levels of pettiness.

For the 4th year in a row, I will be purchasing both games, whether or not I keep both games will be a different matter.

This is the WE Next Gen thread, lets keep it like that, Kezz said the same about 80 pages ago or more.

my only problem adonis is it's too fast, the demo you played was it slower?

Much slower. But that was because it was in wide cam. Everyone who has come on here and commented on the game hasnt played the game in an appropriate camer angle to get the full experience.

In the PES series Ive always found normal cam way to fast.

Holio said:
This is the WE Next Gen thread, lets keep it like that, Kezz said the same about 80 pages ago or more.

Totally agree.

What concerns me is that not only is this a PES thread, but a PES/WE inspired forum. The sudden rise in Fifa love is astonishing. But whats concerning is the constant talk about the game in nonrelated threads.

Theres too many provoking comments from both sets of fans, everyone needs to stop that rubbish.

Perhaps its a sign of Evo-web losing its identity, with its fanbase clearly still loving the forum BUT now loving a different game.

Fifa will always get poor scores because...well its Fifa. In the same respect PES will always have a high score, unless Konami seriously fuck up. Which they wont. People who think PES 2008 is awful have seriously judged it too early.

Well, we can only judge it based on the Demo, which is all we have played. ;)

Obviously you hear statements like "The version I played plays better". And I for one won't judge until I play the final code (since the demo most likely isn't the final product).

But the more statements I hear to the affect of "When I got home and played the Demo, it finally felt like I was playing Pro Evo, like I was home", the more I feel that most of the differences reported between this version and that version, is nothing more than different pads, different TVs, different settings etc.
Of course PES is going to feel more familiar when you are in your own house, playing it on the TV you've played PES on sl many hours before, etc, as opposed to sitting in a German Conference hall playing with a 360 pad you aren't used to, watching a TV that maybe is a different size than the one you have at home.

This is also substantiated by noone ever stating "what" the differences are between 2 versions, rather than they just feel different". If the differences subtle enough that you can't actually credit the feeling to a specific gameplay tweak or such, it might just as well be a different TV, different pad etc.

And besides, nitpicks aside, like I wrote a few posts back, penalties are still crap, goalkeepers still leave the far corner wide open for you to shoot at. Sure this isn't final code, but with this being a Demo, and official release being a month away, obviously most players might be a little negative. ;)

I still liked it, don't get me wrong, but I think the unchanged things are starting to become more and more absurd.
I mean, if KONAMi themselves haven't noticed the goalkeeper deciding to hug the near post like he's fallen in love, then maybe someone needs to tap them on the shoulder and say "hey guys, time to listen to the users". We clearly see some things that KONAMI don't.

EDIT: I am glad however by what you are saying with cameras. If there is a camera wider than the Demo one that would be great. The Wide format makes the camera feel more like the wide one, so having an even wider one would be great. It might be exactly like the PES6 360 game, but I didn't play that one so I am not used to the cameras there. :)

Last edited:

hmm Winning Eleven series has done quite a good effect on me at least. For a non daily soccer interested guy i have gone far far since the day. Life changing that is, made me a happy hex editor and enjoy a game more than i could ever expect.

Its all good for me, no matter the changes (or not) done to the game, the gameplay is still there, and i love that, and thats all the foundation of a game in my opinion.

:)

Nobody replies to my points about scripting, shitty throws in, shitty penalties, the same 2 deflections, the same 2 goly saves, the ai cheating etc etc.

Since all these flaws are the same, why should i waste my time with few more animations and some road runners on the wings???????

All i get back is faces are beautiful and all these contacts told you that the final release is perfect. But since these contacts work for seabass i see a conflict of interest.

By the way Adonis, that editorial written by a member of your team and then taken away because it was critical was really a poor move. Lost respect of that blog when that happened. You can leave a critical editorial it is not gonna change the phony hyper positive things you write about konEAmi.

Last edited:

Much slower. But that was because it was in wide cam. Everyone who has come on here and commented on the game hasnt played the game in an appropriate camer angle to get the full experience.

In the PES series Ive always found normal cam way to fast.

Totally agree.

What concerns me is that not only is this a PES thread, but a PES/WE inspired forum. The sudden rise in Fifa love is astonishing. But whats concerning is the constant talk about the game in nonrelated threads.

Theres too many provoking comments from both sets of fans, everyone needs to stop that rubbish.

Perhaps its a sign of Evo-web losing its identity, with its fanbase clearly still loving the forum BUT now loving a different game.

well we are done now with the discussion between fifa and pes and move on by discussing the pes2008 demo. The more played the better it get!

All i get back is faces are beautiful and all these contacts told you that the final release is perfect. But since these contacts work for seabass i see a conflict of interest.

By the way Adonis, that editorial written by a member of your team and then taken away because it was critical was really a poor move. Lost respect of that blog when that happened. You can leave a critical editorial it is not gonna change the phony hyper positive things you write about konEAmi.

Contacts told me? What you on? Im telling you from personal experinece, not second hand chinese whispers.

And that editorial, ffs, wasnt taken down because of the content. Why does everyone keep saying this? The post wasnt even that bad, there was more 'I cant wait to play the game' than any negativity.

Like I said in the comments, it was taken down because it was views based on a very old build. Older than the one you guys are playing now. I took it off coz it makes the site looks dated, especially seeing as other places are commenting on the final version.

I cant see how us taking off that post for that reason ruins our credibility. Me and Suff are constant critics on the podcast, people have selective memory loss sometimes.

Nice subtle hint adonis that the PES fans should go over to your forum instead... This is the place for PES fans and I hope it stays like that. And yes my avatar is there to provoke.

Contacts told me? What you on? Im telling you from personal experinece, not second hand chinese whispers.

And that editorial, ffs, wasnt taken down because of the content. Why does everyone keep saying this? The post wasnt even that bad, there was more 'I cant wait to play the game' than any negativity.

Like I said in the comments, it was taken down because it was views based on a very old build. Older than the one you guys are playing now. I took it off coz it makes the site looks dated, especially seeing as other places are commenting on the final version.

I cant see how us taking off that post for that reason ruins our credibility. Me and Suff are constant critics on the podcast, people have selective memory loss sometimes.

I smell bullshit to be honest. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Why would the content be deleted by you lot if it was from an earlier build? We (the public) don't know that. A lot of people who aren't on Evo Web don't know anything about builds or anything. You shouldn't be the one to decide which comments we get to see and which we don't. In your opinion the comments were based on an earlier build. People have to right to read what they want and you being all "higher power" decide to take it down because it's not "right".. hmm

I'm now waiting for the "Oh shut-up fifa fanboy.. leave the thread if you don't like it" comments from everyone.. pathetic.

Last edited:

PES Needs A New Direction - A CW Editorial

[...]Basically what I am trying to say here is that as Konami are still developing the game for the PS2 is this hampering the series moving on and do they need to rip up the code and rewrite it from the ground up in order to make the game more appealing and/or playable to the next gen crowd.

We have all seen the screens and the videos by now and are slightly underwhelmed that the game looks only a bit more polished than it did last year with PES6. The players still move in the same way as they did on the PS2 and though there have been a few little animation additions you are still limited to what you can do with your players.[...]

he can't wait to play the game......right.....

And that was comments based on an earlier build.. ? Adonis are you taking the piss mate :eh:

I smell bullshit to be honest. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Why would the content be deleted by you lot if it was from an earlier build? We (the public) don't know that. A lot of people who aren't on Evo Web don't know anything about builds or anything. You shouldn't be the one to decide which comments we get to see and which we don't. In your opinion the comments were based on an earlier build. People have to right to read what they want and you being all "higher power" decide to take it down because it's not "right".. hmm

I'm now waiting for the "Oh shut-up fifa fanboy.. leave the thread if you don't like it" comments from everyone.. pathetic.

But why smell bullshit? I mean who do you think we are? We aint Konami owned or anything like that, we can write what we want. The reason for it to be taken was personal choice. If that post went up a week after we came back from Leipzig then fine, but not a month after.

And if you care about knowing what its like, listen to the podcast, or read the other editorials.

Thats a weak quote of his post charlievolano, really weak. You and I both know there are comments in there that were positive. I chat to CW daily, he cant wait for the game. I think everyone who thinks it was taken down for any other reason needs to get a grip. I have a laugh with the Konami rep about me screaming 'I wanna go home!' after playing the demo at Leipzig. You guys havent got a clue!

Taking down articles which are perfectly fine due to "personal choice"? That's the way to run a successfull and fair website is it? Next you'll be deleting comments from people saying negative things about the game. But I'll stay out of it.. your website.. your problem.

Taking down articles which are perfectly fine due to "personal choice"? That's the way to run a successfull and fair website is it? Next you'll be deleting comments from people saying negative things about the game. But I'll stay out of it.. your website.. your problem.

Personal choice for the good of the blog. Last time I checked I was the editor. I have to make sure not only are we accurate, but we are up to date. If a fellow site has views up a more updated build, and CW puts up a post that comments on an old demo we look a bit off.

All this bs from you about running a fair or successful website...lol you really dont have a clue. Yep, definalty stay out of it ;)

Personal choice for the good of the blog. Last time I checked I was the editor. I have to make sure not only are we accurate, but we are up to date. If a fellow site has views up a more updated build, and CW puts up a post that comments on an old demo we look a bit off.

All this bs from you about running a fair or successful website...lol you really dont have a clue. Yep, definalty stay out of it ;)

You're right.. sorry mate. All hail king Adonis of the PES community for no one speaks ill of the man.

Thats a weak quote of his post charlievolano, really weak. You and I both know there are comments in there that were positive. I chat to CW daily, he cant wait for the game. I think everyone who thinks it was taken down for any other reason needs to get a grip. I have a laugh with the Konami rep about me screaming 'I wanna go home!' after playing the demo at Leipzig. You guys havent got a clue![/QUOTE]

I forgot the following part......

PES Needs A New Direction - A CW Editorial (also know as "i can't wait to play the game....)
[...] I think that Konami need to take PES on a stage, rip up the code that they have been using for the last few years and give the fans what they yearn for and that is a true next gen experience or they could well lose the crown as the best football game and we don’t want that to happen!

You're right.. sorry mate. All hail king Adonis of the PES community for no one speaks ill of the man.

finally, hes seen the light.

charlievolano I seriously cant win arguing with idiots, why dont you ask CW what he thought of it hey? What the whole team saw as normal, everyone who wants there to be a hidden agenda will think shit anyways.

Awesome vids Junka!

finally, hes seen the light.

charlievolano I seriously cant win arguing with idiots, why dont you ask CW what he thought of it hey? What the whole team saw as normal, everyone who wants there to be a hidden agenda will think shit anyways.

Awesome vids Junka!

Nice try, after the article was taken down CW wrote on the blog that it would be put it back once again and that never happened. You just decided to write good things about konami, editorial choice...even an idiot would understand that.
Plus a lot of people had made commments about that article, you could just have moved it together with old news. (by the way i say lots of video from the game convention that were 3 weeks old....)

F'ing hell mate what are you on about.

this lad doesnt have anything to gain from saying anything but the truth. As far as I am concerned he is just a fan like the rest of us but has actualy gone out of his way to get us some decent and UP TO DATE info about the game.

otherwise people would think 'dont bother going to that site because its old news' etc.

and as far as I am aware this if his own personal free time taken up, keeping the sited up to date for us fans.

I say this... Adonis and friends keep up the good work lads, because there is a lot of PES players (like me) who are greatful for what your doing.

Adonis is there any news on if were getting the demo tomorrow or teusday on the pc? Or is it still "early next week"?

You cannot judge a whole game on a very obvious bug. This demo has more bugs and I will judge the game on their final release, not an early bugged build.

It's not for the bug itself..i posted that video for the awful animation of the GK

PES08 has got the same old gen animations

Too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom