WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

I heard from a mate with a 360 that everything has been slowed down, yet everything I'm hearing here suggests its not at all.

So which is it?

And last night, I played the F08 demo back to back with PES6 on PS2, and I actually prefer the pace of PES6. FIFA is much too slow. Having said that, I think pretty much everything else is better in F08.

it is super fast!!

FIFA is unresponsive and too slow. PES 2008 is very responsive and good speed.

PES 2008 seems a bit too fast for me, PES6 got the pace right I reckon.

I agree FIFA 08 is as sluggish as ever for FIFA.

I wonder when we're gonna get some commentary.

In some of the posts on the blog some ppl are saying that we can change the game speed in PES 2008(not demo). Is this true?

@Jack Bauer:

Just witnessed Ronaldo crossing the ball all the way from left to right, and it took about as much time as it takes on PES. Maybe it took a little more, but it's close. :)

@Jack Bauer:

Just witnessed Ronaldo crossing the ball all the way from left to right, and it took about as much time as it takes on PES. Maybe it took a little more, but it's close. :)

lol, watching the same match and thought the same thing when i saw it. he did "ping it" though :)

yes the fundementals off pes gameplay are solid,the simple things like basic ballcontrol are easy enough and from there you can customise the players with skills,unlike the other game where its build on a swamp,the simple things like basic ballcontrol are flawed,the box off tricks cant save the game.

A couple of more obsevations from me playing the Demo last night:

- V Feint now possible to do in both left and right directions. PES6 only had it being done in the direction of a players strong foot (the one he uses to drag the ball back with). If you do it in the "strong" foot direction, it looks like PES6. If you do it in the other direction, the player will quickly drag the ball back with his strong foot, then shift himself so that he can use the other foot to peform the V-feint.

- Apart from the V-feint, there is also the new "nutmeg" feint. But instead of dragging the ball back and then quickly pressing forwards and to the left or right, you just drag it back and then press forward only. The player will strike the ball slightly off to a side and then move in the other direction in a small arch.

- Freekicks are easier than PES6. Goalkeepers are slower, and it's a big relief for me.
Also, for some reason Ronaldinho seem to mainly only get topspin on his freekicks. Even though I tried several times, it was very hard to get any spin on the ball. Only had 2 or 3 FKs with him, but that was my findings with the few I took.

Konami has not changed the game much from PES06/WE10 gameplay...because they belief in dont fix it it it aint broken maybe?
And i heard game killer say before PS3 version of PES08 plays verry much like WE10...and thats a plus for me cus i liked it,just like WE10 and J-League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship.

Just got the FIFA demo on a disc and half way through the game i took it out of my Xbox 360 and threw it in the garbage. FIFA is still unresponsive and slow. I liked FIFA on the regular Xbox and PS2.

Just got the FIFA demo on a disc and half way through the game i took it out of my Xbox 360 and threw it in the garbage. FIFA is still unresponsive and slow. I liked FIFA on the regular Xbox and PS2.

Well maybe a review from people have studied to wright reviews, f.e.: Gameinformer, who first reviewed the FIFA 08 PS3 and 360 version, which are in his opinion the same (both 60 fps, first EA titel 60 fps on ps3).

FIFA 08 is the most playable version of the series yet in the next-gen era--including a cool Superstar-like mode--but ghosts of old gameplay still haunt this release. [Oct 2007, p.110]

Gameinformer give it 78%.
Think enough said with the line:
"but ghosts of old gameplay still haunt this release"

It was broken and still sucks, nevertheless nice shirts, all the licences etc., but gameplay still sucks and i agree.

WELCOM PES.

Konami has not changed the game much from PES06/WE10 gameplay...because they belief in dont fix it it it aint broken maybe?
And i heard game killer say before PS3 version of PES08 plays verry much like WE10...and thats a plus for me cus i liked it,just like WE10 and J-League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship.

True, if it ain't broken, it shouldn't be fixed.

However, there are things that are broken, that should be fixed.

For example the goalkeeper positioning bug is in the game still. The goalkeeper hugs the near post way too much, leaving the far side open for longshots (and even badly aimed shots go in at the far corner since the goalkeeper isn't in the "middle" of the goal from the ball's perspective. This has been a problem since PES4, and it STILL hasn't been fixed. And it is a big problem, since it seriously affects the goalkeepers ability to reach certain shots.

It's just not acceptable for something like that to be around for 4 years, and 4 versions of the game.

Not to mention Penalties haven't been touched since PES on the PS1. Now Penalties aren't even broken, since there isn't really anything to be broken. It is so bare-bones it's silly.

If they had ironed out things like these (Penalties, goalkeeper positioning bugs), I wouldn't have complained. But when they keep the game so like PES6, yet don't fix the glaring problems, I wonder what they have been doing.
I mean, sure, you can say they spent time on the advanced Editing features, but surely a goalkeeper positioning error that makes the goalkeeper unable to save even poorly aimed shots at the far corner, surely that has got to have Top priority? And yet they haven't fixed it.
I am giving them the benefit of the doubt till the final version comes out, but after seeing it in both PES5 AND PES6, I have little hopes of it being corrected...

If they had ironed out things like these (Penalties, goalkeeper positioning bugs), I wouldn't have complained. But when they keep the game so like PES6, yet don't fix the glaring problems, I wonder what they have been doing.

did you exctually played the game? you can smell the hard work in all the little details..
it's so great, so evolved

I had one today which I will try to upload but where the ball goes through the keepers chest for a goal...I am now scared of the bugs in this which may make their way to the final version.

So far is still see all the traditional flaws:

Bad throw ins with the invisible wall, scripted corners, the usual AI cheating shooting from a weird angle and magically getting the bounce right on the forward, last minute gols from the AI where the most weird things happen, too easy to dribble the golies, no whatsoever manual passing for through ball (especially the ones in the air).

So far scripting written all over it, and main gameplay still rest on:

-pass to the fullback pass to the winger run fast put a cheap ball in gol gol gol.

Sometimes at the end of the game i expect to see "please insert new coin".
Arcadish and scripted.

It's terrible in all demo videos you can listen the noise from the 360 :lol:

:lmao: I have to admit, that's a good one. :thumbup:

Well it would be, bar the fact the demo is running of the HDD and thus is nigh on silent.......... ;)

Tis a different matter with a disc of course. :8):

Lol that was my bro, he came in my room right before i stopped recording.

Do referees and linesmen appear on the pitch?
No - EA have told us that this is because they want to save every possible bit of CPU power that they can for use on the gameplay engine.

Taken from FIFA Blog. LOL what gameplay engine. All EA did was add more tricks and made the game so detailed that you can even see little hairs on the player's arm.

Last edited:

Taken from FIFA Blog. LOL what gameplay engine. All EA did was add more tricks and made the game so detailed that you can even see little hairs on the player's arm.
Please can a mod ban me from this thread, please, I don't want to respond to shit like this but the more it builds up...

Hey, just telling the truth, FIFA's gameplay hasn't changed that much over the last couple of years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom