WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Once you have all done your fair share of heel flicking, rabonas, diving and check all the amazing faces, would you please share your comments on the following:

1) Is defending better implemented or the cutback gols will spoil this game too as the spoiled PES6.

2) is the scripting still there, mainly the same 2 goly saves and deflections, scripted shooting and limited passing.

I feel they are exactly the same, just implemented with a faster pinball pace.

P.S.
Still i wanna see how the on line is implemented. If on line is enough fun, free of lag and cheater (what about an administrator), then i might give this pinball a try.

Last edited:

the cutback goals are still there and the GK's are still doing that silly parry straight to the incoming striker.

I believe you mate, I'm just telling you that I played the full PS3 version two days ago and there it's still arcady but the speed is a little slower overall, the ball passing is slower and the ball less glued.
I believe you, I'm just saying that the final PS3 version is no perfect simulation. =)
You know my contact at the first view think it's PES6, but with the time the game become amazing, really great and that after 2 months !!!
You try it during few minutes ? hours ?

1 - I speak about the full beta version on 360, no PS3, i never speak about the PS3 version.
2 - I don't try the full beta or the demo
3 - My contacts work on the full beta 360 version from now 2 months and the demo look like a joke compared to the full version.

you don't believe me if you want, isn't my problem ;)

I am really tired of this indulgent prebeta s..t, early built and my contacts here my contacts there my cousing here my sister there etc.

Sorry nothing personal, just this s..t that they release bulls..t video, screen and demos and keep the good stuff for themselves is just a bunch of crap.

OK, since i have no 360, but a PS3 and have to wait to thursday, i just went to a friend of my (Ponymaster) and played the demo on the 360 in
720p. Since i love the pesgames i was very excited (just as every year) because footygames are my favourite. (I play bioshock pc, darkness ps3 but for me way less fun then pes6 ps2). I played last year, before i changed my 360 for a ps3, pes6 on the 360, which i thought was nice to see, but not good enough to play. So untill now pes6 ps2 was my favourite game.

I am amazed how good pes2008 demo looks and plays. The controler will never be as good as the ps2/3 controler to play this game, but that a side, the controles are good. Reaction without lag and very precize. Further more:

- Superb gameplay (just as always the typical pes-feeling, first you hate
it, after a few games it becomes better and so on and so on)
- Fantastic graphics (in game and in cutscenes)in every way!
- Very smooth gameplay/graphics (60 fps !)
- Fantastic animation and a great amount of animations (for example:
cpu is ahead 2 - 1, 89 min., cpu holds ball at cornerflag doing nothing
but only to win time!
- Good menu's, typical PES cult with awfull music

I can go on and go on, but after a game or 7 i am very happy, because i have the feeling it will be the best footygame.

BUT:

- When scoring a goal, before the ball hits the net (which is animated physic wise very very good, Football Kingdomq quality) there is a major (and i mean major) SLOWDOWN from almost 1 second! And that SUCKS big time, because when scoring a goal after a nice atack, you want to hit the ball the net directly and not with a PAUSE, because that what it is!.

Now the rest of the game is 60 fps, it has nothing to do with the capacity of the 360, it is a program fault. It's exactly the same SLOWDOWN thing you saw when scoring a goal ONLINE with pes6 360, only now it's there almost alsways OFFLINE !

Someone recocnize this also? It's no good and I hope people who know what i mean, can tell that the ps3 version doesn't have this and the final 360 version also doesn't have it. It damage the fun a lot (altough to some it is only a detail, for me it isn't).

A side of that, some one knows how to pull shirt and make the special moves?

TIA

You know my contact at the first view think it's PES6, but with the time the game become amazing, really great and that after 2 months !!!
You try it during few minutes ? hours ?
I played it for several hours but as you say it's a question of getting used to it - just as it has been the past couple of years. That just doesn't change the fact that it is indeed the most arcadey in the PES-series yet. =)
I told you from the start that the game is a heck of a lot of fun and really really entertaining in multiplayer.
What worries me is, that it doesn't feel different as it has done since PES1, but after some hours people will get used to the gameplay for sure.
I love the PS3 version of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 and the Xbox 360 version of Fifa 08.

gamekiller you played the full ps3 version,then can you tell us the rest off the teams,they say 250+ teams ,and i can only account for 194 teams.
surely when you play the "full ps3 version"you can tell us.
i heard nothing off pes 2008 getting gold status,so whatever you played its still work in progress,not the final game.

gamekiller you played the full ps3 version,then can you tell us the rest off the teams,they say 250+ teams ,and i can only account for 194 teams.
surely when you play the "full ps3 version"you can tell us.
i heard nothing off pes 2008 getting gold status,so whatever you played its still work in progress,not the final game.
I can't tell you for 01) I don't have the PS3 version, I played it at a press event exclusively for the danish press. 02) Others had to get playing time as well so I won't make a fool of myself by using minutes on writing down all the teams. Wish I could give you the full list but I can't.

You don't have to believe me, it's not my business if you believe me or not, I simply give people the information I got. And not every game is announced as gold-status, some does it in silence. I'm not 100% sure if it was indeed the final version as I said before, but it would surprise if it weren't as everything were available, all teams, all modes. What I could imagine Konami spending the last couple of weeks on is the slowdown problems as some of the demo's problems has already been taken care of.

Once you have all done your fair share of heel flicking, rabonas, diving and check all the amazing faces, would you please share your comments on the following:

1) Is defending better implemented or the cutback gols will spoil this game too as the spoiled PES6.

2) is the scripting still there, mainly the same 2 goly saves and deflections, scripted shooting and limited passing.
1. I think only people with the full version can answer this. The demo do have cutbacks, but I believe the TeamVision only works with saved data ( about your playing style). So as this demo doesn't save your data, it cannot adequately ( spelling? ) anticipate on your cutbacks. With proper working Teamvision, you should at least see far less cutbacks. Still, I believe the defense is certainly better positioned that in PES 6.

2. Scripting is still there. In some cases I got the famous last minute goal against me. Again, maybe the demo uses an old AI in stead of TeamVision, which will be fully operatable in the full version. If this scripting will not be replaced by TeamVision, I would be disappointed.

HELLO, someone?

- When scoring a goal, before the ball hits the net (which is animated physic wise very very good, Football Kingdomq quality) there is a major (and i mean major) SLOWDOWN from almost 1 second! And that SUCKS big time, because when scoring a goal after a nice atack, you want to hit the ball the net directly and not with a PAUSE, because that what it is!.

Now the rest of the game is 60 fps, it has nothing to do with the capacity of the 360, it is a program fault. It's exactly the same SLOWDOWN thing you saw when scoring a goal ONLINE with pes6 360, only now it's there almost alsways OFFLINE !

Someone recocnize this also? It's no good and I hope people who know what i mean, can tell that the ps3 version doesn't have this and the final 360 version also doesn't have it. It damage the fun a lot (altough to some it is only a detail, for me it isn't).

1. I think only people with the full version can answer this. The demo do have cutbacks, but I believe the TeamVision only works with saved data ( about your playing style). So as this demo doesn't save your data, it cannot adequately ( spelling? ) anticipate on your cutbacks. With proper working Teamvision, you should at least see far less cutbacks. Still, I believe the defense is certainly better positioned that in PES 6.

2. Scripting is still there. In some cases I got the famous last minute goal against me. Again, maybe the demo uses an old AI in stead of TeamVision, which will be fully operatable in the full version. If this scripting will not be replaced by TeamVision, I would be disappointed.

Thanks, that's the kind of coversation i am interested in.

how to perform the heel flick, and why doesnt you see real player on the bench because i only see white guys with brazil???

HELLO, someone?

Yes, true, there is some slowdown when scoring a goal. This is one of the bugs Adonis was mentioning in the podcast from saturday. This kind of bugs are typical for early build demo's ( people estimate this demo from two months ago ).
Expect this bug to be removed in the final version.

how to perform the heel flick, and why doesnt you see real player on the bench because i only see white guys with brazil???

According to some guys in here - the heel flick is automatic..

Yes, true, there is some slowdown when scoring a goal. This is one of the bugs Adonis was mentioning in the podcast from saturday. This kind of bugs are typical for early build demo's ( people estimate this demo from two months ago ).
Expect this bug to be removed in the final version.
It were already removed from the PS3 version I played this friday though.

dont say i dont believe you gamekiller,glad you shared your impressions with us.

By the way, can a mod please change my name? Txt me on PM, because the name 'game killer' is ridiclious and I haven't used it for three-four years on the Internet.

Ah okay, it just sounded to me like you didn't believe me but your welcome mate.

OK, since i have no 360, but a PS3 and have to wait to thursday, i just went to a friend of my (Ponymaster) and played the demo on the 360 in
720p. Since i love the pesgames i was very excited (just as every year) because footygames are my favourite. (I play bioshock pc, darkness ps3 but for me way less fun then pes6 ps2). I played last year, before i changed my 360 for a ps3, pes6 on the 360, which i thought was nice to see, but not good enough to play. So untill now pes6 ps2 was my favourite game.

I am amazed how good pes2008 demo looks and plays. The controler will never be as good as the ps2/3 controler to play this game, but that a side, the controles are good. Reaction without lag and very precize. Further more:

- Superb gameplay (just as always the typical pes-feeling, first you hate
it, after a few games it becomes better and so on and so on)
- Fantastic graphics (in game and in cutscenes)in every way!
- Very smooth gameplay/graphics (60 fps !)
- Fantastic animation and a great amount of animations (for example:
cpu is ahead 2 - 1, 89 min., cpu holds ball at cornerflag doing nothing
but only to win time!
- Good menu's, typical PES cult with awfull music

I can go on and go on, but after a game or 7 i am very happy, because i have the feeling it will be the best footygame.

BUT:

A side of that, some one knows how to pull shirt and make the special moves?

TIA

Maybe we played 2 different games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3DbWGJqJUg

You could love PES08 but, please, open-your-eyes

:(

Only good thing is that the controles have been made perfect, for the 360 shitcontroller! Otherwise from the Demo the game isnt what i was waiting for! i dont know if it was right from konami to bring a Demo in marketplace, I think a lot o People are disapointed now! and if it is better in the final release?? they have lost Customers!!!! For sure i will not Support Konami any longer! Sorry Seabass ! i will get this Game after a few Months used from Ebay nothing more! i will wait till i get this for 20 € in some months on ebay!!!
Paying 69€ for what???? Thats the price in good old Germany in biggest stores!

Konami did exactly what 2ksports did with their games. they used the same skeleton of a engine and just polished it up with a few bit more animations. But didn't solve the running animations or turning at all. It's quite arcadish now

You cannot judge a whole game on a very obvious bug. This demo has more bugs and I will judge the game on their final release, not an early bugged build.

Well said mate

Offcourse there are no hard feelings aload of false imformation has been said, I listened to most, and just thought that could or couldnt be in the game, and not take it too bad :)

I love the turning on this game, you can literally skip past some players, with a little feint then a quick turn, the main way players actually beat players :D Slow down, turn, turn the other way and pace off, I love the three speeds, the slow dribble is amazing, the jog, is well a jog (animation looks weird though) and the sprint you can actually feel if the players fast and nimple, slow and strong etc.
Wery well written, and im also lookin forward to the full game alot ... the demo grows for every new game i play
This will defintaley keep me entertained until pes 2009 is out
What i find strange is that all the fifaplayers in here have time to post so many negative coments ... why aint they playing their lovely demo instead =)

1 - I speak about the full beta version on 360, no PS3, i never speak about the PS3 version.
2 - I don't try the full beta or the demo
3 - My contacts work on the full beta 360 version from now 2 months and the demo look like a joke compared to the full version.

you don't believe me if you want, isn't my problem ;)

The phrase clutching at straws were made for times like this

If the final version is such a radical difference from the demo, why release the demo? don't they realize they lose sales?

I hope no, but it's true from people who try the full game (no liepzig demo) the demo look like arcade game and the full game look like a perfect simulation.

I cant believe this is true, however demo isnt that bad, except, gamepace is too fast, and shots and FK are very easy. Dont believe that full game will be so much diff., its nonsense, I know it will be better, but to say that demo is arcade and full game perfect simulation :-)))))))))))

Konami did exactly what 2ksports did with their games. they used the same skeleton of a engine and just polished it up with a few bit more animations. But didn't solve the running animations or turning at all. It's quite arcadish now
The difference for NBA 2K for example is that the animations were just spot on whereas some at PES are still unrealistic :)

Wery well written, and im also lookin forward to the full game alot ... the demo grows for every new game i play
This will defintaley keep me entertained until pes 2009 is out
What i find strange is that all the fifaplayers in here have time to post so many negative coments ... why aint they playing their lovely demo instead =)

I agree compeltely

thomas goal or anyone else
sorry if this has already been covered
has anyone noticed that the keepers tend to stay on their line too much? i don't mean when there's a one on one with the keeper, they're fine in that situation, i mean when you're passing the ball about on the edge of the area they should be one or two steps off their line to give themselves a better chance.
i've never noticed this in pes before, normally they get it spot on, do you think this will be fixed in the full game?

I heard from a mate with a 360 that everything has been slowed down, yet everything I'm hearing here suggests its not at all.

So which is it?

And last night, I played the F08 demo back to back with PES6 on PS2, and I actually prefer the pace of PES6. FIFA is much too slow. Having said that, I think pretty much everything else is better in F08.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom