WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

One thing I will say about the game, I will be cancelling my pre order, but I'm glad they brought back the jockey feature. They had it in pes5 and removed it for pes6. You can face your defenders up when YOU want to now, by pressing R2, like you could back in the day.

All the opinions are respectable but nobody cares if you cancel your pre-order. I myself care even less when you say the same thing two times. This is the second time you post about "cancelling the pre order". Go ahead, it is your choice, be happy, but as I said, nobody cares about it.

Honestly I don't understand these trolling posts... it is a free forum but some posts are non-sense at all...

Last edited:

Quaresma can't do the heel trick? I wonder why, he does it in real life.

My impressions...

Hmmm well, to start I was very skeptical, it was very very fast, well felt it at first, this was last night, well friday night, then I decided to go to bed and try the next day, and it seemed soo much slower, and felt more slower the more I played it, but what I noticed that you actually control the pace of the game, you can play it slow, speed it up at will, its amazing the way you can do that! The long ball I love, finally a long ball hit with pace, and then you can do your softer lobbed long passes with pressing RB well RT for default (the slow dribble button), kicking a ball from goal to goal in 1.5 seconds isnt really that unrealistic, if you work the maths out :P

I will post more tomorrow, well later today when I play some more...

I still think that the game needs to be slowed down a bit, mainly the players jogging, so you can keep at a slow steady pace, rather than a slight high tempo, and also I love the responsiveness!

Last edited:

FIFA 08 Width Of Box: 5.25 seconds
FIFA 08 Side To Side: 9.25 seconds

PES2008 Width Of Box: 4.50 seconds
PES2008 Side To Side: 8.25 seconds

Wow, it's a lot closer than I'd imagined! Perhaps it is an illusion! :|

But I did just kick the ball from one player on the far-left to one player on the far-right in 1.5 seconds, which isn't realistic to me.

Also, make sure Henry didn't have a red arrow or such (I suppose a green arrow would be best since that means his stats aren't boosted or lowered). Could mean alot in terms of pace. ;)

Just trying to put my finger on what determines the games pace. If the players run at the same pace, why do the 2 games feel so different? I *think* it may be the amount of steps the player takes? FIFA runs with bigger strides, while PES takes more, faster steps, creating an illusion of pace.Just a theory like.

That seems very plausible. I haven't seen any feet sliding noticably when players are sprinting, so there probably isn't any "ice" or skating present. But as you say, a more frantic running-style means that it "looks" faster, even though they don't move faster.

It's sort of the same with feeling like the ball is very "marble" like. The blue ball has very little details that stick out and give you contrast, helping you to notice the rotation. A ball with more texture (NIKE Aerow2 for example, or the Adidas WC Ball) would give you more easily distinguishable visual clues for the rotation, and you can see the ball actually "rolls" rather than "floats" or "skids".

So far i know the back heel trick is preformed by C.Ronaldo,Ronaldo,Henry and Drogba
some new vids of mine from today

France highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofFYZQIQ9_U

Quaresma solo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRd5E0CXcs

Quaresma pass to nani to c.ronaldo controled finish;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJAHLrHhKzs

My gosh did that first france highlight vid look bad. Very arcadey and stiff movement...

Best post (execept for the news of course) I've read so far and something I can relate to.

yes he touches the PESfeeling, hardly to explain in words. People who love FIFA doesn't have the PESfeeling. Too bad.

Do the players sweat or not? And where the hell is Fremm?

Fremm, :lol:

Someone can tell me something about penalty-kick??? Does Konami add lob-shoot or power bar ???? Please answer me !

Last edited:

Penalty system is the same as the previous PES', no choice of how you shoot or how much power you use, just aim and press shoot......

For those without Live the 360 demo of PES is on usenet alt.binaries.games.xbox360

Penalty system is the same as the previous PES', no choice of how you shoot or how much power you use, just aim and press shoot......

For those without Live the 360 demo of PES is on usenet alt.binaries.games.xbox360

Thanks but I'm very very Disappointed :roll:

Aye, the penalty system definately needed work and unfortunately all they've done is make the camera really shite for the goalkeeper

I'm still right here and stand by everything I've said. Everybody is crucifing me, although I stated that all the info I gathered was coming from my cousin and not from me. I had flaming arguments with him and blatantly called him a liar, and still he stands by his words. To everybody on this forum; it was never my intention to get your hopes up or provide you with false?? info, I just wanted to do my bit for the community, but apparently it backfired. I hope there are no hard feelings

Do the players sweat or not? And where the hell is Fremm?
Fremm ( or his 'contact', his cousin ) was an imposter. At least somebody with too much fantasy, as you see so many at the internet.
I think he is still among us, but under another name.

EDIT: LOL even under his own name.
Okay FreMM, then your cousin is an imposter, although I found it suspect that you stopped replying my mail... :roll:

Last edited:

Yeah maybe he is Han, but the funny thing is that he stands by everything he said even though we had a couple of flaming fights and what not. Even to this day he says that all the features he said were in the game... Honest to God, I did not mean to fool the community or something like that, bet no-one will believe me, but that I can understand.

So he still says there is a stadium-build option in the ML and all that, even we already got confirmation that there will be only new 'pimping'pictures in it?

Stadium- editing ? Yes, still claims there is.

Are we still talking about pinball?? Ah yes I must have come to the pes 2008 once again......

Offcourse there are no hard feelings aload of false imformation has been said, I listened to most, and just thought that could or couldnt be in the game, and not take it too bad :)

I love the turning on this game, you can literally skip past some players, with a little feint then a quick turn, the main way players actually beat players :D Slow down, turn, turn the other way and pace off, I love the three speeds, the slow dribble is amazing, the jog, is well a jog (animation looks weird though) and the sprint you can actually feel if the players fast and nimple, slow and strong etc.

Another thing I love is the stumble animation, if you turn a player too quick, the player stumbles where he lost his footing, and another one was, the player was trying to get infront of mine for a header, but they bounced into each other, and he put his hands up to show he wasnt pulling on my guy, like look hands off, and then went for the header.

And lastly im very impressed with the collisions, the oofs from the players and crowd is amazing, the cheers, the celebrations and the nets all link up nicely, and makes the goal that much better! The keepers are pretty good, one - on - one isnt always an ensured goal which is good :) The best collision I saw, was I wan in at an angle shot, and it pea rolled to the keeper, my guy ran on, and tripped on a players leg, and looked so good, and then another player came past and like tripped on him.

There is another animation I love, the slide tackles are absolute class, anyway, sometimes when you slide and win the ball, the players do this cool little hop, not the usual jump pressing R2 more automated etc.

Lastly the shooting system is excellent, its all done by player position, ball position, and when you press shoot, ball was crossed in low, to villa I believe, and he was running in, ball was like parrallel to him, so I shot, expecting a usual shot as most games will put it on target somehow, but he went to shoot, was too early and not in good position, so the ball was kicked with the shin on the side, and spoooned way off, I creased up, worst shot of the game, but was realistic.

Best goal I have seen, believe it or not was my girlfriends, she had fernando torres, she was playing left to right, and she had torres running diagnal down to the right, got like near the bottom of the D, and bang straight into the top right corner, was sooo sweet, like 27yards out!

*Also this glass all, marble poo thats going on, I aint noticing it, the ball is moving and bouncinc very realistically for me, fifa bounces toooo much and ball goes through players, this is lovely, although I think the ball sometimes stops spinning too soon, although it probably doesnt im not sure*

Theres a lot of hate going on lately, but its usual at this time, but most of its towards the wrong people.

The computer attacks and play is class, I never know what they are gonna do, they did something annoying yesterday, they played it round the back four, and the keeper, passed it to the keeper, I closed him down, not the usual hoof, he passed it to anoter defender, couldnt get the ball, and their attacking play is very good, they know how to pass, and how to shoot, cross, take free kicks, and best of all, they go on great dribbling runs, defending feels like an art you have to perfect aswell as attacking.

So, I gather you're one of the few here that thinks PES2008 is gonna be class? Not to start another rant or anything, but alot of people seem to love FIFA and hate PES, even though we only have 2 demos to base our opinions on? Strange

Well I think Fifa 08 will be a very good game this year (although I dunno why as the demo played similar to 07 to me, but better at the same time, strange haha), but I am also liking PES2008 a lot (considering I was worried as so many complained about it, the speed for me was a big worry, but it isnt as fast as I thought), I hated the PES6 on 360 was utter shite! but this is sooo much better, and I love editing functions in games and this finally has it on next gen haha.

But I cant really see whats gonna be better till they are both out and played final version, as it comes down to how other teams play, the modes, online, multiplayer fun'ness etc.

Although I think it will be class indeed, if it is slower in the final version especially!

I hope no, but it's true from people who try the full game (no liepzig demo) the demo look like arcade game and the full game look like a perfect simulation.

That's not true at all. The full game on PS3 plays just as arcady as the 360 demo, you will see for yourself when you sit with the final version; trust me. And as much as I respect you, I have to say you're completly wrong on this one. It could be, that the overall speed has been toned down with 5% in the final version I tried out for a couple of hours but nothing noteworthy. The full version is arcady, reminds me a lot of WE10 but faster. Oh.. passing seemed to be a little less scripted than the demo.

I'm gonna play the 360 demo again now though. One thing I can say though, if you liked Winning Eleven 10 (not PES6) on PS2, then you for sure will like PES08 on PS3 - it was a lot of fun in multiplayer, even though the ball is "arcady" with super fast pingpong passes. So even though the final PS3 version is arcade as much as the 360-demo, I still liked the final product.

EDIT:
Hmm... I'm playing the 360-demo right now and honestly, the final PS3 version seems to have a more realistic passing speed ala WE10 and less glued ball.

Last edited:

That's not true at all. The full game on PS3 plays just as arcady as the 360 demo, you will see for yourself when you sit with the final version; trust me. And as much as I respect you, I have to say you're completly wrong on this one. It could be, that the overall speed has been toned down with 5% in the final version I tried out for a couple of hours but nothing noteworthy. The full version is arcady, reminds me a lot of WE10 but faster. Oh.. passing seemed to be a little less scripted than the demo.

I'm gonna play the 360 demo again now though. One thing I can say though, if you liked Winning Eleven 10 (not PES6) on PS2, then you for sure will like PES08 on PS3 - it was a lot of fun in multiplayer, even though the ball is "arcady" with super fast pingpong passes.
1 - I speak about the full beta version on 360, no PS3, i never speak about the PS3 version.
2 - I don't try the full beta or the demo
3 - My contacts work on the full beta 360 version from now 2 months and the demo look like a joke compared to the full version.

you don't believe me if you want, isn't my problem ;)

1 - I speak about the full beta version on 360, no PS3
2 - I don't try the full beta or the demo
3 - My contacts work on the full beta 360 version from now 2 months and the demo look like a joke compared to the full version.

you don't believe me if you want, isn't my problem ;)

I believe you mate, I'm just telling you that I played the full PS3 version two days ago and there it's still arcady but the speed is a little slower overall, the ball passing is slower and the ball less glued.
I believe you, I'm just saying that the final PS3 version is no perfect simulation. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom