WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Ive never been so disappointed with a Pro Evo title, PES6 was awful for the lack of features, and this gameplay wise is the worst I have ever played...who makes these decisions? surely it isnt just Seabass...any idea what the jap fans are saying, maybe they have more sway than us, lets face it we are never listened to.

Excellent - looks like i was wrong - Is that from the demo or the full version?

Never been so glad to be wrong :)

yes the running animations are laughable - even on the replays they look like they are running at double speed -

I dont know why people are saying pes2008's player models are good - IMO they arent much better than pes6 - the forearms are too long and look too wooden

All the videos seems so nice with a lot of new things, smooth gameplay etc.!
LOVE PES

Fifa is 8 way too. What make me laugh is that in Fifa there is the manual shoot, in wich the ball goes in the direction you are facing. But how can you aim exactly where you want if there's not 360° players movement?

Yup Sorry should have expanded on what i said, fifa is 8 way as wellm but it does a bloody good job of convincing you that it is much more fluid than that. Compared side to side to FIFA, PES looks so rigid in its 8 directions..

I think the illusion is just down to the superb animations and mo cap that Fifa has, and that PES has clearly just polished up last years animnation library and not added much more in game animations. It seems that all the hard work and extra graphics and animations for PES have been spent on faces, cut scenes and replays, which IMO are muhc better than Fifas.

BUt as Cammey boy just stated it is ironic that now PES is rated better on graphics and cut scenes and Fifa fifa is rated better ( ok ok based on demos so far) on gameplay.

Fifa fifa is rated better ( ok ok based on demos so far) on gameplay.

Not a single chance. Best time to make up the ballance is around januari 2008. Then we have played PES and FIFA for some months and then it will sort out which game will be played most. And if some play both still then (which i not believe) then it's good for her/him.

Last edited:

so is anyone running this in 1080p>>?

1080P, thanks cattac (cattac says when is 1080i the TV says 1080i and in FullHD = 1080)
pes2gl0.jpg

charlievolano,you a rational peslover,dont make me laugh.
you only post negative posts about pes,its time you get your black avatar.
i hope next week when the other game is released the pesbashers are to busy playing there fantastic,realistic footballgame,at least until pes2008 is released.
but i doubt it,one month playing the other game is to long,surely they are bored by then,and its so much fun anoying pes/we fans in there own thread.

charlievolano,you a rational peslover,dont make me laugh.
you only post negative posts about pes,its time you get your black avatar.
i hope next week when the other game is released the pesbashers are to busy playing there fantastic,realistic footballgame,at least until pes2008 is released.
but i doubt it,one month playing the other game is to long,surely they are bored by then,and its so much fun anoying pes/we fans in there own thread.

played the fifa 08 ps3 demo and i think you are right!

Not a single chance. Best time to make up the ballance is around januari 2008. Then we have played PES and FIFA for some months and then it will sort out which game will be played most. And if some play both still then (which i not believe) then it's good for her/him.

Yes agree, but just voicing opinions for the here and now and what we do now - i.e the demos.
Of course, I hope that PEs is the longer term winner, but I know they have to dramtically improve the gameplay on from the 360 demo thats all.

Just played another couple of game, the game has BOREDOM written all over it, still the same scripted experience. Two passes and you are confortably on the wing with the roadrunners of your choice (usually ronaldo) ready to put in the usual cross which the defender is gonna misteriously miss even if it looks right on his head.

And i still have to turn 360 to wait for my fullback to understand i kinda need him on the wing.

Tweaks yes, smooth yes, nets nicely done yes, faces look superb yes.

Still essentially the same old core gameplay with a more arcadish fast paced flavour. Not good for a game who used to be considered a simulation.

Last edited:

Yes agree, but just voicing opinions for the here and now and what we do now - i.e the demos.
Of course, I hope that PEs is the longer term winner, but I know they have to dramtically improve the gameplay on from the 360 demo thats all.

Some people claim PS3 game will be better speed-wise and be more smoother

There is no 2-player in the demo, so how do you know that about multiplayer charlievolano?

LOL, nice edit you liar!

Last edited by a moderator:

wake up. no way PES beeing the long time winner. why should anybody switch to PES after a couple of weeks. PES is crap this year. thats sad but thank god fifa made the important step right then when it was needed the most.

There is no 2-player in the demo, so how do you know that about multiplayer charlievolano?

True, but you haven't been to the game convention like i did. But i take that comment away as it can be misleading since we are now talking about the 360 demo.

Last edited:

Anyway, i played 1 game, some peeps said it feels like pes6, sorry but i played pes6 360 to death and pes 2008 doesnt look or feel like it. My first impression was "This is definitely an improved version, this is how pes6 was supposed to be".

It feels like pes 6! But only like pes 6 on ps2 ;)

I didn't like pes 6 on 360 because it wasn't like pes 6 on ps2 but now it's more like the ps2 version \\:o/

shirt pulling is looking gay and it does not seem to have any influence.

It didn't look to slow down the pulled player at all.

Though, SOMEONE has to try diving whilst being shirtpulled. You might earn a freekick and a yellow card if you dive while being "fouled" shirt-pull-wise. :)

Wel the DEMO is not that great......but the animations and player model/faces looks awsome!
I realy hope for a improved version....and im sure i wil have more fun playing it on the ps3 cus i just hate the 360 controller to play PES.
Made some movies and a pic of ronnies face :)
and they all look amazing in game:)

pls note the awsome goal celebrations of Adriano and Ronaldinho

http://members.home.nl/amar83/Ronnie goal celebration.mp4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98wv7AHMOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J9AE7sFAnQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iMu1Oqc94U

22092007399.jpg

could someone please upload the ronaldinho celebration on youtube.:)

True, but you haven't been to the game convention like i did. But i take that comment away as it can be misleading since we are now talking about the 360 demo.

so why did you edit your mention of when you played your "mate" out of your post?

edit: your hasty edits tell their own story.

Last edited by a moderator:

so why did you edit your mention of when you played your "mate" out of your post?

edit: your hasty edits tell their own story.

I thought you were corret in telling me it was inappropriate. that's it. I always edit since i am not an english speaker and i often make spelling mistakes.

You know what I feel so funny in this thread. Everyone is discussing pes over the little things, gameplay wise and graphics.

Shirts untucked? Shirt pulling no influence? Face expressions? running animations seems a tad to fast, bal physics seems not correct, net physics are to loose, my wing player doesnt run where he needs to be running, the music sucks, can the ball curve outside, this and that...

I wonder why everbody is so critical and points out every little flaw or tweak? Its the same every year (little change) and every year people end up loving the game lol.

I dont see people in the fifa thread discussing the game like in here. They are all talking about this crazy trick they pulled off..

Get what I'm saying here.. Fifa is way to superficial. Although now it seems not because everything is new. You'll notice in a few months trust me. At konami they spend so much time at details en little tweaks, at EA they spend more time at leagues and options, tricks, etc..

I'm not saying fifa sucks and pes rules because of this but people need to take a clear look at both games and not talking bullshit.
Fifa looks promosing this year but I really doubt I'll enjoy that game a whole year.. It never had durable gameplay and thats not gonna change all of a sudden.

Also people who are saying that fifa is a simulation now and pes is arcade are just full of shit. Both games didnt change THAT much since the previous edition. Both games are neither pure arcade or a pure simulation.
Pes had always these little nuances you also feel when you actually play football, the same feeling in some way. Fifa has not, simple as that.
Doesnt make it a worse game just less interesting to me.

I heard someone say the ball physics sucks, that someone clearly need to take a closer look at phyiscs..
Things like this, just cut the crap.

I dont see people in the fifa thread discussing the game like in here. They are all talking about this crazy trick they pulled off..
Okay, one question. What fucking thread have you been reading? And on what forum?

All I've talked about is the physics, the AI, your teammate AI, how hard it is to score. I despise the tricks, but at least they're there (because they do actually do tricks in real life you know). But I'm wasting my time because you've already made your mind up about which game to hate and which game to love. But more than that, who to hate and who to love.

I was prepared to give PES2008 a chance, a demo is free after all, but all people like you come to this forum for is to say how stupid the other people are for liking that game, and how superficial they are, despite the fact that they're all talking about the defensive AI and the physics. If you were a real judge you'd go "yep, that guy murdered that guy, I've read the casenotes blah blah, it's always the same thing anyway, throw him in jail, two years." Mr. Judge, I have constructive criticism, "what?! Jail, two years." This forum is going down the fucking drain.

I heard someone say the ball physics sucks, that someone clearly need to take a closer look at phyiscs..
Things like this, just cut the crap.
How about you cut the crap first? Not much chance of that is there? I waited for the PES2008 demo, it arrived, and the ball sticks to the ground like there's no friction at all. Football on ice is exactly what it is. If you have fun with it then great. But the physics do suck, if you're looking for realism. I'm sorry, I'm all for opinions, but have you actually played either demo of either game? Look at the fucking ball. It doesn't bobble, it doesn't do anything, when it leaves a player it becomes stuck to the ground until it reaches the pass target. If you like the game then great but some people really need to get their heads out of their arses.

Last edited:

jack dont bite to them mate. There are a few members in here who can be objective. The vast majority are very bitter at what Konami has done.

As i said earlier for a pes thread they all want to mention fifa enough times.

I loved the pes series like a son, i started playing on the snes with iss and right through to pes6 on the 360. And i simply cannot believe what they have done. IS pes2008 a good game? Its not shite but it most certainly isnt what we all expect from a producer that has produced what he has in the past.

Dont pick on people because they have an adverse opinion to the game you like, its not fair and to be honest ignorant. One doesnt have to be better than the other, but each game can be dissapointing in its own right. And to me pes 2008 is dissapointing.

I agree, i also like talking about gameplay elements like scripting, manual passing, defensive option, pace, sense of realism.

what we get back is "pes rules" "you whiners" "fifa will suck forever" and all the other sorts of stereotypes.

PES has not progressed in terms of gameplay, limited 8 directions, scripting, cutback gols, speed of players way too crucial, very limited sense of freedom, deflections and goly mostly the same etc.

If u believe the game fundamentals have changed showed how and i am willing to discuss. But i don't care for polishing, faces, nets and shirtpulling.

It's liars I can't stand Cowden. "All they talk about in the FIFA thread is physics", that is a fucking outrageous statement. If I said "all they talk about in the PES thread is the faces" I'd be shot down in two minutes.

I don't care what game someone likes but to say "oh all the fans of this game are idiots" is disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom