WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 09/19/07)

Was it a trade show that is set specifically for retailers? Theres no press events going on right now apart from the shows certain retail orgs are putting on.
It was a press event exclusively for the danish media/press/retailers set up by PanVision - the danish distributor. I would assume it was the nordic offices of Capcom, Konami, SEGA, NCSoft and others that was there. Even though I talked english to the guys. The nordic Konami contact could even confirm that Brøndby IF will be in PES2009.
All the bugs were ironed out in this version which I honestly assume were the very final version of the PS3 version, as everything were available. The only downside were the rather big slowdowns that occured at some points in multiplayer.

Last edited:

It was a press event exclusively for the danish media/press/retailers set up by PanVision - the danish distributor. I would assume it was the nordic offices of Capcom, Konami, SEGA, NCSoft and others that was there. Even though I talked english to the guys. The nordic Konami contact could even confirm that Brøndby IF will be in PES2009.
All the bugs were ironed out in this version which I honestly assume were the very final version of the PS3 version, as everything were available. The only downside were the rather big slowdowns that occured at some points in multiplayer.

Slowdown in multiplayer? You mean online lag or also slowdown in offline 1 vs 1 multiplayer in PS3 version?

Wel the DEMO is not that great......but the animations and player model/faces looks awsome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f98wv7AHMOI

I think that's the first movie from PES2008 that I've actually enjoyed. I particularly like the little back-heel flick he does just at the end, very convincing and looked just like the real man.

Shame about all the ice-skating, detracts from the sense of realism.

Slowdown in multiplayer? You mean online lag or also slowdown in offline 1 vs 1 multiplayer in PS3 version?

Offline multiplayer, not online. 1vs1 on the PS3 version yes. At one occassion it was really bad, it was like my winger were running in slowmotion. =(

I actually pulled off a diving one as well and getting rewarded a fk, though that was in the demo.

Ok Untucked shirts freak Cammey has just spent a couple of hours with PES 2008 demo.

Good points

Ball Physics are not as bad as I was imagining its not quite as bad as pes6 (360).

Player "Faces" are very very good, as are the player models.

Nets are very nice but should be deeper.

Better Menu's very clean and crisp.

Good crowd noises.

Boots look good, yet to see an untucked shirt, but I have been assured they are in.

Bad Points

Game Speed - Unbelievably fast, it really needs slowing down 30% before release.

Players coated in wax, How people can have a go at the fifa players is unreal, the pes players look like glass.

The Music - Terrible but that's expected and doesnt affect the game.

It still feels a bit "On Rails" and I can easily win on Top Player with the same tactics as PES6.

Well that's it folks.

To be perfectly honest I actually enjoyed playing it.

I went and played FIFA afterwards and that's much more realistic to me, but both games are enjoyable in different areas.

Offline multiplayer, not online. 1vs1 on the PS3 version yes. At one occassion it was really bad, it was like my winger were running in slowmotion. =(

I actually pulled off a diving one as well and getting rewarded a fk, though that was in the demo.

and you tell us it will also be there in the final version? That sucks

and you tell us it will also be there in the final version? That sucks

No he did not say that. He said he thinks its the final version. Theres a month til release mate.

can some1 help please?

How do you dive? also how do you do the ronaldo/drogba move?

Can you change the camera on this demo?

no camera change options Jayd....

Can Adonis, Suff, or the WENB boys or anyone else that went confirm if this demo is the same build as Leipzig demo. If so there is still hope as the later build were alledgedly superior in gameplay. which is what is shokcing me at the moment. It feels so stilted and pinballish. Sorry for mentioning it here but at the moment, i keep going back to play fifa08 demo, even though it has its own faults, it just feels the more fluid measured football game and not 8 way arcade footy that the pes demo seems to be.

So anyone? Demo same as Leipzig or is this demo later build?

Last edited:

No he did not say that. He said he thinks its the final version. Theres a month til release mate.

As you said - I think it was the final version, only based on the content. =)
I actually think that Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 plays like Winning Eleven 10 (not PES6) just a bit faster.
There didn't seem to be any big difference between the players at Real Madrid at least, every player were good, Drenthe, Marcelo everyone were good - middle to good stats but they were still awesome on the field.

Can Adonis, Suff, or the WENB boys or anyone else that went confirm if this demo is the same build as Leipzig demo. If so there is still hope as the later build were alledgedly superior in gameplay. which is what is shokcing me at the moment. It feels so stilted and pinballish. Sorry for mentioning it here but at the moment, i keep going back to play fifa08 demo, even though it has its own faults, it just feels the more fluid measured football game and not 8 way arcade footy that the pes demo seems to be.

I just said I played the final version (I assume) yesterday on the PlayStation 3. It is infact better if not much better than the demo on Xbox 360, but it could come down to me playing with Sixaxis, that could have made the whole difference. The latest build I played (really, I strongly think this was the final version we'll see, maybe some slowdown will be fixed in the last seconds) still have the pinballish game in it. It's practically Winning Eleven 10 on crack but it's fun in multiplayer nonetheless.

So I think I can confirm the demo is a pretty old build compared to the latest version of the game. It just seemed much more polished at yesterdays event.

Last edited:

@fatlip dunno m8,i have done the ronaldo moves several times with c.ronaldo and ronaldo it kinda comes when ur gonna turn.
i alsow did the dive dunno what button i pressed l0l

@JayD no m8....there is only 1 camera mode

and @ cammyboy
'Players coated in wax, How people can have a go at the fifa players is unreal, the pes players look like glass'

Total BS
fifa08 player models compared to PES08 is a joke.......no fanboy talk, just telling the truth.

#Junka
You have to hold the LB+RB and then push the LT, then you'll dive mate. =)

@fatlip dunno m8,i have done the ronaldo moves several times with c.ronaldo and ronaldo it kinda comes when ur gonna turn.
i alsow did the dive dunno what button i pressed l0l

@JayD no m8....there is only 1 camera mode

and @ cammyboy
'Players coated in wax, How people can have a go at the fifa players is unreal, the pes players look like glass'

Total BS
fifa08 player models compared to PES08 is a joke.......no fanboy talk, just telling the truth.

I would rather have much better gameplay than superiour graphics.

Aint that what you PES fanboys have been saying for years?

Well the the shoe is on the other foot now.

As you said - I think it was the final version, only based on the content. =)
I actually think that Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 plays like Winning Eleven 10 (not PES6) just a bit faster.
There didn't seem to be any big difference between the players at Real Madrid at least, every player were good, Drenthe, Marcelo everyone were good - middle to good stats but they were still awesome on the field.

I just said I played the final version (I assume) yesterday on the PlayStation 3. It is infact better if not much better than the demo on Xbox 360, but it could come down to me playing with Sixaxis, that could have made the whole difference. The latest build I played (really, I strongly think this was the final version we'll see, maybe some slowdown will be fixed in the last seconds) still have the pinballish game in it. It's practically Winning Eleven 10 on crack but it's fun in multiplayer nonetheless.

So I think I can confirm the demo is a pretty old build compared to the latest version of the game. It just seemed much more polished at yesterdays event.

So its still fast?

So its still fast?

It's still very very fast yes. Winning Eleven 10 on crack as I said. Though, one of my coworkers think it was a little bit slower than it used to be, so I guess it comes down to an opinion.

I will not buy the game because its just not my cup of tea,it will be fun playing over live but it just does not simulate football enough to suit my taste,too fast i am afraid and the ball has that "on rails" feeling from the PS1 & 2.

The demo will not be a complete reflection of the final game, I think it will be a little more polished but the game engine will definately be the same and that needs a next gen re-write.

just My opinion and before I get jumped on, I played ISS all the way to PES6 on the 360, the only FIFA I have ever purchased was 07 last year.

I would hate Konami to rest on thier past success by not implementing the changes needed and it is not good for the consumer if one falls away badly.Heres hoping they are working on some new code for the future.

I really envy your indulgent attitude towards konami, and the "early build theory". Like in 2 weeks they are gonna fix things they haven't touched in 5 years.

i expect fifa to be reviewed with higher scores that this pinballish pes for the first time in 10 years. Sorry seabass got this wrong again.

Welcome to the next gen games where football meets pinball........If they added an option to use one of your defender as a FPS, then you'll stand a change to get cristiano ronaldo before he goes to warp 3.

Last edited:

it just feels the more fluid measured football game and not 8 way arcade footy that the pes demo seems to be.

Fifa is 8 way too. What make me laugh is that in Fifa there is the manual shoot, in wich the ball goes in the direction you are facing. But how can you aim exactly where you want if there's not 360° players movement?

I still can't manage to perform a dive. Maybe because i changed my controls?

Good thing to see the ref giving nuno gomez a yellow card for diving in the box. At first i thought "No penalty what did i do?!", then i was relieved.

Are there 360° player movment in other sport games like nhl nba etc?

fifa 08 is 8 way, but not nearly as apparant as pes is.

Is shirt pulling in the demo?

I may be wrong ( i hope i am ) but ill be the first to say that i dont think shirt puling will make its way into the final game.

Also im very dissappointed that the roanldo/drogba move is automatic - i was dying to be running down the wing and then check back inside to beat the defender.

As it is the animation is that short and ineffective to bother with.

In FIFA players looks like a glass too... it's a next-gen graphics problem and music... it will be easy to change, it isn't a problem.

I hate EA sports becuase FIFA08 PC version is like PS2.

PES forever!!

Ohh yeah, I noticed another things while playing the Demo yesterday.

- Goalkeeper positioning error is still there. That is, the golakeeper will most of the time hug the "close" post leaving the far side wideopen for longshots. No real goalkeeper would do that, since you try and keep yourself in the midlle of the goal from the ball's perspective, so that you have equal distance to both posts (again from the ball's perspective).

This has been in since PES4 and it still hasn't been corrected (unless they do it for the final release), which is not only a shame but an outrage.

Any sign of the AI thing? so far i haven't seen any, but maybe it is pre Team Vision build. I guess only the fanboys can now defende this game, we rational pes lovers feel it is a total let down. fifa all the way. Well it was meant to happen after 10 years.

Shirt Pull video (thanks WENB)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jXsMw61B0o&eurl=http://www.winningelevenblog.com/

Roulette Marseillaise and petit pont akias nutmeg - like Adriano vs Valencia (thanks pes66)
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...su_cronaldo-pes2008-roulette-petit-pon_street

Injury player back (thanks pes66)
tclegk4.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom